Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 04-30-2011, 02:25 PM   #15
SkunkJunk420

Drives: camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Pappy View Post
We should be there after 7:00.....
Cabelas? Sam, nate, marsha; see yall there
SkunkJunk420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:27 PM   #16
SkunkJunk420

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I'll try to be there around 7:00 but no promises...
Come on!!!
Old 04-30-2011, 09:17 PM   #17
SkunkJunk420

Great time at cabelas, a little short cause UFC but i had fun! Good to see pappy and family, robert, and kyle. Even a Legand showed up lol
Old 05-01-2011, 09:15 AM   #18
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkJunk420 View Post
Great time at cabelas, a little short cause UFC but i had fun! Good to see pappy and family, robert, and kyle. Even a Legand showed up lol
A legend...you mean "The Legend"!! LOL!!

Good to see you again...Sam and Robert as well...Kyle too. It was nice to get out and take a little drive.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:31 PM   #19
bthomp01

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Wish I could have made it out, would have been great to get out of the office. I did get a chance to do the bowtie blackout yesterday morning before getting started though, so I'm on my way and I think officially addicted, haha. Step two, get the matte black bumblebee stripes installed
bthomp01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #20
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Hey bthomp...

I would take you to all the meets, but I am wrapping up my time in Austin, I have been here 4 years and think its about time to head home.... for a bit at least. I am moving back to Traverse City Michigan. Yea.. I know... dont think my car will handle the snow much... snow tires? hahah. JK..

Robert/Sam/Josh and Ronnie... keep in touch with them, they will never steer you wrong. Robert has a great engine guy too if you ever get the need for speed.... as you can see... it hit us hard. haha.

As for meet ups before I leave.... I will be doing a cruise from from Galvaston to Keema this saturday for GM Sponsored show, then plan on heading to San Antonio Friday the 13th to say goodbye to my buddies down there... I leave the 20th

Get at me if you are free any of those times.

kg
Old 05-04-2011, 10:07 AM   #21
bthomp01

Hey Kyle, I'm originally from Michigan! I actually had to drive my Camaro down here from the Detroit suburbs during Christmas 09 during/after a huge blizzard... definitely needs snow tires, haha. Still have my plates too, but only til August.

I think I'll be free Friday the 13th (yikes), I'd love to make the trip to get to know some of the guys in the area, and I think I'm going to the ACX show on Sunday. I have some friends down here that are into the import tuner scene that may be there and while they might be a little misguided in their vehicle preference, they're great people

So I was able to get my bowties done (baby steps!), my bumblebee stripes are on a truck right now and I have an installer lined up for tonight or tomorrow. Once they're on and settled, I need a detail and then it's on to:

Heritage Grille
CAI inc intake
Stainless Works S-tube catback
MBPR square exhaust tips for GFX

Then I need to start looking at suspension and drive train to increase efficiency to the wheels and a tune at some point. I've learned a ton in the couple weeks I've been farting around the forums and I'm REALLY looking forward to getting some performance pieces on there.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:24 AM   #22
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomp01 View Post
Hey Kyle, I'm originally from Michigan! I actually had to drive my Camaro down here from the Detroit suburbs during Christmas 09 during/after a huge blizzard... definitely needs snow tires, haha. Still have my plates too, but only til August.

I think I'll be free Friday the 13th (yikes), I'd love to make the trip to get to know some of the guys in the area, and I think I'm going to the ACX show on Sunday. I have some friends down here that are into the import tuner scene that may be there and while they might be a little misguided in their vehicle preference, they're great people

So I was able to get my bowties done (baby steps!), my bumblebee stripes are on a truck right now and I have an installer lined up for tonight or tomorrow. Once they're on and settled, I need a detail and then it's on to:

Heritage Grille
CAI inc intake
Stainless Works S-tube catback
MBPR square exhaust tips for GFX

Then I need to start looking at suspension and drive train to increase efficiency to the wheels and a tune at some point. I've learned a ton in the couple weeks I've been farting around the forums and I'm REALLY looking forward to getting some performance pieces on there.

I heard you were, I grew up there, went to CMU, been out here for a few years, but ready to head back home... and I was kidding about driving it in Traverse City during the winter... haha.

700rwhp doesnt go fast on ice, I will have a winter truck.

The 13th will work, send me a PM with your number and we can head down there together. I think I will hit up the show on Sunday too, I will hit you up.

I would really research the cat back exhaust. from the experiance of others, I have found that it is not worth the cost. If you want SOME sound... do the muffler delete until you are ready to do LTs and the whole shabang. Cat back doesnt really offer any performance (i saw on friends cars), JMO

talk soon
kg
Old 05-04-2011, 10:54 AM   #23
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
We are going to miss you Kyle. Just got another Michigander and then you are leaving....I talked to my sisters a couple of weeks ago and they were getting snow, ice and freezing weather still. You really want to go back there? LOL. We should all get together for lunch one of these Saturday before you go....BTW, I am heading back to Michigan (Walled Lake, Chelsea and Ann Arbor) the 3rd week of June for a family get together..

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:56 AM   #24
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbui View Post
We are going to miss you Kyle. Just got another Michigander and then you are leaving....I talked to my sisters a couple of weeks ago and they were getting snow, ice and freezing weather still. You really want to go back there? LOL. We should all get together for lunch one of these Saturday before you go....BTW, I am heading back to Michigan (Walled Lake, Chelsea and Ann Arbor) the 3rd week of June for a family get together..
nice.... I will be in TC that weekend. Head up north!
Would love to do a lunch, but I am running out of weekends. haha
Maybe this sunday after the ACX show?
Old 05-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #25
bthomp01

Looking forward to the show this weekend! I managed to get my stripes installed this morning and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. I should probably wait until I can get pictures of a cleaner car, but I won't be able to wash it for a few days :( Hopefully I can clean it up enough to get a quality professional shot at the show Sunday.

Next: Heritage Grille or CAI intake... still undecided. Still lots of thought to go into the exhaust too!
Attached Images

Old 05-07-2011, 01:17 AM   #26
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Damn. That looks good son. Is that flat black? Almost looks gray in the first pic. I like them. See you Sunday I hope. Text me
Old 05-07-2011, 01:50 PM   #27
bthomp01

Thanks! Yep, flat black. I'm really pleased with how it turned out, I was nervous about the mail slot since the vinyl isn't intended to wrap around it, but unless you're standing on top of it you can't really tell.

I got some better pictures later yesterday, I'll have to throw them in my garage/sig/avatar
Old 05-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #28
bthomp01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
Damn. That looks good son. Is that flat black? Almost looks gray in the first pic. I like them. See you Sunday I hope. Text me
Bummer you couldn't make it out Kyle, was a perfect day for it! Hopefully everything works out with the car and you're able to get it fixed up before the ride back up north.

I think I've decided on the SW catbacks for my next mod. I know I won't get any performance out of it, but for now I want to get a bit of sound and set it up for headers and cats down the road. My ebay auctions came through with ridiculous results today, so the heritage grille and CAI are right around the corner too! Now I just need to find a place that I can get under my car and do the catback...

I've got a few pics from the ACX meet this morning, it was great to meet everyone! I'm really lookin forward to seeing a big ol C5 turnout at some point
Attached Images

Matte Black Bumblebee Stripes - Unpainted Heritage Grille - Blacked Out Bowties - Stainless Works S-Tube Catback - CAI, Inc. Cold Air Intake
Whiteline Rear Cradle, Rear Differential, Front Radius Rod Bushings - BC Racing BR Coilovers - Installed by Whiteside Customs