Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 09-20-2011, 06:21 PM   #15
ctinatx

Drives: 2014 SS Sedan
For comparison, here is what it should look like in the back
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2011, 08:26 PM   #16
Fire65

Drives: 2011 2 LT RS Convertible
Thanks for the pic, I'll compare tomorrow.
Fire65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:54 PM   #17
rainey85

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro Vert.
I found a puddle in mine last week on the rear passenger side floorboard after I washed it. I thought maybe the door wasn't shut all the way and thought nothing else of it. Well today my husband drove my car to work and it was outside for a few hrs. in the rain and when he got in it to come home he happened to notice a huge puddle on the rear passenger side floorboard. I will be calling tomorrow to take it in and have it checked out for the leak, along with a few other issues. I am so tired of my car having issues constantly and GM doing little to nothing about the problems. I have had the car for 6 months and it has been in the shop at least 6 times. I love my car and was so excited when I ordered it, but enough is enough!

rainey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #18
Fire65

This is what my top looks like.

Name:  IMG00202-20110921-1715.jpg
Views: 2546
Size:  107.9 KB

Name:  IMG00201-20110921-1714.jpg
Views: 2581
Size:  97.3 KB
Old 09-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #19
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I'm sorry to see so many of you still having issues with your convertible tops. There is documentation that should address this issue. Ultimately your dealer would the one to make that call. If you need me to contact your dealers in regards to this let me know and I'll do my best to help.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:29 AM   #20
Fire65

Jeff,

Thanks for the offer, I plan to take the car to another dealer, (currently asking friends for their opinion of a great service department). The local dealer I took it to failed horribly. It doesn't seem that complicated of an issue. I do see a drain hole on the outside just below the molding of where the convertible top meets the body on the passenger side rear. I suspect that water is entering thru the drain but getting incorrectly diverted.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #21
rainey85

I took my car in today for the leak and this afternoon the service rep calls me and said they could not find any leaks. He said they performed the water test with their car wash and also with a hose and could find absolutely nothing. Needless to say I was extremely pissed because I know for a fact there was water on my rear passenger floor. Well anyway on the way to get my car it started pouring down rain and I was hoping that my car was outside so I could see if there was water and show them. Well it was parked outside and low and behold there was a puddle. They found that the hose that carries the water out from the water bag was kinked on the passenger side. They fixed it and are keeping my car so they can replace the carpet. Hopefully that really is the issue, but since we have rain every afternoon it won't take long for me to know for sure.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #22
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Good to hear Fire65 and rainey85, I really hope this is the last trip you have to make for your vehicle. Let me know how it goes!

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #23
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
I had my top replaced and then noticed a leak that resulted in a PUDDLE in the rear passenger floorboard. I couldn't see it leaking from the roof line or anywhere else, inside or out. I took a garden hose with a gentle spray, and the water started seeping into the carpert.. resulting another puddle. Took it in to a different service department. They found a major problem with the "water management system". They have to replace the carpet, padding, even the rear passenger seat cushion (bottom).. they were completely soaked, even though I though I had dried it thoroughy.

TAKE YOUR CARS IN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE if you have water in the passenger seat floorboard.

Dealer still has my car.
cam62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:58 AM   #24
rainey85

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam62 View Post
I had my top replaced and then noticed a leak that resulted in a PUDDLE in the rear passenger floorboard. I couldn't see it leaking from the roof line or anywhere else, inside or out. I took a garden hose with a gentle spray, and the water started seeping into the carpert.. resulting another puddle. Took it in to a different service department. They found a major problem with the "water management system". They have to replace the carpet, padding, even the rear passenger seat cushion (bottom).. they were completely soaked, even though I though I had dried it thoroughy.

TAKE YOUR CARS IN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE if you have water in the passenger seat floorboard.

Dealer still has my car.
Have you gotten your car back yet? I took mine in on 9/26 and it is still at the dealer. I talked to them Monday and they were waiting on the carpet to come in. I sure hope it looks good when I get it back.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:28 AM   #25
cam62

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainey85 View Post
Have you gotten your car back yet? I took mine in on 9/26 and it is still at the dealer. I talked to them Monday and they were waiting on the carpet to come in. I sure hope it looks good when I get it back.
Nope.. today is day 10. Went to see her yesterday, all the seats and carpet are out. :( Maybe time to put some wiring harnessess in for future mods, if I keep her.

Any way.. looks like the trim shop that replaced my top screwed things up horribly. Dislodged both drain tubes which resulted in all water being diverted into the rear passenger compartment.

In addition, there is a special hand cut (so I'm told) water proof fabric that collects water and diverts water to the drain tubes. My detail may be a bit off .. but the gist of it is.. either the trim shop cut that fabric, or it's been cut wrong since day one. Either way, it's apparantly a special part that must be hand cut or some such... and now the status as per the service manager.. "we are supposed to call and check status of the part on Friday.

So, 5 days in shop for first replacement of top. Now 10 days with no committment as to when the part will be available.

I am seinding my 15 day letter to GM. What a shame.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #26
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
cam62 be sure to track the days for lemon law, I'd do the same even though I currently love the car. There is a fine line, problems like that would sway me pretty quickly.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #27
cam62

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVert View Post
cam62 be sure to track the days for lemon law, I'd do the same even though I currently love the car. There is a fine line, problems like that would sway me pretty quickly.
I love the car too. I am not eager to part with it. A replacement car won't cut it. Blue is a requirement for me spending this kind of money for a top of the line sportscar. It will never be "new" again. Seats are out, carpet is out, small nicks that the previous trim shop made. I may be too picky but it is what it is. I had a hard enough time finding an IBM vert (new) in June, let alone now when IBM isn't even offered.

Just so disappointed with the whole experience. I've owned two used vettes and decided now is the time to complete a bucket list item. Apparantly my expectations were too high.

We'll see how it goes. I'm sending my 15 day letter tomorrow and take it from there.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #28
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Cam62, good luck & please keep us posted.