Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-22-2008, 11:04 AM   #141
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy233 View Post
If demand and the fools who are willing to pay over sticker is the reality in 2.5 yrs then you will get the greedy dealers marking up the new Camaro, but who is to blame?? It's the fools who pay more, not the dealers. What would you do if you own a dealership and someone wants to pay you $4K-$5K over sticker because they have to have it now?? Answer honestly now!
People who pay one cent over retail are Fools. You hit the nail on the head with that one. Even retail is questionable since there's markups, incentives, etc. We bought an 07' Honda Civic. In March of 07' the dealers wouldn't budge on the price, so I passed. By August I had purchased one brand new for $2K under retail and at 1.9% interest to boot.

There will always be those who have to have it first and pay out the nose for it. I'm not sure why people do this, but whatever. The bad thing is that it hurts everybody. Dealers wouldn't do it if people wouldn't pay it, but I guess there's always a moron that'll pay anything to say they had it first. Sad thing is these morons don't realize as soon as the hype is over and the cars start selling at or below retail their car just depreciated 50% faster than everyone else's. But hey, they got to drive it for 6 months longer so it has to be worth it right?

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:24 AM   #142
TurbineX-2000

Drives: 2006 Mustang
Camaro SS Pricing

If GM prices the SS at the same level as the Challenger SRT,you will see a lot of potential customers heading to the Ford dealership across town. A high percentage of the sales managers and sales staff at Ford dealerships are going to be saying:"Don't worry about the Camaro being released,when the potential customer takes one look at the price tag on that SS,and balks at the sticker price,they'll come runnin' back to look at,test drive and price Mustang GT's."Hey GM,is this what the hell you want?!We're in a RECESSION right now,in case you haven't noticed.If you want to steal Mustang GT sales,price the Camaro SS in the same ballpark as the Mustang GT. And consumers,do your homework,and don't shop at dealers that GOUGE!GM should be telling this to it's Sales Managers and Sales Staff at Chevrolet dealerships.And another word of advice:If you have an Auto Club or Costco membership,and have an opportunity to buy at "Fleet Pricing",once "Fleet Pricing" on the Camaro lineup becomes available,shop at dealers that offer "Fleet Pricing.".We have to send GM the message...DON'T GOUGE THEIR POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS!!!!
TurbineX-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:23 AM   #143
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagliano7 View Post
Could one of the dealers here on Camaro5.com do something similar to this for current Camaro5 members sometime in the future? I know for the first batch, I'll have to order from camaroscotty and have it delivered to a dealer in Florida. However a year or two goes by and I'm looking to buy my second Camaro (perhaps Z28) then a type of discount like this would be very welcome..
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:35 AM   #144
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Could one of the dealers here on Camaro5.com do something similar to this for current Camaro5 members sometime in the future? I know for the first batch, I'll have to order from camaroscotty and have it delivered to a dealer in Florida. However a year or two goes by and I'm looking to buy my second Camaro (perhaps Z28) then a type of discount like this would be very welcome..
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:54 PM   #145
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Free Market Folks. That's all it is.

You all may get mad at these Dealers and/or Salespersons, but, it is a free market here.

I, for one, will not deal with anyone who tries to add on to the sticker priice. If this really upsets you that much, walk from these dealers and let them know what you think.

You have the rioght to coose not to deal with them as much as the ones who will pay the marup have the right to pay whatever their little heart's desire. (Foolish as that may seem to the rest of us.)

All I can think of is the extra Items I can add to my Camaro by not paying too much for it.
greenrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 01:36 PM   #146
john A

Drives: 79 vette
GM dealers across the country are struggling and closing their doors. Finally, they have developed a product that deserves a profit. GM, one of our nations largest employer, needs the Camaro to do extremely well in sales. This will not fix GM's financial issues, but it will be a good start. If the new Camaro demands 20k over sticker, good for the dealers. I will sacrifice not having the first one on the block for the dealers to make a much needed profit to help offset some off the dead weight in dealers inventory. GM will WIN by gaining maket share and a frenzy over their product. Dealers will WIN by having a product that has the potential to generate profit for employees and in turn the community. Consumers will WIN by enjoying one of the greatest american icons with the latest technology. We need to get the American Revolution back on track.
john A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 03:24 PM   #147
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by john A View Post
GM dealers across the country are struggling and closing their doors. Finally, they have developed a product that deserves a profit. GM, one of our nations largest employer, needs the Camaro to do extremely well in sales. This will not fix GM's financial issues, but it will be a good start. If the new Camaro demands 20k over sticker, good for the dealers. I will sacrifice not having the first one on the block for the dealers to make a much needed profit to help offset some off the dead weight in dealers inventory. GM will WIN by gaining maket share and a frenzy over their product. Dealers will WIN by having a product that has the potential to generate profit for employees and in turn the community. Consumers will WIN by enjoying one of the greatest american icons with the latest technology. We need to get the American Revolution back on track.
But what's really better for all concerned....selling 5,000 units at 20K over invoice, or selling 80,000 units at of just below MSRP? My financial logic tells me it's the latter.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 07:32 PM   #148
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Me: "How much for the Camaro?"
Salesman: "One million dollars."
Me: "WOW! you're not gonna sell many at that price!"
Salesman: "At that price I only need to sell one."

Exaggeration, but true.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:02 PM   #149
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Me: "How much for the Camaro?"
Salesman: "One million dollars."
Me: "WOW! you're not gonna sell many at that price!"
Salesman: "At that price I only need to sell one."

Exaggeration, but true.
CamaroScotty: "I love the Camaro. I want to sell every one I can order, and give it a good home....as long as I can buy my family a happy meal when the day is done, I'll sleep at night."
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:17 AM   #150
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbineX-2000 View Post
If GM prices the SS at the same level as the Challenger SRT,you will see a lot of potential customers heading to the Ford dealership across town. A high percentage of the sales managers and sales staff at Ford dealerships are going to be saying:"Don't worry about the Camaro being released,when the potential customer takes one look at the price tag on that SS,and balks at the sticker price,they'll come runnin' back to look at,test drive and price Mustang GT's."Hey GM,is this what the hell you want?!We're in a RECESSION right now,in case you haven't noticed.If you want to steal Mustang GT sales,price the Camaro SS in the same ballpark as the Mustang GT. And consumers,do your homework,and don't shop at dealers that GOUGE!GM should be telling this to it's Sales Managers and Sales Staff at Chevrolet dealerships.And another word of advice:If you have an Auto Club or Costco membership,and have an opportunity to buy at "Fleet Pricing",once "Fleet Pricing" on the Camaro lineup becomes available,shop at dealers that offer "Fleet Pricing.".We have to send GM the message...DON'T GOUGE THEIR POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS!!!!
Well.....won't happen here. Anybody that knows any better won't flop over to the blue oval that easy. I wouldn't get a Ford if they were giving them away. Chevys have always been a couple thousand more than a comparable Ford vehicle and I believe they are worth it. And "you get what you pay for". I have no problem paying a couple thousand more because its always been that way. People who switch brands just because "the other one didn't have a passenger cup holder" or "this ones a prettier color" are just clueless.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:38 PM   #151
gagliano7

Drives: gm
I agree but we all have to stick together and not buy over sticker.It just takes one a hole to ruin it for everyone.
gagliano7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:11 PM   #152
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagliano7 View Post
I agree but we all have to stick together and not buy over sticker.It just takes one a hole to ruin it for everyone.
Supply and Demand. There will always be some rich ass "hole"s to ruin it for the rest. But then again it has always been that way, thats why the dealers are going to overprice the first camaros. ( A) not enough supply (B) way to much demand. However until production catches up with demand don't expect the camaros to be sold at MRSP by the dealers, but there is exceptions so good luck .
Caliman93230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:50 PM   #153
DntWrryBeHappy21
Patiently Waiting...

Drives: whatevers in the driveway atm
Send a message via AIM to DntWrryBeHappy21
eh i wont be able to afford too much over msrp even if i wanted (not that i want to) im all for refusing anything more than msrp even $1 more :-)

One day....
DntWrryBeHappy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:05 PM   #154
1stCamaro

Drives: 07 335i cp 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacLac02 View Post
this really pissed me off when i heard about marking up the price of the camaro 20- 25 grand over sticker, first of all this is going to totally mess up gm's plan of continuing to make the camaro if they dont even reach their goal of the 100,000 the first year. just because some prick at the dealership wants to make some more money because they know the camaro is going to be a huge seller. theres no way in hell im paying anything over sticker for this car especially anywhere near 10 grand over. thats just rediculous.

Nissan is charging 30k over MSRP. I'll be surprised if anyone pays 5k over sticker.

PS: Black/Black SS for me
1stCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote