Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #85
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whos_Drivin View Post
I get the "is that the one with the corvette motor?" all the time.

Then there's my neighbor with a GT500 whos been telling others he thinks mine is just a v6. I've been putting around the neighborhood quietly waiting for his garage queen to make an appearance at the same time I'm heading out. Not sure if he's purposely down playing my car or is just that clueless.

Possibly a little of both? It sounds as if he might be a "poser"? True gear heads know what each car is including other makes beyond GM and Ford. Just my opinion.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #86
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1-V View Post
Possibly a little of both? It sounds as if he might be a "poser"? True gear heads know what each car is including other makes beyond GM and Ford. Just my opinion.
True! The key word being "gear heads". Your average guy/gal can't tell or even knows there is a difference, its a Camaro. If they put a four banger in one it will be even more people owning them and even more thinking its all the same car. In the Vette world, makes no difference if its a Stingray, Z06, or the mighty ZR1, everyone knows its special, a beast of a machine, and just looks sporty, to some it looks sexy. And they, the novice car folk, know its powerful and fast. I doubt an owner ever hears "is that a four or six cylinder" under the hood???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #87
Whos_Drivin

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1, '16 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1-V View Post
Normally I couldn't care less about if someone thinks I have a Camry, but if he wants to run his mouth I'm not above making him look like a fool. I have a feeling I know more about his car than he does. I'm just waiting for the right moment.

2016 Silverado LTZ-Z71 Midnight Edition: 6.2L, 8 speed auto, Borla exhaust
Whos_Drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #88
dgerstel

Drives: 2014 Corvette Z51 2013 Camaro ZL1
Let me begin with, I absolutely love my ZL1, it looks great and is an awsome car, BUT now that I have driven my new C7, the ZL1 is going up for sale. The C7 is quieter, rides better, is more comfortable, has a better sound system, has cooled seats, even more controls than the ZL1, plus a few upgrades that are not available on the ZL1, it is just a great car. It is not the car for everyone, but every time the wife and I head out, we both chose the C7 to go in.

Dale
2014 Corvette
Z51, 3LT, Torch red, red interior, Black Wheels, Red Brake calipers, Auto, Mag ride, performance exhaust, Exposed Carbon fiber roof, Carbon Fiber dash, Black mirrors and spoiler
2013 Camaro ZL1 IOM
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:14 PM   #89
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerstel View Post
Let me begin with, I absolutely love my ZL1, it looks great and is an awsome car, BUT now that I have driven my new C7, the ZL1 is going up for sale. The C7 is quieter, rides better, is more comfortable, has a better sound system, has cooled seats, even more controls than the ZL1, plus a few upgrades that are not available on the ZL1, it is just a great car. It is not the car for everyone, but every time the wife and I head out, we both chose the C7 to go in.

Dale
2014 Corvette
Z51, 3LT, Torch red, red interior, Black Wheels, Red Brake calipers, Auto, Mag ride, performance exhaust, Exposed Carbon fiber roof, Carbon Fiber dash, Black mirrors and spoiler
2013 Camaro ZL1 IOM
Great look'n ride. I was reading the top portion while looking at the picture. As I'm reading, simultaneously going on in the back of my mind is; 3LT, T-Red, Adrenaline Red interior, probably Mag & Exhaust, ECF Roof w/Body color matching trim , Carbon Flash hood, but I have to admit I missed the auto, guessed manual. That is one gorgeous sexy sweet ride.

Have you ever tracked the ZL1, and if so do you plan to also track your new Stingray? Love to hear a comparison from somebody who has owned/tracked both.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #90
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
I waited for 3 months to get a build allocation for a C7 from my dealership, then I saw my used ZL1 up for sale. I looked at the bottom line and did a little math and figured I could build an amazing ZL1 for less than the price of my pending C7 as ordered. I heard about the ZL1 run on the ring and figured it would make an acceptable base to build from. I have had a few hiccups along the way and as with building anything....It always costs more than what you planned but I'm fairly certain my ZL1 will outrun that C7 on all but tightest road course and it will whip it in any straight line race. I bought the car to play with at racing venues and I think I have a better racing car dollar for dollar. My resale is crap compared to the C7 but oh well, the smiles when passing EVERYTHING down the back straight are priceless.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #91
Normagene

That's the advantage of a Muscle Car over a Sports Car. Sure you can mod the Stingray, but Muscle Cars are designed with mods in mind. Just pump'em up full of steriods and build the massive monster of your dreams. My hubby loves the new Stingray, and I tell him its the perfect car for Old Fart like him!

Old 12-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #92
ZL1Darkone

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Well, buying a new car, as we all know, is not logical as your value drops the minute you drive it off the lot.
Buying a brand new release compounds this further....
Imagine people paying 65 to 78k + for the new C7 and two years from now you can buy them used for 45k???
We are into supercar ZR1 territory ....no way I would buy a C7 over a Zr1!!

Great car, right now unfortunately, it is a waste of money....

Like the GT500, couldn't find one a year ago for less than 75k...now they are 55k...

Last edited by ZL1Darkone; 12-06-2013 at 06:22 PM.
ZL1Darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #93
JackalopeZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
this is earth shattering news
Old 12-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #94
ZL1Darkone

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerstel View Post

Dale
2014 Corvette
2013 Camaro ZL1 IOM
How much did it cost you? 65 to 75 k? Because if you paid retail for that around mid 50's Ill eat crow ...because your car is bad ass!
ZL1Darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #95
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Call me crazy, but I like the ZL1 better than the C7.
Don't get me wrong, the C7 is an amazing car and will beat a lot of cars on the road, but I just think the ZL1 looks better.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #96
Whos_Drivin

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1, '16 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
Call me crazy, but I like the ZL1 better than the C7.
Don't get me wrong, the C7 is an amazing car and will beat a lot of cars on the road, but I just think the ZL1 looks better.
I'll second that.

2016 Silverado LTZ-Z71 Midnight Edition: 6.2L, 8 speed auto, Borla exhaust
Whos_Drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:02 PM   #97
serviceguy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 # 89, 69 Camaro, 2013 ZL1
I'll third that, I like the styling of the ZL1 better.
serviceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:43 PM   #98
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
Sold my ZL1 and ordered the C7...

Arctic White, 2LT, Auto, Z51, Magnetic Ride, Black Leather, Performance Exhaust, Clear Tinted Roof, Chrome Rims, Stinger Stripe, Navigation

Why? Looks, speed, handling, mileage, better resale, etc.

Why the hate on Vette owners? I've seen more car snobs who own Camaros. Especially those who didn't own the 5th Gen.
Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote