Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-30-2008, 06:23 AM   #57
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
I loved his review of the Prius...

Yeah, they actually bought a Prius and decided it would be better just to shoot it up with a machine gun.. Classic. It's not bulletproof either...lol
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:32 AM   #58
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
The Camaro probably doesn't make sense in the UK - but I bet it can do in continental Europe. The roads where I live are a nightmare in the Monaro (GTO) and I rarely see "big" cars in the city centre (unless they're parked up!).

However, we DO love something a bit different... and in that respect the Camaro will be seen - if extremely rarely - on our roads. The Mustang is a common (for rare things) sight in the UK but never on the back roads (too big, too brash and LHD).

I think I've seen.... ooh, 3 Corvette C6s since release over here. 3. Hardly a winner. :(
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:46 AM   #59
Twin Turbo

Drives: '05 Ford Mustang
Dan, you want to get yourself to Newbury. We've got 3 '05 Mustangs that live within a 1 mile radius!

However, the cost of fuel means mine is a toy and used purely for fun. LHD really isn't the issue I thought it might be and you get used to it very quickly.

It'll be interesting to see how the Camaro is priced in the UK. £35k would mean it sits just below the £40k Corvette, so seems about right.

Problem is, you can get yourself into a brand new Mustang for £25k.....and the spare change will buy you a lot of fuel! Still, at just 300 units, I'm sure the Camaro will be sold out in the UK. OK, the Camaro will be a "technically" superior car to the Mustang, but it's still an old skool muscle car at heart.
Twin Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:32 PM   #60
camarokidz28

Drives: 1996 z28
I just saw Richard Hammond saying that the new camaro will be a good car so I ges that I just had my qustion delt with
camarokidz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:50 PM   #61
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
^^^ yeah and the other two do not like it... but at least we have richard on our side!
linkwpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:54 PM   #62
BitchinCamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
http://videos.camaroz28.com/video/74...e6016125d2.htm
Here it is, pretty funny...
BitchinCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:03 AM   #63
SSideways

Drives: 99 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchinCamaro View Post
Ambitious but rubbish!
SSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:44 AM   #64
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
^I actually think at least Clarkson will love it as well, and I'm pretty damned sure Hammond will.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:48 AM   #65
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember

Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
I hope jeremy Does it. He drives the better cars for a reason. I believe that hes the better driver.

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!

May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
The_Beast_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:10 AM   #66
JaysonAych

Drives: 2002 Dodge Stratus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post
^I actually think at least Clarkson will love it as well, and I'm pretty damned sure Hammond will.
Yeah, Hamster loves his muscle cars. Clarkson I'm sure at least WANTS to like it.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:13 AM   #67
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
At the very least, they will put it up against a Mustang GT of the same price and even perhaps a GT500 which is more and determine that the Camaro's IRS and price makes it the best deal for a sportscar in America at that price range. It will be interesting to see how well it does when the Stig drives it around their track.. I hope Jeremy drives it as well even though Richard would probably give it more praise. Jeremy is just hilarious. THe poking fun at American cars is funny to me, you just can't take it seriously..
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:37 AM   #68
asrapid

Drives: Stratus
I can't believe you guys are paying so much attention to jeremy opinions..i'm from Europe and even I don't car much what he thinks. He is entertainer and it is his job to say funny things.And it is funny to watch but it shouldn't be taken seriously.
I mean he dissed the car before even driving it even though camaro set good time at nuerbergring. He will probably make fun of the car at the show. But who cares what he think. Only fool can judge car before even driving it. And of course not to look like fool car will probably suck at the testing..and if it doesn't ..well it will just proof that he is fool by judging it to early
asrapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:42 AM   #69
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
Now that summer has sprung (the two weeks we'll get anyway), I've seen tons of Mustangs on the road - but one Corvette. I know why - Mustangs are cheap!

I've had 4 LHD cars in the last 10 years and driven many more so I have no problem with the Camaro being LHD at all - and will happily import to save the money (and therefore mod, the car).

I'm in NYC in December so I'm hoping a dealer or two might have some demo/production cars to nose!

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo View Post
Dan, you want to get yourself to Newbury. We've got 3 '05 Mustangs that live within a 1 mile radius!

However, the cost of fuel means mine is a toy and used purely for fun. LHD really isn't the issue I thought it might be and you get used to it very quickly.

It'll be interesting to see how the Camaro is priced in the UK. £35k would mean it sits just below the £40k Corvette, so seems about right.

Problem is, you can get yourself into a brand new Mustang for £25k.....and the spare change will buy you a lot of fuel! Still, at just 300 units, I'm sure the Camaro will be sold out in the UK. OK, the Camaro will be a "technically" superior car to the Mustang, but it's still an old skool muscle car at heart.
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:06 AM   #70
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
Dont know who they are, dont care what they think.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote