Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 12-14-2009, 05:31 PM   #29
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
I just looked it up. Its a 2lt rjt rs, but its an auto. sorry warmart.

PS: MSRP is 30,835, they are asking 29,600.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:35 PM   #30
MikesZ
Group Provocateur

Drives: Long Distances
I will order from one of the dealers on this site. AZ dealers are pathetic crooks.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:18 PM   #31
Warmart

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Auto - Black & IO
Send a message via AIM to Warmart Send a message via MSN to Warmart Send a message via Yahoo to Warmart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
I just looked it up. Its a 2lt rjt rs, but its an auto. sorry warmart.
Well I appreciate you looking. Still pretty far from AZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesZ View Post
I will order from one of the dealers on this site. AZ dealers are pathetic crooks.
Yah pretty apparent now. Since these dealers stay in business my only guess is that there are some seriously uneducated car buyers in AZ.

Have had good (phone only) dealings with Power @ Superstition Springs (never have any stock), and Courtesy (have some coming in but probably not exactly what I want). Seems the guy at Courtesy is at least putting in effort. Hit or miss with Sands, guy doesn't return calls that well. Brown & Brown in Mesa seems ok, low key, but no stock (very small dealer I guess). Henry Brown in Casa Grande just gave me a fair email quote for my car, but they only have SS's in stock. O'Rielly in Tucson has *almost* what I want coming in soon, but it's an Auto. Could I live with that AND pay another $1000 ish? Doubtful even though I drive in crappy traffic, I miss my last two stick cars. Everyone that I haven't listed is out of the running, permanently.

Last edited by Warmart; 12-14-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Warmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:22 AM   #32
Warmart

Send a message via AIM to Warmart Send a message via MSN to Warmart Send a message via Yahoo to Warmart
Well it seems the AZ Attorney Generals office contacted Chapman Chevy in the last couple days.

The General Mgr called me today, seemed rather embarrassed and willing to correct the problem. But the only 6-cyl they have is a 2LT Black Auto (no RS), the original car was a 2LT CGM Stick with RS. They said they would give me GMS pricing (I do qualify and have an auth #). Had a good face to face meeting with the Internet Sales Mgr today. Kind of helped wash away some of the original bs. At least they've tried to make up for the original issue.

Also got an email from Brown & Brown in Mesa earlier today, as they had a buyer back out of a 2LT - so it was available It's a Black with IO interior and AUTO. OMG the IO interior is pretty damn sweet. First time I was able to see it in person. They also would do GMS and USAA. It's more expensive then either the original car OR the one Chapman has now. I had nothing but good vibes from Brown & Brown, they've been around since the 1920's. Guess that's a good thing. Salesman was really low pressure, younger, nice guy.

I told them both I needed to think it over, overnight. Getting out of my current car is proving painful (monthly payment wise). But the numbers actually come out better on the Black with IO. Better financing in Mesa w/Brown & Brown seem to make it the best deal. Really wanted the RJT w/Stick but Midway (only place with one) won't return my calls, low balled me BIG TIME on my trade, won't do GMS, and have a $7000ish markup just for good measure.

Guess I have to go back on wanting only an RJT 2LT RS Manual, 'eh?

Think I'm pulling the trigger on the black w/IO in the AM!!! Downtown Mesa here I come. Unless I get scared before then hehehe.

Last edited by Warmart; 12-19-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:57 AM   #33
az5thgen

Drives: 2010 1LT
Warmart - Take a look at Thorobred Chevrolet in Chandler before you lock in.
Mike Jimenez is their Camaro Guru and they are a great private dealer - Not a big chain like Brown and Brown. We have bought 6 cars from them now, never a nickle over MSRP (Usually less) and NO BS!

Good luck with your deal - come join our Social Group on here - search the Community tab here for Arizona All Gens!

Nick

Just checked Thorobreds website - several in stock, from LS to SS - several color choices and trim choices.
az5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:30 AM   #34
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Warmart, Just don't settle man. If you really want the stick then wait to get one. Or i know you can find one if you search around. Just don't want to see a rjt and wonder should I have waited..... Can the new place order you one in?

However, the black with iom is a great combo and it would be a geat car.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:56 AM   #35
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
..sounds like some of dealers will give you alot for your trade in, only to screw you over w/ the market adjustment ploy as an offset..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:36 AM   #36
Warmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by az5thgen View Post
Warmart - Take a look at Thorobred Chevrolet in Chandler before you lock in.

Good luck with your deal - come join our Social Group on here - search the Community tab here for Arizona All Gens!
I had communications with a Richard (hehe imagine the connotations of the common abbreviation of that) there, and he wouldn't answer all of my questions so I never went in person. Do know they wouldn't do GMS. I will check out the local sub forum, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
Warmart, Just don't settle man. If you really want the stick then wait to get one.
Hehe, I know. But I do commute in rather nasty traffic. So I would probably curse myself everyday going to work.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #37
Warmart

Chapman Chevrolet - Tempe, AZ

Probably my final post in this thread.

Came close to actually buying a 2LT non-RS from Chapman as they ended up being pretty nice in the end. But the original car I wanted had the RS, and so the one I ended up getting (from Brown & Brown in Mesa) has it.

So, if the mods feel like changing the thread subject (or can I do that?), I think it would be warranted. Chapman offered a good deal in the end, not on the exact car, but they at least tried. So I give them credit for that.

Last edited by Warmart; 12-20-2009 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Title change
Old 01-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #38
SS FOR CRUZN
SS CAR, SS TRUCK !!

Drives: 2010 2SS IMPERIAL BLUE METALIC
Funny how the dealers work in Az, had very good luck when I got my 2000 1500 Siverado from Brown & Brown in mesa, they were turds when we were loking for the 2010 Camaro.
My 2006 SS Silverado was bought via Fleet Sales at Chapman, no b.s., however got super jerked around by Power Chevy (Superstition) !!
2010 Camaro was located thru Sands in Glendale, was a good experience, NASCAR's Michael McDowels family members work there, pretty cool group, again in fleet sales.
When my pops got his 09 Vette Freeway Chevy Internet sales blew the rest ofthe dealers away with no b.s. on the Vette.
I guess its hit or miss in AZ.
SS FOR CRUZN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:03 PM   #39
brtaus

Drives: None
Warmart, sorry to hear about your bad luck at Chapman. I bought my Camaro there with no issues. In fact, it was the fourth car I bought from them with no issues. The dealership I had the most trouble with was Midway but that's another story for another day.
brtaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:05 PM   #40
Eski7399
Arizona All Gens

Drives: 2SS/RS, M6, IO-Int
Got mine from Courtesy and they were great.

Got mine 1250 below MSRP. USAA discount (750) and denied the 60 day return for another 500.

2SS/RS, Inferno int, sunroof, rally stripes for just a tad over 36K.
Eski7399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:07 PM   #41
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Ordered mine from Superstition Springs at GM Supplier in July. Very good experience.