Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-21-2008, 06:19 PM   #155
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx002 View Post
I can confirm bluetooth. GM is going all bluetooth with new models, and retro'ing it to current models.

"On the Cadillac CTS, many feel it should be standard considering the market in which it competes. As for the Malibu, many feel it should be an option at the very least, especially on the high trim LTZ model.

When might we see Bluetooth integration make its way into GM vehicles, as an option or standard feature? The answer lies over at the GM FYI Blog. A reader going by the name of Talis asked "Why will GM not equip any car with Bluetooth integration?"

The Coordinator of GM Social Media Communications, Adam Denison took the question to Phil Colley of GM Performance Parts. His answer:

The Cadillac STS is currently equipped with Bluetooth technology, and we (General Motors) will offer the broadest rollout of Bluetooth in the industry by making it available on more than 30 models across all eight North American brands by the 2009 model year. We have already set the industry standard when it comes to in-vehicle safety, security and information services with OnStar, and are poised to be a leader in Bluetooth integration in the very near future.

Source: FYIBlog
There it is. Not putting in bluetooth would just be....like building a new car without an airbag. Sure, it can be done. But it all comes back to the safety issue. If bluetooth makes a DRIVER safer, they'll put it in. It's not like it costs gobillions of dollars to add to a vehicle.

Good job Adam in getting that to Phil.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:38 PM   #156
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
all of that and more.

Scott,

I figure this is an appropriate time to ask about some content that you and the rest of the team may or may not have looked at including......

Have you looked at one touch up and down for both windows and the moonroof?

How about remote control operation of the windows and moonroof from the keyfob remote lock buttons (like what is standard on the Honda Accord, wink wink nudge nudge )?

I don't expect you to tell us straight out right now if the car will be available or not with those features, but could you at least tell us if you have considered them?

And if not, I would imagine both of those features could be engineered into the car last minute before the project is final (with the time remaining).

Thanks.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:31 PM   #157
Sphinx002

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
There it is. Not putting in bluetooth would just be....like building a new car without an airbag. Sure, it can be done. But it all comes back to the safety issue. If bluetooth makes a DRIVER safer, they'll put it in. It's not like it costs gobillions of dollars to add to a vehicle.

Good job Adam in getting that to Phil.
Sure sure thank them, but don't thank Mr. Sphinx for getting that info to you guys...no respect no respect (said in Rodney Dangerfield voice)
Sphinx002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:22 PM   #158
Nickdago

Drives: 01 Z06 08 CTS 07 Avy LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I don't think the V6 is going to be THAT much more fuel-efficient than a V8 to make it a "must have" for me. I see many people who look at a smidgen more MPG as if it's pure gold, when it's not.

If the V6 gets 26MPG and the V8 gets 24MPG then the difference is around 8% difference in mileage. If fuel were $10.00 a gallon and you drove 10,000 miles a year you'd spend $3486.15 on fuel to drive the V6 and $4166.67 to drive the V8 that year. You only save $680.50 to drive the V6. And this is if gas were $10.00 a gallon. If gas stabilizes at $5.00 a gallon, you'd only save $340.25 a year. I'm not made of money, but to have V8 "bragging rights" is worth an extra $25-$30 a month. If it came down to it, I'd skip a trip to the movies (2x $10.00 a ticket and $12.00 for popcorn and soda) each month to have the V8.
I agree. The V6 DI in my wifes CTS does not get as good of mileage as my 01 Zo6 with the LS6. The 255hp V6 we had in the preivious CTS did however get pretty good gas mileage. I would just stick with the LS3 on the Camaro, of course what is a Camaro without a V8. You know what they say "I could of had a V8"
Nickdago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:49 PM   #159
ihc95

Drives: 2018 GT PP1 A10
LUCKYYYYYY!!!!!!!
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:15 PM   #160
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Is that just a jack for the headphone connector and you have to operate the MP3 player manually from it's controls and screen?

I'd rather there was a way to do it from the radio controls (on the steering wheel).

But this would all be moot if the radio could play music from a SD card or thumbdrive.
Yes, you still control it thru the MP3 Player. Which wouldn't bother me at all since I just turn it on and go. I don't tend to skip thru songs.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:56 PM   #161
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkdrum01 View Post
Relax....Don't get your panties in a wad........all he said was that hugger orange was not the 4th color. He never said it wouldn't be available!!! There will be 8-10 colors available at launch.......hugger orange might just be one of them!!!!!!
yeah i know,there will be 8 to 10 color choices .i was being overly dramatic to show how much i want hugger orange,i guess i shoulda put a smiley at the end

and note that i stated i woulda still bought one
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:17 AM   #162
MADMAN

Drives: 75 corvette/mod 400+hp S-10
thanks for the info I love this site and I cant get enough of it. to here the talk changing from the big stuff and now being about color and the incriments of the speedo is proof the time draws near for all of us to stand in unison and chear on an amazing car designed by amazing people as part of an awesome company that still listens to the people and creates a car for the masses that the enthusiests go crazy about. I know there is more buzz around this than ford has ever seen around the mustang or even dodge and the challenger. Go Chevy Go and mine will be a V8 this car is in all my dreams and the dreams will soon be reality
MADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:22 AM   #163
SSideways

Drives: 99 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickdago View Post
what is a Camaro without a V8. You know what they say "I could of had a V8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
There were 4 production intent cars there for us to see - red, black, silver, and a 4th color we were told not to disclose.
Was this the silver like the concept car, or more of a dark grey/slate type of silver?
SSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:30 AM   #164
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
A few things:

I want to throw in my vote of hoping green was the mystery 4th color. Sadly that color is becoming more and more rare. I hope Chevy helps revive it on the new Camaro.

With Aux-in/MP3 compatibility/hard drives, let me say this: MP3 capability is often a misused phrase. Many old CD players are MP3 compatible, meaning they can play CDs with MP3 files on them, but I assume that's not what you mean here. Almost all new cars now come with aux-input jacks that work with pretty much any external music device with a headphone jack. portable CD players, MP3 players of all types, heck you could possibly even hook a tape deck up. You just hook a cord from the device's headphone jack to the aux-input jack on the car, and the car's speakers take the place of the headphones. On the other hand, true integration has to be limited to the ipod. As it is, some companies have a hard enough time making a quality interface with just the ipod. Making a quality interface that worked with many brands would be nearly impossible. I hate Apple products, but I understand why its this way. It doesn't bother me much anymore now that I've become an XM fan. If you have a non-ipod music device, you'll almost certainly have some way to connect it, but you'll have to control it through the device itself, not through the car's controls. As far as hard drives, yes they are definitely guaranteed to break (guaranteed right up there with death and taxes) but if everything is designed right they should be very, very easy to replace. The cost of hard drives constantly goes down, so it will get cheaper and cheaper to replace or upgrade too. It can really be a simple panel that can be unscrewed, a hard drive pulled out, and a new one plugged in.

Bluetooth: I know I'm in the minority here, but if GM really wanted to make cars safe they'd find a way to prevent the driver from talking on the phone at all. I have never in all my years of driving seen someone talk on the phone and drive to the best of their abilities at the same time, and according to recent studies drivers on phones add 10 minutes each way to my commute every day or something like that. I say hang up and drive, but I guess that's just me.

I'm very seriously considering the V6 model. Gas mileage doesn't matter much to me as I plan to live within a few miles of work next year (when my current lease is up) but the lower purchase cost and lower insurance costs combined with the high content and performance are tempting me. It is just the V8 rumble that I love so much and the prestige that comes with the upper level packages that are holding me to the V8 now. Good to know I have options.

Wow, so I'm gone for a week on my honeymoon (more about that in the off topic threads) and I miss a lot. Just my luck.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:33 AM   #165
Dark Eric

Drives: 1998 Pontiac Firebird
V6 sounds like it will be a real pro-former, but is there enough room under the hood to easily add a Supercharger or Turbo to the V6 this time? Nevertheless I'm going V8 all the way this time!
Old 05-22-2008, 01:47 AM   #166
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Bluetooth: I know I'm in the minority here, but if GM really wanted to make cars safe they'd find a way to prevent the driver from talking on the phone at all. I have never in all my years of driving seen someone talk on the phone and drive to the best of their abilities at the same time, and according to recent studies drivers on phones add 10 minutes each way to my commute every day or something like that. I say hang up and drive, but I guess that's just me.
I agree with you on the no talking to people who aren't in the car deal, but GM isnt going to do it unless it becomes a law. Hands free calling is used more than all the other features of onstar combined. If GM were to prevent people from calling while driving, their onstar subscriptions would drop like a rock. And all that completely ignores bluetooth.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:09 PM   #167
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I agree with you on the no talking to people who aren't in the car deal, but GM isnt going to do it unless it becomes a law. Hands free calling is used more than all the other features of onstar combined. If GM were to prevent people from calling while driving, their onstar subscriptions would drop like a rock. And all that completely ignores bluetooth.
And I agree with you there. Of course there is no way GM can stop people from calling in the car, so I'm at least happy they'll make it a touch safer.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:31 PM   #168
Z-Lover

Drives: G6 V6
Smile 4-Colour?

Hi Everyone;

First, post, but long-time lurker.

My bet for the 4th colour is YELLOW. There were spy shots not too long ago of a yellow prototype... that is my bet for the mystery 4th colour.

With the popularity of transformers/bumblebee I would think it is pretty much a no-brainer to offer yellow.

I drove by a chevy dealer today with a yellow vette out front... the colour is no bumblebee, but it does scream "speed"!
Z-Lover is offline   Reply With Quote