Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 04-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #29
Thorr1987
Thorr1987

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Do you know of any experiences with Canadian customers
Thorr1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #30
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
my point is that you might not have had any issues with your other products, but others have. No one product is flawless. I understand your frustration, as I have LEDs out on my sidemarkers as well. But, in asking for everything you buy for your Camaro to be perfect at all times is just a mistake in itself.
FL1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:12 PM   #31
hysonmb

Drives: 2010 2SS / RS
I've been on the fence on buying these side markers for my car due to the price. If I'd pulled the trigger and they failed I'd have shared that experience here as well. If there is a small percentage of them that do have issues, that's acceptable that but if there are a bunch of them we'd never know if people didn't say anything.

For the look, there is nothing I know of out there that comes close so I'm not down on the Oracle set but at least it is now a more educated decision when I do eventually cave. There are some complaints here but maybe AAC can share some numbers so we know how many returns per 100 they're getting and understand what we're getting into.

I agree with both sides of this discussion- no product is perfect but when you drop that kind of money on something you expect it to work or at least have any issues with it resolved quickly. Also, I would be quite irritated by the customer paid return shipping policy. You pay for the product and shipping when you buy it. If the vendor needs to replace that product because of an issue they should eat the shipping cost since it's not the customers' fault. I was ready to battle with Asus for charging me to return a 22" monitor that was under warranty but they replaced it with a better 27" so I let it slide that one time .

Anyway, good luck with the replacements guys. Those are some great looking lights!
hysonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:16 PM   #32
40again

Drives: 2011 LS V6 6spd manual Victory Red
Seriously? Are you high? NO product has ever had NO issues.[/QUOTE]

I've bought plenty of products that have had NO problems. When you buy quality products you CAN expect to not have any problems. Hince the saying you get what you pay for. As 40Again said the good old faithful hammer has never failed.[/QUOTE]
Mel, thanks for that!
40again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #33
40again

[QUOTE=Lydon;3154420]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rage View Post

Looks like "Road Rage" is having BLOG RAGE! Settle down, dude.

I, too, have purchased many items that have not had any issues - way more than have had issues. If there are members on here having issues, they should be able to report them without being chastized by the likes of you. Personally, I want to know if there is a problem with a company or product before I purchase it - it's called a "review" and I take them into consideration when making purchases. Just my $.02.
Karen, thanks for your reply as well! I hope that all know that I am not trying to be a butthead about this, just that RR hit a nerve.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:20 PM   #34
40again

Quote:
my point is that you might not have had any issues with your other products, but others have. No one product is flawless. I understand your frustration, as I have LEDs out on my sidemarkers as well. But, in asking for everything you buy for your Camaro to be perfect at all times is just a mistake in itself.
OK, with that being said what have you done regarding replacement? How many are out and what location?

And asking for everything to be PERFECT IS living in a fairy tail land as you put it. I never asked for that nor will I. Over my lifetime I have purchased many products that let me down from manufacturers one would think would not. Many times I have been disappointed by the customer service process since I believe that a seller should stand behind their product and take every opportunity to ensure that their customers are well taken care of in a time of need.

My goal in this whole process was to bring to light a product deficiency no pun intended. In fact I sent Jonathan at AAC an email asking him to weigh in with some information regarding issues with this product on the thread.

Whether he does or not is his choice although I certainly hope he adds pertainent information regarding customer complaints for the side markers. Overall posts on this thread have been very positive and supportive for AAC.

All well and good but the fact remains that there is an issue with this product that needs to be addressed by AAC.

Here is my YouTube video of the issue:

Old 04-29-2011, 10:25 AM   #35
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

I have three out on driver side rear... you get water in it when you wash it (I do)? They addressed a sealing issue on another thread that i'll try to find after work. (10pm eastern.) I talked to Jonathan about it and as soon as I can I'll have a new one sent out. Said $50 until they get theirs back, once they have the bad one back I'll get my $50 back... doesn't sound that bad to me. But I just haven't had time to send them the $50 for it... prob do that after work as well. Hope you get your situation fixed. Have a good day!

Last edited by FL1CK; 04-29-2011 at 10:26 AM. Reason: To add what's in parenthensis I know I spelled that wrong
Old 04-30-2011, 12:52 AM   #36
40again

Quote:
I have three out on driver side rear... you get water in it when you wash it (I do)? They addressed a sealing issue on another thread that i'll try to find after work. (10pm eastern.) I talked to Jonathan about it and as soon as I can I'll have a new one sent out. Said $50 until they get theirs back, once they have the bad one back I'll get my $50 back... doesn't sound that bad to me. But I just haven't had time to send them the $50 for it... prob do that after work as well. Hope you get your situation fixed. Have a good day!
Regarding water issues, to my knowledge I have had none. Just had the car washed today and all are still working other than the one that I am having my issue with.

Think about this. You now have to remove the marker from the DS rear, again not the easiest thing to do, re-install the new light, hope for the best and pay return shipping for a defective product.

Do you now understand my frustration and why when you pay this much for an item that you should expect it to work (especially having to pay for return shipping?) and for longer than 2 months in my case?

Another thing is that I don't see any response from AAC on this thread as I requested in a personal email to Jonathan. I didn't receive a personal reply email as of this post.

And BTW, Jonathan never even mentioned me paying for a replacement and then returning the defective item for credit. The more that I think about this I don't see a high level of customer service from AAC regardless of what others on the forum say.

I already paid over 280 bucks for these and I refuse to send anymore $$$ to supposedly correct an issue including paying return shipping.

We already paid AAC for our original purchase and they have our payment info. on file. Why wouldn't they just send us a replacement unit and only charge our card if we didn't return the defective unit?
Old 04-30-2011, 08:45 AM   #37
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSuper SSexy View Post
I want to ask anyone if they are having problems with AAC I sent in a replacement side marker a week ago cause the bulbs burnt out. They have sent me emails saying its going to be shipped out soon here it is a week later so. I gave them a call and she tells me that its on back order and it will be another week to two weeks till they get them in. Is anyone else having issues
uh - oh. I am having them replace their crappy p13's and just got an email saying they will ship next week. They've been GREAT with communicating with me. They sent an email saying they got the lights I sent in for replacement, then the email saying they will ship soon.

I guess we'll see at the end of next week if I have the same experience you did.

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:03 PM   #38
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Hopefully you don't Chief... I don't know why some people have great service from them and others don't.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:16 PM   #39
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Seriously? Are you high? NO product has ever had NO issues.[/QUOTE]

I've bought plenty of products that have had NO problems. When you buy quality products you CAN expect to not have any problems. Hince the saying you get what you pay for. As 40Again said the good old faithful hammer has never failed.[/QUOTE]

Who, What...Huh.....did i miss a fight....LOL?! I walked in and almost got hit by a friggin perfect Hammer!!! Laugh people.....its not that serious! I can understand 40Again's frustration....heck i felt the same way when i had a bad P13 from AAC. They made me feel a whole lot better when they gave me the very first Plasma bulbs for free as compensation for my troubles! Again people, in the words of Rodney King..."Can't we all just get along?!"
Old 04-30-2011, 09:36 PM   #40
melody301
NY Football Giants YAY!!!

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
Seriously? Are you high? NO product has ever had NO issues.

Who, What...Huh.....did i miss a fight....LOL?! I walked in and almost got hit by a friggin perfect Hammer!!! Laugh people.....its not that serious! I can understand 40Again's frustration....heck i felt the same way when i had a bad P13 from AAC. They made me feel a whole lot better when they gave me the very first Plasma bulbs for free as compensation for my troubles! Again people, in the words of Rodney King..."Can't we all just get along?!"[/QUOTE]

Uh oh, here goes the trouble maker. lol

Sike naw, what's up Blk-ice, how you been?
Old 05-01-2011, 12:26 AM   #41
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Nah, no fight... we were waiting for you...
Old 08-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #42
DennisModem

Drives: 2014 1LE
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40again View Post
Think about this. You now have to remove the marker from the DS rear, again not the easiest thing to do, re-install the new light, hope for the best and pay return shipping for a defective product.

Do you now understand my frustration and why when you pay this much for an item that you should expect it to work (especially having to pay for return shipping?) and for longer than 2 months in my case?

Another thing is that I don't see any response from AAC on this thread as I requested in a personal email to Jonathan. I didn't receive a personal reply email as of this post.
I'm dealing with this same issue with AAC. I just installed the SMD reverse lights and one of them doesn't work. I found this out after I had already fully re-installed the bumper because I didn't have anyone to start the car for me to check. NOW, I have to remove the bumper and re-install the originals while I PAY to ship them back to AAC and wait for them to ship me new ones, THEN do it all over again. One would think that after spending over $200 with a company, they would have a MUCH BETTER return policy! I'm still going to try to get them to cover the shipping because I don't want to spend any more money dealing with them. If I can't get this resolved, rest assured I'll be contacting the Better Business Bureau and filing a complaint. I definitely don't think I'll be buying from AAC again. Below is the current convo with their customer service:

Quote:
Renee Pretnar: Hello Dennis, I am very sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your oracle purchase. If you click on the following link, it will tell you exactly how to make a warranty claim...http://www.automotivelightstore.com/warrantyfaq.aspx.

Me: Will I be reimbursed for the shipping charges? I shouldn’t have to pay for shipping AGAIN as the product is defective.

Renee Pretnar:
Again I apologize, but the procedure is for you to pay for the items to ship to us and if it tests positive for warranty, we will pay to send the replacement back to you.
Thank you
DennisModem is offline   Reply With Quote