Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #43
SinisSick
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 ss
So, if it doesnt test positive for the warranty ur double focked huh? Jeezus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisModem View Post
I'm dealing with this same issue with AAC. I just installed the SMD reverse lights and one of them doesn't work. I found this out after I had already fully re-installed the bumper because I didn't have anyone to start the car for me to check. NOW, I have to remove the bumper and re-install the originals while I PAY to ship them back to AAC and wait for them to ship me new ones, THEN do it all over again. One would think that after spending over $200 with a company, they would have a MUCH BETTER return policy! I'm still going to try to get them to cover the shipping because I don't want to spend any more money dealing with them. If I can't get this resolved, rest assured I'll be contacting the Better Business Bureau and filing a complaint. I definitely don't think I'll be buying from AAC again. Below is the current convo with their customer service:
SinisSick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #44
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisModem View Post
I'm dealing with this same issue with AAC. I just installed the SMD reverse lights and one of them doesn't work. I found this out after I had already fully re-installed the bumper because I didn't have anyone to start the car for me to check. NOW, I have to remove the bumper and re-install the originals while I PAY to ship them back to AAC and wait for them to ship me new ones, THEN do it all over again. One would think that after spending over $200 with a company, they would have a MUCH BETTER return policy! I'm still going to try to get them to cover the shipping because I don't want to spend any more money dealing with them. If I can't get this resolved, rest assured I'll be contacting the Better Business Bureau and filing a complaint. I definitely don't think I'll be buying from AAC again. Below is the current convo with their customer service:
Consider yourself lucky that you've only spent $200 before figuring out their business practices. I made the mistake of spending over $2k with them before finding out firsthand why there have been so many bad reviews re: product reliability and customer service :(

Edit: I don't mean to sound like im diminishing the seriousness of your situation. Obviously, I feel your pain
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #45
DennisModem

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
Consider yourself lucky that you've only spent $200 before figuring out their business practices. I made the mistake of spending over $2k with them before finding out firsthand why there have been so many bad reviews re: product reliability and customer service :(

Edit: I don't mean to sound like im diminishing the seriousness of your situation. Obviously, I feel your pain

Luckily I was able to fix the lights myself. I removed my bumper (yet again) and ran power to the lights manually. If anyone else out there is thinking about getting them pay attention to this. The pins inside the reverse light connector do not seat correctly into the receptacle on the factory harness. Every time you try to seat the connector, the pins will push out of the back of the connector, thus not giving you power to the lights. There really is nothing securing the pins into the reverse light's connector. I ended up fixing this myself to avoid paying shipping again and to avoid pulling my bumper off again. WHEN THE LIGHTS ARE WORKING PROPERLY they look great. However like I stated before I don't think that I will be buying from them again after this experience with sub-par quality/reliability for the price and the horrible customer service and return policy.
DennisModem is offline   Reply With Quote