Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 02-22-2012, 07:13 PM   #15
ponbigi

Drives: 2011 CAMARO LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
Yes you're faced with a fairly common paradox, latent damages are hard to see/prove without close examination...........and thus the invent of the power of consumer protection laws of the state in which the damages occur. Research and use them as well any other avenue available that will expedite results. Your attorney, as well media outlets like local TV stations who love to air documented claims such as yours. The latter comes at no cost to you. The folks upstairs in the food chain at Wally World hates the negative attention. Put a sign in your back window with a few of those pic's glued to it, and describe in bold letters what happened and when then park the car near the culprits location. Hit them where it counts....Remember that no one will do the fighting for you unless, you make demands or ask for help. Good Luck!
I just got back from the dealership and aftef a long talk they agreed with me that mkre needs to be checked. I might have this wronv but they are now going to drop the pan and look underneath to see if there is any heat damage if they see that then they will go full bore into engine.
ponbigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #16
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
AGAIN... takling your $40K sports car to Wal-Mart for an oil change or anything else us like kissing your sister on the mouth and slipping her the tongue... it might feel good, but it just isn't right.
INTIMIDAT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #17
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
Depends on what your sister looks like.
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #18
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CooG View Post
Depends on what your sister looks like.
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #19
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Those dumb muthu******s! I got tires mounted there years ago and their "expert tire man" was in charge of doing the task. They scuffed 3 out of 4 wheels because meth heads are only experts at one thing, cooking.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #20
ponbigi

23 k sporfs car :p a
ive done oil changes there before without incident
Old 02-26-2012, 11:20 PM   #21
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I wouldn't trust Wal Mart, Jiffy Lube or any other cheap ass oil change place for specifically what happened to you...do it yourself or at least take it to the dealer or a real mechanic...
Old 02-27-2012, 12:37 AM   #22
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
For ALL of you new to Walmart Legal Department habits........ read thru this website real good. Its a real eye opener. Tells you everything about what they do in court and all types of cases from minor to serious.

Let me know how you like it - go thru the site index!!
http://www.wal-martlitigation.com/
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #23
ponbigi

Update... Well engine finally died took in for service..five of the can actuators and sensors showed severe misfiring and once they changed the old oil the car couldn't even idle without dying. Looks like Walmart Insurance will put in a new motor a no used are available. Waiting for final official word.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:56 PM   #24
Vader

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
That's why I change my oil myself. Two years ago, I was getting ready to go Miami and needed my oil changed in my Nissan Frontier. Took it to Wal-Mart to get the oil changed. After going 50 miles down I-95, I started to hear pinging sounds. Went another 10 miles and finally pulled over. The A-Holes didn't tighten my skid plate down and it was hanging loose by one bolt. The pinging I was hearing was the bolts falling out and hitting the under carriage.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #25
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
One word. New Car. Wait thats two...
Yeah first of all lets clear the water, they are handling this well. They have admitted fault (obvious here) and are taking steps to fix their mistake...

BUT, If I took my car in for an oil change and something like that happened, I would not be satisfied with another used set-up. No way.

It seems they want to make this right, and rightfully so because court would eat them alive. I'm not one to take advantage of anothers' mis-hap, but in this case I would be pushing to get my $30k investment fixed or replaced fully. There's no telling what kind of wear your drive systems went through during your trek home. Maybe this sounds anal, but I'm proud of my ride and wouldn't take anything less than 100% regarding it.

and I hope you get everything figured out.

Update us later!
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #26
ponbigi

It will be a brand new motor all being installed and handeled by my dealership. they are looking asst the tranny as well. I have 46k on the current motor so im ok with a brand new one.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #27
ponbigi

Brand new engine going in car today. 4k for engine and 16 hours of labor at 116.00 per hour plus rental total charge to Walmart 7561.00
Old 05-18-2012, 12:47 PM   #28
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponbigi View Post
Brand new engine going in car today. 4k for engine and 16 hours of labor at 116.00 per hour plus rental total charge to Walmart 7561.00
That's an expensive oil change lol

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote