Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-31-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
McSleepyx9

Drives: 2012 SW 1LT
Installing LED fogs

Hey, Well I just got my LED Fog Lights from ACC and I was wondering if anyone had like a video on youtube or something of them installing fog lights to there car? My 1LT already has foggies in them so I just basically need to switch the bulbs, anyone have a instructional video of them doing that? This is my first time doing stuff like this so I dont want to you know...F up. Thanks
McSleepyx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
Asian Zero

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
well all you really need to do is undo your wheel well liner. easiest way i would say is just to turn your wheels to the left and right (depending on what side youre working on) so you can easily access the 3 screws that hold the front part of your wheel liner in. The screws require a Torx bit. i cant recall what size it is at the moment. there are also a couple of push fasteners that you can pop out with a screw driver. you dont need to take the whole liner out just loosen it enough so you can peel it back and see behind your bumper. then just reach in there and unplug the harnesses and take out the old bulbs. should take about 10-15 mins or so
Asian Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:58 PM   #3
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Turn the driver side wheel to the right, take the 3 Torx screws out of each fender well, pull the liner back, and you should see the bulbs. Twist the bulb (they only go one way- I believe it's counterclockwise) to remove. Unhook the connector, and replace with the new LED bulb. Reverse the process to reinstall.

Do the same for the passenger side, but turn the wheel to the left.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:06 PM   #4
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
Turn the driver side wheel to the right, take the 3 Torx screws out of each fender well, pull the liner back, and you should see the bulbs. Twist the bulb (they only go one way- I believe it's counterclockwise) to remove. Unhook the connector, and replace with the new LED bulb. Reverse the process to reinstall.

Do the same for the passenger side, but turn the wheel to the left.
+1
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:19 PM   #5
McSleepyx9

Drives: 2012 SW 1LT
I got it, thanks guys! was easier than I thought haha had trouble removign the first bulb but got the 2nd one quick!
McSleepyx9 is offline   Reply With Quote