Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-24-2015, 01:44 PM   #1
propeople

Drives: 2013 WITHE SS
No trust in phastekperformance.com and JBA HIGH FLOW CATS with pics!

I wrote this review and they delete from the product review,leaving only the 5 star reviews.... how to trust on this ???

My review

((((THE PLACE OF BOLTS came out of place, it came less long than the original, spent more than 300 usd to fix everything out two days rent the elevator car , not recommend to anyone .

I CAME IN CONTACT AND SPOKE TO ME JUST TO RAISE THE HOLES , THAT IN ONE OF 450 USD CATS ? GOOD NOW AT LEAST ALL THIS WORKING DESPITE SPENDING OF UNEXPECTED 300 USD MORE , NO LOGO Camaro5 SAI A REVIEW FOR ALL SHOWING ALL THE EXPERIENCE .))))\

and they hide from the site,could you check is not there!!

All 5 stars

And they product JBA Mid-Pipes w/High-Flow Cats
#1812SYC by JBA
Fits 2010-2015 Camaro SS http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...#ixzz3jl6l4RMl

Look this quality... The holes dont even match.... and the pcs is to small and dont reach the original exhaust

http://i.imgur.com/CGsciCe.jpg
propeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:48 PM   #2
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Are you sure you got the right set? I purchased the JBA's for the SS, and I bought them from Phastekperformance, and they fit good.

What year car you got, that doesn't look like the Cats I removed from my ride.

Also, your pictures are telling, but its really hard to understand anything you're actually saying. Maybe this is why your review was deleted?

Phastekperformance has been nothing but great on my end. There could just be a small communication barrier there between languages. It doesn't look like English is your first language.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:52 PM   #3
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
I've purchased a lot through Phastek over the past several years and they've been nothing but great for me. I echo the communication as being a potential cause of misunderstanding, as I have trouble making out what you're saying in the review you posted.

When things did not match up correctly, did you contact their Customer Service to attempt to resolve the issue(s)? I am positive they would not neglect making things right, or allowing return for refund.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:57 PM   #4
propeople

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Are you sure you got the right set? I purchased the JBA's for the SS, and I bought them from Phastekperformance, and they fit good.

What year car you got, that doesn't look like the Cats I removed from my ride.

Also, your pictures are telling, but its really hard to understand anything you're actually saying. Maybe this is why your review was deleted?

Phastekperformance has been nothing but great on my end. There could just be a small communication barrier there between languages. It doesn't look like English is your first language.
Yes, thay said this :

Zacarias,
We heard back from the manufacturer and check out inventory. We ended up finding that all of our inventory is the same way that you have. We took your pictures and pictures of the kits we have here so we could send it to the manufacturer. They looked into the issue and found that during production they missed a step to complete the kits. They are going to have to get the issue corrected but that will take them some time to get done.

What they suggested to fix your issue quickly is to elongate the holes. Doing that will take about 20 minutes with a die grinder but it will be the fastest way to get your issue fixed. Again we do apologize for the inconvenience please let us know if you have any questions.

Make more 1 pol more large the holes ? realy ? and the small pipe?
and the pipe that was little to reach the orignal exhaust welding ?

This cost more them 300 usd here to fix!

Them they said to me if they will sent another set, i wait for 3 weaks to change the stock, them they say if i have to take back the cats from my car and send to they...

them i go need to take the high flow if i sepend 300 usd to put,them take of and put the originals to wait to came my new cats and do all this agains ??????
Now I felt the nessecidade to show it to others not go through itso now
Old 08-24-2015, 01:59 PM   #5
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Vendor site feed back forum; http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75

Phastek is 5 stars. My personal issues were communicative in nature and ultimately, not their fault.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:03 PM   #6
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
I've had nothing but excellent results with Phastek. They gave you two solutions that you don't seem to want to do and all you want to do is insult them?
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:08 PM   #7
propeople

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaproy View Post
If your review was written like this, I can see why they would delete it. You can hardly make out what you were trying to say.
Shure, i dont speak english very well,but i need to try,because what was to be plug and play turns intro a nightmare.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:14 PM   #8
vgradio

Drives: ZL1 convertible 2013 Silver Ice
I am not happy about phastekperformance as well.

I made an order of about $1000 and one item was never delivered! They claim it was on the check list, but I never received it.

Another item was damaged, due to poor packing, they had to send me another one.

Cost for shiping to Europe is extremly high, and the whole delivery time was prety long.
vgradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:18 PM   #9
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgradio View Post
I am not happy about phastekperformance as well.

I made an order of about $1000 and one item was never delivered! They claim it was on the check list, but I never received it.

Another item was damaged, due to poor packing, they had to send me another one.

Cost for shiping to Europe is extremly high, and the whole delivery time was prety long.
Sounds like a Carrier issue and not a Phastek one, hence shipping insurance. Another 5 stars for them taking care of something not their fault and beyond their control.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:19 PM   #10
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
There could be perhaps some differences between US spec cars and those sold in Brasil. Being so far away also makes it difficult to resolve, and shipping costs and time are frustrating. To me it looks like they welded on the wrong flanges..... things happen.
If you think that is frustrating try owning a vintage Italian car.

Boa Sorte Amigo
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:21 PM   #11
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by propeople View Post
Yes, thay said this :

Zacarias,
We heard back from the manufacturer and check out inventory. We ended up finding that all of our inventory is the same way that you have. We took your pictures and pictures of the kits we have here so we could send it to the manufacturer. They looked into the issue and found that during production they missed a step to complete the kits. They are going to have to get the issue corrected but that will take them some time to get done.

What they suggested to fix your issue quickly is to elongate the holes. Doing that will take about 20 minutes with a die grinder but it will be the fastest way to get your issue fixed. Again we do apologize for the inconvenience please let us know if you have any questions.

All you have to say is:

I bought the product

Phastek figured out it was defective

I decided to keep the defective product instead of returning it

/End of story

You should've returned them. it sucks on JBA's end that they let them go out this way. But you decided to keep them and modify them.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:24 PM   #12
propeople

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
There could be perhaps some differences between US spec cars and those sold in Brasil. Being so far away also makes it difficult to resolve, and shipping costs and time are frustrating. To me it looks like they welded on the wrong flanges..... things happen.
If you think that is frustrating try owning a vintage Italian car.

Boa Sorte Amigo
Are the same imported , dont make this here.....

And cost a lot
Old 08-24-2015, 02:29 PM   #13
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
First of all we do apologize for this happening to anyone. We are always here to help in any way we can. Now as always there are 2 sides to every story. Below is our side and what we had going on.

We were contacted by this customer stating that the pipes did not fit on 7/29/2015 about the issue he was having with the JBA mid pipes.

Our power was out on Friday 8/21 so we did not have a chance to respond until today.

At no point during our email conversation was it stated that you were going to install the kit on the car. We had told you that we were going to ship you a new kit once the fix was done.

As for the review that was left on that product. The review that you left had nothing to do with the product itself, that is why it was taken down.

7/29 - pictures were included in this email
On 7/29/2015 6:02 PM, (customer name) wrote:

Hi, i was making a tutorial with photos for Camaro5 fórum, but i cant finish with errors like these on the pics.

I will need to spend 310 usd to fix this maker errors.

I dont want say any bad on the fórum , but this cost much more them i was plan.

We responded on 7/30 -
On 7/30/2015 9:46 AM, sales@phastekperformance.com wrote:
(We will not say any names),
We are going to get with JBA to find out what the issue is. Once we are updated we will update you as well.

As you can see right off the bat the customer threatened to come on Camaro5 and post about the issue before we were able to take care of him.

After sending some pictures to JBA and letting them know what was going on, they responded with the email below.

7/30 -
On 7/30/2015 10:31 AM, (JBA Rep) wrote:

(Phastek Rep),

Sorry for the issue! I can see what production did not do on the mid-pipe. I have them checking inventory to see if I have any correct mids in stock.

The customer can install that no issue if he took a die grinder and elongated the hole on the flange inward. That is all we do with that flange.

Once I know what we have I will send you an e-mail. If this customer in Brazil wants the mids on his car the method I gave will take no longer than 20 minutes to do and not change anything with the part. J

(JBA Rep)

We then sent that information to you on 7/30 -
On 7/30/2015 11:41 AM, sales@phastekperformance.com wrote:
(customer name),

You then followed up by saying this on 7/30 -
On 7/30/2015 12:33 PM, (customer name) wrote:
Not so simple,with big holes will not centralize correct,and the much i need to drill comes intro the welding and like the photos shows is small the size them the originals, i will need to add 2 inches of pipe to work.

The plug and play is turn intro a nightmare.

On 7/31 we responded to that email -
On 7/31/2015 9:07 AM, sales@phastekperformance.com wrote:
(customer name),
We will get with JBA to see how soon we can get another set shipped to you.

At this point we have been in contact with you through out this whole situation. It is an unfortunate one but as you can see it was a manufacture issue that they were needing to fix.

On the same day , 7/31, we sent you this update -
On 7/31/2015 12:59 PM, sales@phastekperformance.com wrote:
(customer name),
The manufacturer will replace the wrong kit for you but right now they do not have them available. They will take about 1 week to ship the kit. We do apologize for the delay.

JBA told us that they could have some new kits done quickly to take care of our (Phastek's) stock. We had about 20 kits on our shelve that all had the same issue. Once we noticed the issue we disabled the product so that way no one could order it and we would run into this again.

You responded on 7/31 -
On 7/31/2015 2:09 PM, (customer name) wrote:
No problem,thx

At this point JBA did take longer then they were suppose to. Instead of the 1 week it turned into 2-3 weeks. Much longer then the initial 1 week that we were told by our JBA rep.

On 8/15 you emailed asking about the new kit -
On 8/15/2015 12:49 AM, (customer name) wrote:
Hi, are your fine?

Have you ship the kit?

Thx, regardes

We responded on 8/18 -
On 8/18/2015 10:48 AM, sales@phastekperformance.com wrote:
(customer name),
We will get with our shipping department about the issue.

We were suppose to have our stock refilled with the correct product but at this point JBA had not delivered the correct stock.

On 8/20 you emailed asking about the new kit since we had not gotten an answer from JBA.

On 8/20/2015 1:45 PM, (customer name) wrote:
Hi,any enser from shipping department ?

Our response on 8/20 -
On 8/20/2015 2:04 PM, sales@phastekperformance.com wrote:
(customer name),
Our shipping department has informed us that we still do not have our stock order to reship you the new kit. They are saying that we should have the new kits soon. We do apologize for the delay.

Your response 8/21 -
On 8/20/2015 2:27 PM, (customer name) wrote:
Ok, no problem,thx

On 8/21 we were told that our stock order was on its way and that we could then get you taken care of. The only thing was that since we shipped this kit to Brazil we were not able to supply a return label, but we were more then happy to refund the shipping cost as long as we got a receipt showing what is cost you to send it back.

On 8/21/2015 11:00 AM, sales@phastekperformance.com wrote:
(customer name),
Our shipping department has informed us that they will be shipping you a new kit on Tuesday. They would have sent you a return label for the defective product but we are not able to give shipping labels outside of the US. We ask that you send the defective product back and let us know what you paid for shipping so we can reimburse you the cost. Please update us with a tracking number as well so we can track the package.

After that email you responded on 8/21 -
On 8/21/2015 12:23 PM, (customer name) wrote:
The exhaust is in my car, read the olds email, i spent 300 usd to fix and put in my car,was tell to you on the other emails.

Them you tell me if you will send me another cats. Oh nice,will be help me recovery my loss.

Now you want if im take of the cats put my old cats find a box to put all and send to you ? and whem back take off again the original and put the new???? thats is a joke??

We responded on 8/21 -
On 8/21/2015 1:25 PM, sales@phastekperformance.com wrote:
(customer name),
What part of the emails did you say that you installed the kit on your car? We looked through all the emails past and can not find where you stated such things. In multiple emailed you asked if we shipped a new kit and each time we told you that we were waiting for the stock to come in so we could send you a new kit. At no time did you inform us that you were going to have the kit installed. When we made the suggestion you did not want to do that claiming that it was going to cost you too much and not be very simple.

We told you that we would be sending you a new kit once we got our stock fixed with the issue. We even informed you that JBA suggested that you have the kit fixed because that was going to be faster then getting a new kit. You declined saying that it would be to much to do and that you were willing to wait for a new kit.

Since the kit has been installed we can no longer take it back since it is considered used now. If the kit was unused we would be more then happy to take the kit back and pay for the shipping for you.

On 8/21 you responded -
On 8/21/2015 1:39 PM, (customer name) wrote:
Look the emails again, look the photos at the car shop.....it was done in the car at the moment if you tell to me if will send another...

I write a review at the cats on your page telling how hard was to put,them it was erased and i recive a email from you telling if you will send another.
Them you tell me if was taking some time to ship ok....
Now weeks later you tell to take of from my car and ship to you ?
Or you think that i will keep my car until now there at the shop waiting for the cats ?

I will finish the review post again on you page and will post at camaro5 to show how bad was my support and the quality of the cats.

Last edited by Sales@Phastek; 08-24-2015 at 03:12 PM.
Sales@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:07 PM   #14
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
I've only had one bad experience with Phastek and that was returning an item and getting a refund which took longer than expected, but it all was fine at the end. I buy almost all my car parts from them if they have it!
Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold