Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 07:36 PM   #1
Floppydisk

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Horrible experience with Phastek and RK Sport

I bought a Seibon TSII hood and RK Sport Z06 fenders from Phastek. When I got the hood it had ripples down each side of the cowl. I dealt with Seibon directly with the exchange, which they handled wonderfully. They won a few thousand more dollars of business from me for having parts that actually fit, and a wonderful staff.

When the fenders got delivered the owner of the body shop told me how bad the quality was, and that they probably would need a lot of work to look right. I was ok with that because I like the looks of them. A few days later I go to check on the progress, because I'm doing a lot of work on my car, and they've got one fender on and messing with the other. I remember seeing the guy putting them on shaking his head in disappointment. This is what they looked like.

Name:  20150908_154059.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  118.8 KB
Name:  20150908_154118.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  86.4 KB
Name:  20150908_154126.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  92.6 KB
Name:  20150908_154145.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  39.1 KB
Name:  20150908_154152.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  48.4 KB
Name:  20150908_154224.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  60.0 KB

If you need help I've outlined a few spots.

Name:  fenders1.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  95.2 KB
Name:  fenders3.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  44.7 KB
Name:  fenders4.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  77.0 KB
Name:  fenders5.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  35.8 KB

After seeing how bad they fit they told me it was going to be a huge job getting them to fit. They would have to cut them down and all that, which would have costed around 500. I decide instead of dealing with that to buy Seibon fenders; since it would work out to around the same amount of money with the bonus of having good quality.

So I start the return process with Phastek which went ok at first. Then a week or so goes by without hearing from them; so my body shop emails Phastek. They reply that they have been too busy with SEMA to work on getting me my money, and that they are sorry. They also said that RK Sport told them that nothing is wrong with the fenders. A week later when I get back to the US from a week away I get in contact with Phastek, and they say I have to pay a restocking fee since there's nothing wrong with the fenders. I obviously disagree, and long story short there we send a few emails, and they end up not charging the restocking fee, but I do have to pay the $96 shipping for the return. At that point I'm tired of emailing so I call Phastek who pretty much say they're useless to do anything for me and that I need to contact RK Sport. I contact them and talked to Caesar who was very polite, and told me that they didn't actually fit them on a Camaro, but instead put them on the mold and go off that. I complain that I actually have pictures showing that they absolutely don't fit on the car. The conversation ends that he will get with Frank and they will look at the pictures and get back to me.

The next day (today) I still hadn't heard from them; so I call them. I get Frank today, who was incredibly rude to me saying to call Phastek, and refusing to talk to me. I call Phastek who say again how useless they are to help, and since RK Sport is charging them they have to charge me. So I get to eat the shipping cost on the fenders that don't fit. Very disappointed in Phastek who have a good reputation around here. I absolutely will never buy anything from Phastek or RK Sport again, which is a shame for them since I've got a lot left I'll be doing to my car.

Just another little thing is that we didn't even have to worry about aligning the fenders to the front bumper or the side skirts, which would have created no telling how many problems. Also the Seibon hood, trunk lid, and fenders all bolted on perfect.

TL;DR
Phastek and RK Sport charged me to return defective fenders. So if you order from these companies you better cross your fingers your stuff is right.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:44 PM   #2
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
That sucks... I'll keep this in mind for future reference. Nothing worse than poor customer service. Who could argue the piss poor fitment of those fenders?
Old 10-20-2015, 08:15 PM   #3
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
U pay by a CC or PayPal? File a dispute or chargeback. Phastek should compensate you regardless and go back to RK to reimburse them. Best of luck I'm not dealing with middle men anymore too much of a hassle.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:17 PM   #4
Floppydisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
That sucks... I'll keep this in mind for future reference. Nothing worse than poor customer service. Who could argue the piss poor fitment of those fenders?
That's what me and everyone else I've showed these pictures to can't figure out.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:25 PM   #5
Floppydisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYouOne View Post
U pay by a CC or PayPal? File a dispute or chargeback. Phastek should compensate you regardless and go back to RK to reimburse them. Best of luck I'm not dealing with middle men anymore too much of a hassle.
I paid with a CC. That's a good idea, I'll definitely be looking into that tomorrow. Thanks, I couldn't agree more.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:51 PM   #6
GetYouOne

Maybe give Phastek the benefit of the doubt to see if they can come through if not issue the chargeback because the last thing a business wants to deal with is a CC chargeback.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:47 PM   #7
Floppydisk

I was also told in an email from RK Sport that they did a "thorough test fit" even though they told me on the phone all they do is put it in the mold. Seems to me a thorough test would require a test fit on an actual car.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:39 AM   #8
GetYouOne

No denying the pics speak for themselves terrible fitment. Hopefully it can all get resolved. Best of luck OP.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:57 PM   #9
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
From the looks of it, Phasetek owes you for the shipping both ways.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:45 PM   #10
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Damn, best of luck op.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:51 AM   #11
Floppydisk

Thanks guys. I've contacted phastek to take a look here so we'll see if anything happens. When I told them I would be putting my story here, they said they would defend their position. Although I don't see how they could, I'm not holding my breath for any resolution.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:04 PM   #12
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
To start I would just like every one to know that Blake (Floppydisk), the person that started this post, is NOT our customer. The Body Shop that is working on his car is our customer and we have talked to them about the issue. Although we should only be dealing with the body shop, since they were the purchasing customer, we were more then happy to talk to Blake about the issue.

The RK Sport fenders are made out of fiberglass. Since they are made from Fiberglass RK Sport does states that it will require some work to get them perfect. Some sanding and adjusting is required when replacing the fenders. RK Sport sends out paper work stating this information when they ship all orders, they also stamp information on the box that the kits ship in stating to test fit before painting.

Now here there are some things that are being left out about the whole situation and in the timeline below it will have that information.

8/11/2015 Tuesday - Fenders shipped to Body Shop

9/8/2015 Tuesday - Body Shop contacted us about fenders not fitting. We asked for pictures of the issue so we could send them to RK Sport and let them know of the issue.

9/10/2015 Thursday - We got the pictures from the Body Shop but they were not very clear. It was at that point that we asked for better pictures so we could get them to RK Sport.

9/11/2015 Friday - We got better pictures and sent them over to RK Sport for review.

At this time it did take RK Sport a few days to get back with us and let us know what they were going to do.

9/14/2015 Monday - Late in the day RK Sport supplied a return label for the fenders and we forwarded that label to the Body Shop to have the fenders pick up and sent back for inspection. Once RK Sport got the fenders back they will be test fitted to verify the issue.

The Body Shop was informed that if the fenders did fit there would be a charged if RK Sport did not find an issue with them fitting. We can not control if they did not forward that information to their customer, that is out of our hands.

9/21/2015 Monday - The fenders were picked up from the Body Shop and were finally on their way back to RK Sport. After they had the shipping label for over 1 week.

10/1/2015 Thursday - The Body Shop emailed asking about the return status. We then contacted RK Sport to find out what the status was. It had only been about 1 week since the items were picked up, shipping those fenders can take about 5 business days.

10/9/2015 Firday - We contacted RK Sport to find out what was going on with the return. It was on this same day that RK Sport told us that they were busy getting things ready for SEMA and did not have an excuse for not getting back with us. Below is the response from RK Sport.

1. We did a thurouh test fitment on the fenders and bottom line they fit just fine.
2. These fenders just need to be moved around and adjusted on the car and “played with” a little to get them to fit up correctly.
3. Also as I had said the shop didn’t send back the $50.00 worth of GM inserts so please advise as to what they want to do from here?

When the fenders were inspected by RK Sport, they found that the emblems they send with the kits were not shipped back. At that point we emailed the Body Shop and informed them that the emblems were missing and there would be a charge of $50 for them.

10/9/2015 Friday - We forward RK Sports Response to the Body Shop to inform them on what RK Sport found, that the fenders fit and about the missing emblems.

10/10/2015 Saturday - We got an email back from the Body Shop saying "THANKS!", at this point we are unsure what the Body Shop would like done since they were the purchasing customer.

10/17/2015 Saturday - We got a very nasty forwarded email from Blake (Floppydisk) stating he did not care what RK Sport said and that he had already replaced the fenders. And that he would just like a full refund. It was at this time that we realized that Floppydisk was Blake, the Body Shops customer NOT our customer.

Now the Body Shop was informed that if the fenders fit there would be the charge, see 9/14/2015.

10/19/2015 Monday - I personally called the body shop to talk to them about the issue. From what I got after talking to them they did not want to take the time to adjust and fit the fenders. They simply put the fenders on and said that they did not fit.

10/19/2015 Monday - We responded to Blake's email informing him about the $50 emblems that were missing and that we would get with RK Sport about the refund to see what we could do.

We were able to get RK Sport to waive their 15% restocking fee but they were going to charge the $95.96 for the label that was provided to the Body Shop to send the fenders back for inspection. Blake was emailed to inform him of the charge that was going to happen.

10/19/2015 Monday- We got an email from RK Sport stating they talked to Blake and that he was being very rude and argumentative with them. We dont like to get into those situation because they do not solve anything for anybody. RK Sport requested that Blake no longer call them about the issue.

Per our Phone conversation with RK Sport to see if we could remedy the situation. RK Sport refused because Blake called them being extremely rude, and threatening them with going on social media.

10/19/2015 Monday - It was at this time that Blake called us because he did not want to communicate via email any more. I told him that the charge is what RK Sport is going to charge since they say the fenders fit. I was able to get RK Sport to drop their 15% restocking fee but since the fenders fit and the emblems were missing there was going to be a charge of $145.96 which was for the return shipping and the emblems that Blake kept.

10/20/2015 Tuesday - Blake called Cussing and Extremely rude over the phone and did not want to talk to me about anything. He demanded his money back and threatened us about going to social media. Before I was able to just talk to him about the situation to make sure that we were both on the same page, he immediately threatened me with coming on Camaro5 and going to social media, then as I was explaining the situation he then hung up on me. When that happens we already know that a post is going to be made, and sure enough, Blake, has gone to our FB page, and RK Sports FB page and posted bad reviews about us. Although we were able to get a return shipping label from RK Sport to have the fenders tested and have RK Sport waive the 15% restocking fee.

Tuesday, 10/20/2015. A refund has been issued to the Body Shop since they were the paying customer NOT Blake.

Wednesday evening, 10/21/2015. We get an email from Blake, harassing and taunting us about the post.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Camaro 5
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 21:42:50 -0500
To: Support <support@phastekperformance.com>

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427013

Feel free to defend your position, but good luck.

Today, 10/22/2015. We get a private message from Blake, again harassing and taunting us about the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppydisk
Mind taking a look at my thread, and explaining phasteks position? I can't get anywhere over the phone or through email, but all the forum members that have replied can't understand phasteks position.
Thanks

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427013
Thank you,
Ricardo

Last edited by Sales@Phastek; 10-22-2015 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:18 PM   #13
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
^
Boom.
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
Old 10-22-2015, 01:13 PM   #14
splashlog48

Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
There it is !!!
I knew there was more to the story than what was originally posted

Closed Thread