Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 03-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #43
b737swaca

Drives: 2010 SSRS
What are you going to do about the holes? I bought my car from a dealer in TX, my state does not require a plate on the front. I started to take it off and realized it was riveted on also, so I left it thinking it would look worse without it. I would really like to remove it.
b737swaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:07 PM   #44
Sidewinder

Drives: 2SS/RJT/A6/Received 09/09/09
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexice1421 View Post

I asked the general sales manager to not have the front license plate put on when i was ordering my car!! So when the car was coming in they were not suppose to put the plate on.

So when I went to see the car it had the front license plate on the car. He then proceeded to tell me that its mounted in from the bottom part of the bumper in the grille and that the holes will not be on the bumper, if i wanted to remove the plate.

So in believing him, I said ok, since i can take it on and off with out any damage to the front bumper then it might as well stay on for now.

So earlier today I start taking off my plate to see if there really are any holes on the bumper....and there were 4 rivets!!!!:mad 0260:

WTF...y would lie bout that, soooo it turns out the dealership had completely lied to me. I don't know what to do, I'm definitely calling them tomorrow and request to talk to the general manager. I dunno if I could contact GM if I have any rights in this matter, because I bought the car its not like I could take it back !?!?!

I'm just venting...I wanted to put this up so we could put Schumacher Chevrolet in Little Falls, NJ on the dealerships to stay away from list!

*MODERATOR EDIT*

OK, so i talked with them [March 2nd] about the whole situation...and they are willing to do everything they can to fix the error that occurred on the car.

Unfortunately after having a nice discussion with my father...even tho i'm older he still gives out some good advise lol...he told me that i shouldn't do anything about it, that i might jinx myslef and ill start getting massive tickets lol

basically don't tempt faith...its on there for a reason and just let it stay on there. Instead schumacher chevy offered me my first service for free...so i willingly take back anything negative I said about them...and it shows that are a reputable Chevy dealer and are giving GM a good name
Bought my first car from this dealer in 1964, Used 1956 Chevy 2DR, 6 Cyl, Powerglide, $200.
Lived in Little Falls for 12 years.
Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote