Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 05-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #1
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
Pedders and Rob@expert tire

Mods;
I have been trying to resolve this problem since last year. Some through the forum some outside without success. All that will be posted in here by me are FACTS.

Advise; If you go with pedders make sure you have a solid installer do the job and a shop manager/owner that will stand behind what he or she does. Attention to the warranty about authorized pedders installer keeping warranty valid. Also be aware that you may or may not get complete support from Pete and or Mike.
More on this to come shortly.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:42 AM   #2
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

This problem started when I was number one on robs list to have the xa street extreme kit installed. rob ended up having a pedders day and rounding up enough parts to install the kit on a car. (not mine) I was offered the install but due to a previous commitment I was unable to make it I got jobbed. The only thing that was installed on my car last year before winter set in was the xa's. When they were installed the bushings were not retimed which amplified the problem to a point of unbelievable unsafe and dangerous. After the job was supposed to be corrected,it improved the condition but did not resolve. During the winter pete offered free radius rod bushings installed at the time I had the rest of the kit installed. Now that the car is back out on the road,pete ignores my lines of communication,Mike doesn't know what to say and rob is waiting for pete to reply to him. Indifference.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:45 AM   #3
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

I know there are many pedders xa systems out on the street operating just fine. That is why this bothers me more over. I would think pedders would want to know why I'm having this problem,yet nobody has even been interested in a test drive let alone suggestions or appointments to move forward. And I'm left with an inferior dangerous set up. What warranty?
Old 05-12-2010, 09:45 AM   #4
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

What would you do?
Old 05-12-2010, 09:48 AM   #5
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Dig in,saddle up and get ready for the ugliness that follows legal actions and spreading the word of actions. I just want out at this point. I'd rather pull out my nails or teeth with pliers then revisit this road.
Any help from the pedders camp or is this where we go?
Old 05-12-2010, 10:10 AM   #6
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Subscribed
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:16 AM   #7
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Subscribed.
Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:11 PM   #8
seddon

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I have called Mike several times and he answers my call. Maybe you have a bad set. Where ever you bought it from should honor them and reinstall a new set or at least recondition them. I don't know what the exact problem you are having with the coils so I can't comment on that. But I can say so far the customer service I got from Bruce "raymo1" and Mike "dms" have been great.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #9
seddon

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Maybe a little bit more info on your problem would help others to chime in or even think twice about buying pedder. But as what I read I think you might just unhappy with your purchase from a personal perference.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #10
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
There are always at least two sides to a story.
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:52 PM   #11
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

As indicated in my second post,the bushings were not retimed after the installation of the XA's.
The result caused the built up tension in the bushings to amplify upon release of compression. Rebound cycle of bound. So much so that hitting a 3-4" road up heave at speed caused my head to hit the roof of my car with such force as to potentially render one with a smaller neck then myself quite injured. The car would actually come so close to getting air under the tires that when it settled back down there was an audible bark from the tires. Not to mention the car wanting to jump off center. One without professional schooling/experience would have an accident no doubt.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:12 PM   #12
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

A note from the installer,with support from pedders, is to replace the rear control arm bushings. And replace the springs to a softer spring.
Please tell me if I'm wrong,you should NOT have to REPLACE other parts to correct the ones that are not functioning per facto?
Old 05-12-2010, 05:20 PM   #13
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Remember none of these people have even been in the car to verify the problem. Although I think at this point that makes no difference though it should. A hard stand is being made that there is no problem with the struts or springs. (though I doubt the springs are the problem) however possible.
And while it is said I said there was no problem after the bushings were retimed last fall,my exact words were it was like night and day to before. Also stating that it still existed to a much lesser of a degree.
Again I will repeat that I understand there are several of these on cars without any issues working well as they should. Great. My expectations were/are to have them on my car too. I paid for that.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #14
ElManny

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
mike answered you in the other pedder thread in suspensions
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote