Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-16-2009, 11:52 PM   #15
ThisChicksGotAYellow2SS

Drives: Yellow 2SS, '06 Evo IX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Well, I test drove it at 2:25 PM today, It’s been close to nine hours and I’m still smiling!!!!!!
... 5 weeks and counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang_Killer View Post
Great write-up and I'm glad you were finally able to take one for a drive and realize for yourself what so many of us have experienced and conveyed. I get comments about how beefy the rear looks but never in a negative tone. I've had mine for 6 weeks now and I still have that grin when I think of how lucky I am to own this beautiful car. I'm not disappointed at all in the design (interior or exterior) handling, power or comfort. Once again, congrats on your "moment of clarity".

The next person who assumes that my car belongs to my boyfriend/husband is gonna be on the receiving end of some hot hell! I'm a girl dammit, not a preschooler!

Can someone tell me why so many Domestic owners hate Imports? Esp Japanese?
ThisChicksGotAYellow2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:59 PM   #16
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Great write up, the perma grin thing is definitly true. The first time you lay eyes on the Camaro, first time you sit in one, heck the first time you drive one (Oct 16th ) you finally understand what perma grin is.
Love the car, love my casr, but also cant wait to get the SS when im older
Great write up, really captures how it feels like to be in the Camaro
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:59 PM   #17
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
PS we need a word smiley with the perma face as apposed to the meh face
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:07 AM   #18
Cryptos

Drives: 1989 Honda CRX Si
Beautifully put.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:12 AM   #19
islandwiz

Drives: Soon to be 2LT rally yellow
Awesome write up, now I really can't wait!
islandwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:14 AM   #20
twr0912

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2ss
I've had mine since june 18...waited 7 months 14 days for it! I agree with you 100%. The car is perfect in my eyes and that's all that matters. I don't get on here much anymore because of all the negative comments being made about the 5th gens. Nice to know someone out there is as passionate about the car as myself.
twr0912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:22 AM   #21
redknight

Drives: pos
Wow nice write up! Having had the pleasure to drive an SS myself I must warn you that the smile might take a week or two to go away. This car really is the complete package and those who bitch about it have never driven it (at least not with an open mind). I would also like to back you up on your visibility claims. With the mirrors properly adjusted there are ZERO blind spots.
redknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:29 AM   #22
MRK III Z28
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 1968 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to MRK III Z28
Awesome!

I still love the Camaro
MRK III Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:41 AM   #23
Epitaph
Custom User Title

Drives: Fast
That is one of the best write-ups I have seen. I can't wait til I can SIT in one.

I was with my wife today & saw a Camaro. My reaction was ooh-ooh-ooh! (Like a caveman). She started laughing her ass off. This is probably the 10th Camaro I have seen and I am still acting like this? I wouldn't doubt it if I went Ape **** when I drive one of these bad boys.
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:47 AM   #24
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Great write-up. This is truly one of those cars that pictures simply do not and I don't think they can, do it justice. As I was washing mine earlier this evening I was once again struck by the dimensionality of the body. I was not washing a car; I was washing a sculpture. You can feel it as your hand moves over the various areas of the car, from the front to the back... this is not just stamped out sheet metal, this is like a Michelangelo sculpture. It has life; it has depth; it has dimension and amazingly it feels like one piece even though you know it's made up of many pieces.

This car is something that very few cars are...it's actually beautiful. For the many months I was waiting for mine to be built, I was drawing all these ideas for stripes and planning all these exterior mods I was going to do, but I've had my car 3 weeks now and I haven't done a thing to the outside yet....except wash and wax it. I find myself reluctant to change it's appearance although I definitely want the heritage grill. The IBM blue is so much more beautiful than I was expecting; it has so much more depth and beauty that I find myself reluctant to do anything to it.

What a car. What a joy to drive. I did get the Zoomer's exhaust and after a week and a half it's smoothed out and sounds so glorious it's like music. Sometimes I just cruise down the street in 3rd gear listening to the engine purr. I know I'm not getting the best gas mileage doing that and I should shift into 4th but I don't care; the sound is so good I just love it.

I've owned many many cars over the years and some really nice ones. But this car is by far the best. There's something about it that makes it more than a car; something indefinable. So glad I bought one, and in Imperial Blue Metallic.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:52 AM   #25
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Great review...very articulate...

I think you should submit your review to Hylton for his thank-you book that he is making for the Oshawa employees for the Camaro5 party Oct 2nd...

NOW YOU KNOW WHAT WE ARE ALL TALKIN' 'BOUT!!!!...

You are describing the experience EXACTLY as the majority of the ecstatic, elated, joyful, luckiest people on the planet, Camaro owners have been telling everyone for months now...

PERMAGRIN, HERE IT COMES

I've had my ROCKETSHIP for 4 months already, and I think I have "permanent PERMAGRIN"...people "hear me smiling" on the phone, and I probably smile in my sleep too...

Glad you "got it"...it is almost impossible to tell anyone that has not driven this car what the experience is like...

YOU "HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD" WITH THE PERFECT REVIEW!!!...

You need to share this write-up with the Fbodfather
He "lives for" stories like yours...that's how I met him...he was so touched by my many enthusiastic posts about this car and now you know too...
Old 09-17-2009, 12:54 AM   #26
WySilverado

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Camaro M6 Synergy Green
I agree,after My Wife and I test drove one last week I was very impressed,having raced cars for ten years in the 90's the SS gave me that feeling of being part of the car,not just driving it! I had fears of it feeling large or bulky........... no fear now.My Dad has a 99 T/A he loves and is very bias towards the 4th gen and he came away from test driving the car all smiles,that impressed me the most!
WySilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:54 AM   #27
Stevo

Drives: Camaro 2010 SIM
Quote:
As a side note, did you know that the hood of the Camaro dips down a little bit on either side of the cowl, and then comes back up to meet the fenders? It’s one of those subtle things that make the design genius…check it out next time you get a chance, it’s a really cool view out of the front.
Nice observation. I think about this design feature everytime I drive it ...kinda like my old 66 Mustang's hood...only better ...probably because of with the power dome hood.
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:59 AM   #28
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
Well the bottom line is did you like it enough to put your money where your mouth is and buy one!!!! LOL
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote