Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 10-23-2014, 10:27 PM   #29
SICKZX6R
Evil Smurf

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
would be interested in casual meets.. im by west miami area..
Old 10-24-2014, 04:32 PM   #30
Sps

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS2/RS 1LE Rally Yellow
Would like to thank all, for everybody's interest and input. So far we seem to have some interest.(post only been up a couple of days) fellow C5 member is working on a Facebook group page will post link once it's up
Here are some of my thoughts
Casual low key group of Camaro owners, all generations welcome
Also I'm not against other makes and models of muscle cars, would rather promote inclusion rather than exclusion....TBH I love anything big,load and fast.
I would prefer to do this as a group, not a dedicated club as such. Just casual meet ups, and events.
I understand that some like just car shows, some are into the drag strip scene and AutoX.. I think we should try to cater for all
Maybe organize a Dyno day, detailing workshop, cruise down to the keys or somewhere like that. Family barbecue. Rambling now Lol
Welcome any kind of feedback.
Sps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 05:33 PM   #31
rickr9504

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1 LE
Definitely interested. I'd like to meet with people who share the same interest in cars locally. I think we have more than enough 5 gen running around in Miami.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:35 PM   #32
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickr9504 View Post
Definitely interested. I'd like to meet with people who share the same interest in cars locally. I think we have more than enough 5 gen running around in Miami.
Miami is a different demographic compared to most other places. That's why you see clubs come and go down here.

Miami = fast paced, always changing.

Camaro owners in Miami (the majority of them, at least) = fast paced, always changing.

We're catering to a fickle demographic. That's why being as casual about this as possible is key, otherwise whoever is putting the most work into it is in for some REAL disappointment. Take it from me, lol.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:21 PM   #33
Sps

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickr9504 View Post
Thanks for the interest Rick, I met you at homestead speedway last year I think.. Anyways myself and a couple of others r working on trying to get something started, any input or suggestions are welcome
Old 10-24-2014, 07:52 PM   #34
umiami2312

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE Blue Ray Metallic
I'm in Aventura and I'd love to have some other people to ride up to PBIR for test and tune nights with or to just meet up with some other C5 members.
umiami2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:45 PM   #35
fif_gen_powa

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Turbo
I'd be in for anything, meets, cruises, track days, bbq, whatever. PBIR test and tune is pretty much every wed and fri 6-11 only $20 and the weather is getting nice!
fif_gen_powa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:12 PM   #36
Sps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubzzz44 View Post
I'd be in for anything, meets, cruises, track days, bbq, whatever. PBIR test and tune is pretty much every wed and fri 6-11 only $20 and the weather is getting nice!
Ok sounds great, thanks for your interest. We r in the process of arranging a casual get together, for all those interested, will have info by the weekend.
I see you had work done by Lashway, there a great company did a bunch of my work..
Old 10-24-2014, 09:50 PM   #37
ORLYHPD
C.O.T.W. 10-27-2014

Drives: 2017 zl1
there is a cruisn south florida car show in green acres tomorrow if any of u guys r going up pm me, starts at 2. weather permitting ill be out there. list of shows happening soon locally. (crusinsouthflorida.com).
ORLYHPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:27 AM   #38
Crayzme

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Convertible
I'm in broward and have been looking for a club old or new even if not exclusive to camaro and can't find crap. I'm new to this muscle car scene and I am looking to make some new friends to teach me a thing or two about my midlife crisis I mean new hobby. I live on the Tamarac / Sunrise line by Sawgrass which is very close to two weekly car meets Fridays at the formerly Tower Shops show that is now at Ruby Tuesdays off 595 and Hiatus and Sundays at Tijuana Taxi in Coral Springs.
Crayzme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:32 AM   #39
Crayzme

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sps View Post
Would like to thank all, for everybody's interest and input. So far we seem to have some interest.(post only been up a couple of days) fellow C5 member is working on a Facebook group page will post link once it's up
Here are some of my thoughts
Casual low key group of Camaro owners, all generations welcome
Also I'm not against other makes and models of muscle cars, would rather promote inclusion rather than exclusion....TBH I love anything big,load and fast.
I would prefer to do this as a group, not a dedicated club as such. Just casual meet ups, and events.
I understand that some like just car shows, some are into the drag strip scene and AutoX.. I think we should try to cater for all
Maybe organize a Dyno day, detailing workshop, cruise down to the keys or somewhere like that. Family barbecue. Rambling now Lol
Welcome any kind of feedback.
I like where your going with this and hope meets will be held in both Mia and brow. Another thing that would be nice are family style meets in a good park. My 9 year old son really wants to take part with our new toy.
Crayzme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:08 PM   #40
Sps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayzme View Post
I'm in broward and have been looking for a club old or new even if not exclusive to camaro and can't find crap. I'm new to this muscle car scene and I am looking to make some new friends to teach me a thing or two about my midlife crisis I mean new hobby. I live on the Tamarac / Sunrise line by Sawgrass which is very close to two weekly car meets Fridays at the formerly Tower Shops show that is now at Ruby Tuesdays off 595 and Hiatus and Sundays at Tijuana Taxi in Coral Springs.
Thanks for the input. We are getting a lot of positive feedback, which is great, I'm sure we can arrange locations to accommodate everyone.

Like yourself I have found there really is not a lot going on (reason I started this thread) We are looking more along the lines of us being a group/community of muscle car enthusiast. A way for us to meet new people, help each other out, discuss ideas etc....
Old 10-25-2014, 02:17 PM   #41
Sps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayzme View Post
I like where your going with this and hope meets will be held in both Mia and brow. Another thing that would be nice are family style meets in a good park. My 9 year old son really wants to take part with our new toy.
Thanks for the feedback, it's very refreshing the positive feedback we are getting. I think a family barbecue would be great think to do. Hopefully we can get this off the ground
Old 10-25-2014, 05:23 PM   #42
Squishy

Drives: 2016 camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sps View Post
Thanks for the feedback, it's very refreshing the positive feedback we are getting. I think a family barbecue would be great think to do. Hopefully we can get this off the ground
That sounds great, im down for anything. Would be great to hang out with other gen5 owners. Subscribing to thread!
Squishy is offline   Reply With Quote