Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-16-2008, 06:06 PM   #43
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
This is really good work.

One day in the distant future, I'll be able to make use of this!

Thanks!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:56 PM   #44
crazz28

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS, '10 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilindy500 View Post
Just talked to another dealer who had no idea about it. I told him a few things and he is going to look into it and call back. This is to funny!
HAHA just got off the phone with him(he called back). Mainline Motors in Watrous!!! STUPID! or just the salesman I talked to. Said to call end of Feb and beginning of March with a cheque in your hand and when they come in, the first with the cash will drive the car home lol. He said he didn't know what colors were coming or anything. I said well thats why we put orders in now for them. He said they don't know what their allotment is and can't order til December maybe. lol.

Another dealer says he should have pricing tomorrow morning?? Kinda doubt it!

I don't know if its GM that is retarted and never sent out any information or there dealerships just don't care. I called 4 now and only 1 had the slightest idea. Needless to say I'm 3.5 hours away from the one who knows about it, but I have no ride home until tomorrow.
I think Watrous is too big of a dealership, plus they seem to mainly deal in trucks so what you say doesn't suprise me. I was thinking of checking them out as well when I get out but now I don't have to.
BTW, it sucks having to go to work for a week in the middle of nowhere the day the Camaro's can be ordered.......I should've called in sick.
crazz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:24 PM   #45
lilindy500

Drives: 2003 Silverado SS
I would give Watrous a second chance, now they will be looking into it more after I called. I forget the name of the salesman, but he said he had just started and I could tell he knew nothing, hopefully you don't have to talk to him haha. Ask for the sales manager if you call, they are big, I would imagine they would get quite a few cars?? I should have asked for the sales manager when I called.
I can only afford the LS but I'm scared with the exchange rate at like 1.19 the car will be like $27,400 which is WAY to high. I hope its around $25,000 where the challenger and stang are at but I doubt it! Guess we'll find out soon!
lilindy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:29 PM   #46
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
I really hope its no more then 26, 27 is just too high, i know it is a great car for the price, but when compared to its competition, alot of people would turn down the Camaro just because of price and not even realize what theyre missing out on. I hope that i can afford everything that i picked out, if not, i will never be 100% satisfied with the car, anyone think the price of my order with taxes and interest will stay under 40k or am i just hoping a little too much, LT2/RS, IOM trim package, 40K anyone? or more? i can't go anymore then 40 and 40 is just about pushing it to the extreme:( our taxes kill us even more then the price difference
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:34 PM   #47
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
LT2/RS, IOM trim package, 40K anyone? or more? i can't go anymore then 40 and 40 is just about pushing it to the extreme:( our taxes kill us even more then the price difference
I think you'll be around 40 with the taxes. I figure the car will start at 26K.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:48 PM   #48
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
I think you'll be around 40 with the taxes. I figure the car will start at 26K.
26k was my guess as well, that makes me feel better, Hey Hylton, do you know if you can use a friends supplier discount, or do you have to be within the family?
Old 10-16-2008, 11:50 PM   #49
Hylton

I don't think you can use it. You can always marry him for the week you complete the invoicing.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:59 PM   #50
TJ91

Lmao no i think ill pass, dam it! i need some kind of deal, i dont want to sacrifice the LT2 or the RS package, i might just have to rob a bank. DOes the suppliers discount really save me much? like 3 or 4k?
Old 10-17-2008, 12:03 AM   #51
Hylton

No, not that much. If anything, scrap the RS package. The package will probably cost 2 grand up here. An orange car will look better with the signal lights (non RS) as DRL's compared to the white foglights as the DRL's when you buy an RS. Your car will still look hot, especially with that interior and stripes. It will also be loaded as far as interior goes.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:07 AM   #52
ChrisB

Drives: 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
I really hope its no more then 26, 27 is just too high, i know it is a great car for the price, but when compared to its competition, alot of people would turn down the Camaro just because of price and not even realize what theyre missing out on. I hope that i can afford everything that i picked out, if not, i will never be 100% satisfied with the car, anyone think the price of my order with taxes and interest will stay under 40k or am i just hoping a little too much, LT2/RS, IOM trim package, 40K anyone? or more? i can't go anymore then 40 and 40 is just about pushing it to the extreme:( our taxes kill us even more then the price difference

I think you'll be just under 40

LT2 32000
RS 2000
IOM 1000
---------
PST/GST 4080
Gov A/C tax 100
-------------------
38180$

How does this look? You guys think im in the ballpark or not even close?
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:14 AM   #53
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
I think you'll be just under 40

LT2 32000
RS 2000
IOM 1000
---------
PST/GST 4080
Gov A/C tax 100
-------------------
38180$

How does this look? You guys think im in the ballpark or not even close?
That looks pretty good but add 1K to the LT2 package.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:16 AM   #54
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
My dealer called my home twice yesterday when I wasn't home. Its frustrating, they have my numerous e-mails, my cell number and my work number where I live most of my life. Its good to see its finally happening. I will have to stop in on my way home and educate them some more.
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:45 AM   #55
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
That looks pretty good but add 1K to the LT2 package.
lol and then the interest and then im toast, the only option ill sacrifice will be the rs pac, i hope i can get the 2LT with IOM interior for under 40 then
Old 10-17-2008, 07:59 AM   #56
austinpowersIII
Drives Kllerbee

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
My order (2SS, RS, Auto, Rally Yellow on Black w/Black Rally stripes) went through yesterday morning with no issues :-) I stopped in last night to talk to my salesperson and we reviewed the options ,etc. He did re-confirm that as of yesterday you cannot order the RS package and the 20" polished wheels together through the GM workbook interface. As per another thread, this may change (and I hope it does). I can also re-confirm no pricing as of yet but he also thinks mid-november would be a target. One thing he did mention that I have seen in other threads is that, in his words, the SS will be a premium vehicle. When he elaborated he said that they doesn't expect many to be produced beyond the pre-orders and that his dealership has be told they are guarenteed only 1 SS. The good news for me is that it will be mine as I was the frist for pre-order and hence first order placed (through that dealership).

I'm guessing that my order is gonna run me $41,000 with taxes, etc.
austinpowersIII is offline   Reply With Quote