Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-10-2010, 05:29 AM   #1
Hall of Fame

Drives: Hall of Fame
A real deal of a lifetime - HOF Edition Camaro

More folks will see this in General Discussions Moderators so please leave it here for a little while.

I actually sold this car at Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet to the owners in Meade , NC. I was picking my #9 up and the folks wanted one.. they were all previously sold.. I spoke with the Marketing manager there and he said the financing fell thru for the #5. It originally was suppose to go to NY. So the #5 was available and the last one available. The couple from Meade , NC went in immediately and got it. Kerry Earnhardt and his wife was at the Dealership visiting and Kerry actually commented to me , I had been there 30 minutes and sold a car.. He chuckled and ask how much commission I needed. Great guy.
I remember the buyer's said they worked for GM in Michigan and moved to NC. Somehow this car has found it's way to a Dealer in Michigan and is listed on ebay. I would buy it , and had the chance at Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet that day... but owning 3 cars out of 10 seems hoggish. These cars are meant to enjoy. So folks here she is. Mine are appraised well over the 6 figure range for each and this is a buy of a lifetime and a chance to own a very rare car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...hicle-glossary

Last edited by Hall of Fame; 11-10-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Hall of Fame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:41 AM   #2
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
cool
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:06 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
funny, this was listed last week.....at teh time it was up to $119,100....and the reserve has still not been met....obviously it didn't get high enough. The car itself isn't all that special...all that is different is a paint job and some "celebrities" signatures on it, a coulpe of stickers on it, and its based on THEIR dads name.....right.....not much a deal.

as P.T. Barnum most eloquently said: "There's a sucker born every minute"!
Old 11-10-2010, 08:12 AM   #4
Hall of Fame

You need to read the listings more closely. Car #9 was advertised last week. This is car #5. BTW, as I stated the appraisal on the cars are well over 6 figures. My listing brought 119,100. It brought 91K at auction labor day weekend with only 14 people at the auction on a thurs afternoon. I didn't sell it. I have 2 of them and was passing the information on for a forum member who can afford to purchase the one on ebay. I am getting ready to call Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet to see if they have done any repair damage on this car.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:15 AM   #5
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Fame View Post
You need to read the listings more closely. Car #9 was advertised last week. This is car #5. BTW, as I stated the appraisal on the cars are well over 6 figures. My listing brought 119,100. It brought 91K at auction labor day weekend with only 14 people at the auction on a thurs afternoon. I didn't sell it. I have 2 of them and was passing the information on for a forum member who can afford to purchase the one on ebay. I am getting ready to call Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet to see if they have done any repair damage on this car.
Doesn't necessarily make it a deal unless you can find someone to actually pay the price. Which, it clearly didn't at that current auction. I don't doubt someone out there would pay $100,000+ for it, but to say it's a "deal" is a bit much.
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:22 AM   #6
Hall of Fame

For someone in the collector stage it is a deal. Course if you plan on driving like 99.99% of the people on this forum well they could buy a couple of SS Camaro's for what the one on ebay is selling for. Some folks don't want to collect and truely have no clue what car collection is about. Their loss. The auction I took it to was a test to see what the car would bring. IF more folks would have been there she would have busted 6 figures or more. I guess a major auction in the future will tell. I have no idea how the used car dealer got ahold of this car. Something might be fishy so the buyer had better be on their toes to make sure everything is correct and no damage on the car. Seller does have one recent complaint on his feedback.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:23 AM   #7
Kwik

Drives: car
Who cares?
Old 11-10-2010, 09:39 AM   #8
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Doing all this to a Camaro and charging that premium is no better than a dealer charging way over MSRP for early Camaro's and convertibles when they are released.

There will always be someone willing to pay for a dealer made "collectible". If they want to pay it, good for them.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:42 AM   #9
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
If I hit the lottery I'll buy it.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:49 AM   #10
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
Does this car only make left hand turns?????
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:08 AM   #11
SSRSLY
Lady Racer

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
The car itself isn't all that special...all that is different is a paint job and some "celebrities" signatures on it, a coulpe of stickers on it, and its based on THEIR dads name.....right.....not much a deal.
I'm with this guy. All I see is a mediocre paint scheme and the signature of a guy related to a guy who once did something worth talking about. And stock wheels? Are you kidding me? I could replicate that car exactly for under $40k.

2014 Ford F150 Tremor
2012 Shelby GT500
SSRSLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:55 AM   #12
baba booey

Drives: abm 2ss rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRSLY View Post
I'm with this guy. All I see is a mediocre paint scheme and the signature of a guy related to a guy who once did something worth talking about. And stock wheels? Are you kidding me? I could replicate that car exactly for under $40k.
On top of all that it's UGLY
baba booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #13
Tom

Drives: 2010 SS Red Jewel 6 spd manual
Sorry... but WAY overpriced!
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #14
nardox

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRSLY View Post

An exact replica of Transformers 3 Bumble Bee is more attractive to me than this car....
nardox is offline   Reply With Quote