Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-07-2011, 09:03 PM   #1
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Lingenfelter L28 Pedderized Beast

I know this info is in some other threads but this car deserves its own thread!
I am sure Pete will jump in and give the specifics.
I had the pleasure of watching it run in person this last weekend....WOW!
This much I know at the Optima Steetcar Challenge it performed amazingly! The car was built in three weeks and the driver never even had a chance to get more than 10 minutes of seat time before the event. It was also running in full street trim both in the interior, and the 20" Michelin tires.
It was 2 seconds faster than the Shelby track car, and smoked the next fastest 5th gen. Camaro by over 10 seconds on the road course!
Attached Images

CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #2
mws444

I am hoping they bring it out to the Fest this next August, everyone really needs to see this beautiful machine run for themselves.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
Camaro427

Drives: 2010 SS2 Camaro
The video was outstanding. The driver appeared to have a problem with the shifter. I am sure they will get that straightened out.

Would be great if we can get posted all the Gen 5 Camaros and their times.
Lingenfelter has always been a first class company for sure. With Mike Copeland at the helm, it will go very far. Mike is exceptionally talented
Camaro427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #4
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro427 View Post
The video was outstanding. The driver appeared to have a problem with the shifter. I am sure they will get that straightened out.

Would be great if we can get posted all the Gen 5 Camaros and their times.
Lingenfelter has always been a first class company for sure. With Mike Copeland at the helm, it will go very far. Mike is exceptionally talented
Mike is a great guy, and very talented! Graham, and the whole team really busted their butts in a very short time to put this car together! Once it gets dialed in I will bet on the same track it can cut its time by at least four seconds!
The car really is that good!
Old 11-08-2011, 06:20 PM   #5
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
That's indeed impressive! Congrats Pedders and LPE! I get fully Pedderised in a couple days. Driving down tomorrow for the install of the full Justice package on Thursday!
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:25 PM   #6
full of days

Drives: Camaro GT
It would be great if someone in the know could post the build sheet specs including suspension/wheels/tyres/engine/drivetrain/etc.

The vid showed a big gauge on the center console.

Post Tenebras Lux

full of days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:16 PM   #7
mws444

Here you go:

Lingenfelter L/28 Camaro

• LPE LS7 Engine, 681HP @ 6700 RPM / 588 LB/FT @5600
• LPE Dry Sump Oiling System
• Tremec 6060 6 Speed Manual Transmission
• LPE Dual Disc Clutch and Flywheel
• LPE Clutch Return Spring Kit
• MTI Short Throw Shifter
• LPE Leather Shift Knob
• LPE 9.5” Differential, 373 Ratio with no preload TracRiteฎ GT – Helical Gear Limited Slip
• Driveshaft Shop HD 1400HP Axle Shafts
• LPE HD 2 Piece Driveshaft
• LPE Twin Fuel Pump Module with Electronic Control
• LPE Power Steering Cooler
• Be Cool Radiator
• American Racing Headers
• Custom Side Exit Exhaust with Magnaflow Mufflers
• LPE / Pedders SportsRyder Supercar Coil-over Suspension System, Sway Bars, Complete Bushing Package
• Brembo Brake System. Front 15” 2 Piece Rotor with 6 Piston Caliper, Rear 14” 2 Piece Rotor with 4 Piston caliper
• Forgeline Wheels, 20”X10.5”
• Michelin Tires, 305/35ZR20
• Lingenfelter Signature Body Kit, including front splitter, side skirts, rear diffuser, and rear spoiler
• Specter Werkes Extractor Hood
• Lingenfelter L/28 Graphics
• RPM Six Point Roll Bar
• Corbeau TRS Leather Seats and 5 Point Belts
• Lingenfelter CNC Pedal Pads

And just a little bit of LPE majic with a pinch of suspension genius from Pete.

I also would like to say the driving was amazing!
Old 11-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #8
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Mike,

It was so great to have you trackside for this event. The L/28 did run well, but I promise it will run better. It was a really green car that we will have dialed in and more than ready for Camaro5FEST III at Indy. Fastest 5th Gen by more than 8 seconds is good. Beating the Shelby 'Track' Mustang is better. There is a Vette that I would dearly like to see in second place behind a 5th Gen. This is the home of the 5th Gen Camaro Lingenfelter Brotherhood isn't it
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:35 PM   #9
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Mike,

It was so great to have you trackside for this event. The L/28 did run well, but I promise it will run better. It was a really green car that we will have dialed in and more than ready for Camaro5FEST III at Indy. Fastest 5th Gen by more than 8 seconds is good. Beating the Shelby 'Track' Mustang is better. There is a Vette that I would dearly like to see in second place behind a 5th Gen. This is the home of the 5th Gen Camaro Lingenfelter Brotherhood isn't it
Old 11-12-2011, 10:07 PM   #10
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Mike, sorry i couldn't make it to the Challenge, it would have been nice to meet you.
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:13 AM   #11
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@PeddersUSA.com View Post
Mike, sorry i couldn't make it to the Challenge, it would have been nice to meet you.
You just aren't like Mike and I. We are really men that left our women in Texas to hold down the fort. You brought your wife and paid attention to her on Saturday. What a wuss.

Uhhh maybe you are smarter than Mike and I, but we definitely had more fun than you did.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #12
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
Mike it was nice meeting you at the challenge,and Rob I don't know what to say other than you missed a hell of a good day at the track.
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #13
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
You just aren't like Mike and I. We are really men that left our women in Texas to hold down the fort. You brought your wife and paid attention to her on Saturday. What a wuss.

Uhhh maybe you are smarter than Mike and I, but we definitely had more fun than you did.

Should have just given her the credit card and come to the track.
Now if you went shopping with her.....I will have to personally head east and revoke your mancard!
Old 11-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #14
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce@raymondsperformance View Post
Mike it was nice meeting you at the challenge,and Rob I don't know what to say other than you missed a hell of a good day at the track.
Likewise Bruce, I had a blast with you guys! We just need to figure out how to get some seat time in that car.
I wonder if Pete has ever caught up on his sleep? Hmmm .....I wonder if he ever does sleep