Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-08-2009, 02:22 AM   #1
AirBoyzT
Deployed OIF Basrah, Iraq

Drives: Future Camaro
IOM Exterior with IOM Interior

So I'm thinking about getting IOM Exterior with IOM Interior. Problem is I haven't seen pics of the IOM Interior..Can anyone post pics or a link to a thread (I did search) that has pics of the interior. And any opinions with the IOM on IOM. Thanks!
Old 01-08-2009, 02:30 AM   #2
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
This is close, but I don't know if this is the final thing. Picture is from the Dale Jr. SEMA car.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:32 AM   #3
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Try this link:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...highlight=Indy

There are a few good pics in there of the Orange Accent Interior.

As far as opinion...I guess with IOM/IOM you really gotta like orange!!! It's definitely gonna get noticed!!! If I can get over the idea that it is a rather bold "mid-life crisis car" that's what I'm ordering too (with white rally stripes).
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:32 AM   #4
AirBoyzT

So it's still black leather seats with the orange thread...I was under the impression the whole seat was orange...and also will all the SS Seats have the SS logo on them?
Old 01-08-2009, 02:35 AM   #5
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

SS embroidery is only on the 2SS. The seats couldbe the orange from DDragoneye's Indy pic that blazzin1 posted also. I don't know if any official pictures have been posted.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:35 AM   #6
AirBoyzT

ok so one has black leather with orange thread and one has the actual orange seats...I guess you really do have to like orange...tough decision...now I guess it is between IOM interior or Black interior...I want that SS Embroidery though...I guess I just need more opinions. I was under the impression that it was going to be an orange light around the car...not painted like that picture...
Old 01-08-2009, 02:46 AM   #7
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

The lightpipe wil be IOM for sure. According to the brochure, it's all black leather with the accents so I think it'll be the picture I posted. Below is the exact wording from the brochure.

Interior Accent Trim Package (W1H)
(Available on 2LT and 2SS)
Black interior with Inferno Orange accents on:
n Leather-appointed front seating surfaces
n R ear seating surfaces
n Steering wheel
n Shift knob
n Door armrest
n Center console
n Instrument panel and door trim inserts
Old 01-08-2009, 02:46 AM   #8
blazzin1

The SEMA pics are concept only, the black seats with orange stitching will not be an option on the production cars. The full orange seats will be what you get with the orange accent interior. And if you order a 2SS you will get the "SS" embroidery on the headrests, even with black interior (I'm pretty sure). And yes, If (and I repeat "If") the Ambient Lighting issues are resolved prior to production, there will be orange lighting around the interior in addition to the orange panels, and blue lighting with the black interior. Hope this clears things up for you a bit.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:53 AM   #9
AirBoyzT

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
The SEMA pics are concept only, the black seats with orange stitching will not be an option on the production cars. The full orange seats will be what you get with the orange accent interior. And if you order a 2SS you will get the "SS" embroidery on the headrests, even with black interior (I'm pretty sure). And yes, If (and I repeat "If") the Ambient Lighting issues are resolved prior to production, there will be orange lighting around the interior in addition to the orange panels, and blue lighting with the black interior. Hope this clears things up for you a bit.
Sure does...just not sure if the IOM Exterior/IOM Interior will be "too much" orange...
Old 01-08-2009, 03:05 AM   #10
blazzin1

Yeah, I'm struggling with that too, but I guess you don't really buy a new Camaro to stay subtle!!! If I don't go with the IOM/IOM, I'll probably do the IBM with Beige interior and white stripes. Can't make up my mind.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:13 AM   #11
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

If I get a hardtop, my combinations will be

Victory Red with Black leather, white stripes
or
IBM with Titanium leather, no stripes.

My vert will be the one in my sig though. =P
Old 01-08-2009, 07:02 AM   #12
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
i got the IOM exterior but chose black interior,there was too much orange on the seats for my taste.Now if the bolsters were black and the inserts were orange i would have been all over it.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7166
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:32 AM   #13
AirBoyzT

yea it is a tough decision...I think IOM with Black Interior would look good, but then again IOM interior is different...looking at the indy pics though, it does seem to be a bit too much orange, has anyone gotten the IOM/IOM combo? Maybe ill just get the black interior and us the money that I saved for the orange engine cover...
Old 01-08-2009, 07:33 AM   #14
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Flip a coin already.

I'm kidding. But remember that the only person who can really make this decision is you.
- Xanthos

P.S. - And talk to TXTurbo. It should be very possible to set up an interior a lot like the dale jr. car (less elaborate stitching, but black with orange stitching) using his custom interior options, at least as far as the seats are concerned.

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote