Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #29
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by acebrave View Post
I am new to this site, and in the process of purchasing a 2013 camaro zl1. I have never had a camaro before and many friends are telling me to go with the mustang. I didn't know who else to go to so I came here for help, why should I choose the zl1 over the gt500?

Just ask yourself a few questions.

1. do you like acceleration or handling or both?
2. Do you care if a car has a stiff ride?
3. Do you actually prefer the looks of one over the other?

how you anser these question really should tell you which car to buy IMO. Both of these cars a good. anybody who say's different IMO is a biased in some way. That is how I see period point blank don't care what anybody thinks about that.

GT500 has great acclerations. keeps up with a C6 Z06 from a roll and those cars are bad fast if you have ever driven one. It is going to ride stiffer and will struggle to carry the same speed through a corner and feel as balanced. that being said it still can be driven fast on a track by a good driver.

Zl1 has really nice ride for how much grip it has. has good power but is more human. Really fellt stock more like My 08 Base C6 which is still a fast car. low 12 seconds.

Both cars mod well and easy so if you like the looks better just buy that car. My wife just hates mustangs I like both cars. that tipped me a bit towards teh ZL1 just becaue who whats to hear there spouse bitch about the car for the next ten years ha ha.

Also if you still on the fence money talks where can you get the best deal. I got supplier price on my Zl1 MSRP was the best I could find on the ford that was the final straw that tipped me towards the ZL1. I saved 2k and I have only spent 1k making the car faster and it pulls hard now.

bottom line both cars are just bas a$$ and it is hard to go "wrong" either way.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned

Last edited by hognutz; 03-26-2013 at 10:49 AM.
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #30
sonic656

Drives: 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiner98 View Post
The ZL1 is a true factory car developed and made in house at GM.

The GT500 is just an aftermarket bolt on custom job, not factory made. I bet Shelby is still using the original stock clutch that came from Ford. I had a friend buy a Saleen Mustang and his clutch blew out because it still had the stock assembly line clutch.

The GT500 supercharger is also running some 12lbs of BOost!! Good luck reaching 100,000 miles on that dam thing ! Longevity could be an issue.

ZL1 is an overall a much better car with more value for about the same amount of money, and looks a heck of alot better too.

If you can get past Ford's stupid cascading tail lights, and think that's cool, go with the Mustang.

So much wrong information in this post its not even funny
sonic656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #31
cvp33
America FVCK Yeah!

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic656 View Post
So much wrong information in this post its not even funny
Agreed.
cvp33 is offline   Reply With Quote