Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Old 10-26-2014, 06:22 PM   #1
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Testing the waters

Not sure if ill be keeping the camaro around in the future but wanted to see what you guys think i can get for a price if i plan to selling privately. its a 2010 2ss rs, fully loaded. IOM L99, great paint and flawless interior. Purchased the car in 2012 with 29k miles on it bone stock, It now has a little over 33k miles on it with all the upgrades listed below

Current Exterior Mods:

+GM Splitter Painted Inferno Orange
+GM Side Skirts Painted Inferno Orange
+GM Rear Diffuser Painted Inferno Orange
+VIS AMS Racing Hood Painted Inferno Orange
+Matte Black SS Trunk Emblem
+Matte Black Vinyl Hood Spears
+Matte Black Vinyl Side Gills
+Matte Black Trunk Lid Blackout
+Matte Black Front Fascia Blackout
+Matte Black Mail Slot Blackout
+Carbon Fiber Rear Bowtie
+Painted Black Tail Light Bezels
+Plasti-Dipped OEM Spoiler
+Plasti-Dipped GM Rear Diffuser Fins
+Plasti-Dipped MBRP Square Exhaust Tips
+GM Heritage Grille Painted Inferno Orange
+3D Carbon Fender Vents Painted Inferno Orange
+Madico Charcool 20% Tints
+CAMARO Fender Emblems Painted Black
+20% Tint Side Markers
+20% Tint Reverse Lights
+20% Tint Tail Lights
+LED RGB 3D Carbon Fender Vent Lighintg

Current Interior Mods:

+Lloyd floor mats with "CAMARO SS" embroidered in IOM
+Camaro SS emblem from stock grille below the shifter

Current Performance Mods:
+NGK TR55 Spark Plugs
+160* thermostat
+KOOKS 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers w/Hi Flow Cats
+Roto-Fab CAI Painted in IOM
+Borla Atak Axle Back Exhaust
+Air Scoop
+MBRP Square Exhaust Tips (From RJ aka, Camaro5 member The Stig) A little piece of Kaylee that lives on!
+VMAX CNC Spiral Ported Throttle Body
+Tune by Rob Kats (RKTuning) 380rwhp/393trq

Current Engine Bay Mods:
+Custom Painted Fuse Box Colorshift
+Custom Painted CAI Tube Colorshift
+Custom Painted Plenum Cover Colorshift
+Custom Painted Engine Cover Colorshift
+GM Strut Tower Brace Painted Inferno Orange
+TPIS Strut Tower Bar Brackets Kit

Lighting:
+LED RGB Grille Lighting
+LED RGB Engine Bay Lighting
+JDP Colorshift Halo Kit
+ORACLE LED Conversion Kit in red
+LED RGB Footwell Lighitng

Wheels & Tires:
+Forgestar F14's w/ Carbon Fiber Center Caps
20x9 Fronts
20x10 Rears
+Nitto Invo Tires
275/40/20 Fronts
295/35/20 Rears

Last edited by Vengeance Graphix; 10-26-2014 at 06:34 PM.
Vengeance Graphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:03 AM   #2
joejoe3rd

Drives: Grand Prix
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!
joejoe3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 01:41 PM   #3
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Sadly with the exception of the rims the mods mean very little. My guess would be in the 23-24K range without the rims (you need to sell those separately as you'll get a better return). You'd be much better of demoding and selling separately. And if your seriously considering it, you better start working on it now because if the 6th gen comes out and is stunning (which I happen to doubt), the 5th gen will drop in value very quickly.

Last edited by nyrfan; 10-30-2014 at 05:40 PM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:51 PM   #4
jacksoncoffeeco

Drives: 2010 Hennessey HPE650
I agree that most mods don't do much to increase the value. However, most of your mods are done to the body and they are very appealing to the eye. And this is what most buyers are looking for. ...."a very sharp looking car". As such, I think you can get on the top side of what the car is worth. It's a great color and what you've done is not so outrageous that it limits the number of buyers. In fact, I think you've got a car that appeals to more people than the average seller's car does. Good luck with your sale and don't get discouraged with the selling process. With so many Camaros on the market, it's getting tough to sell for a premium price. Just takes time and patience to find the right buyer.
jacksoncoffeeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:11 PM   #5
NJIOMSS

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
A lot of great advice so far, even if it is all opinion from us. Mods to the body are very specific and would need a specific buyer, including even the original color combo. Be prepared to get low 20's for it, especially this time of year. Remember it's now 5 years old and in a few months there will be a new body style out.

There's over 30 2010's on Autotrader right now in our area with under 45k miles. I traded in my car for $21,500 back in August and sold a bunch of stock parts to compensate as well as canceling the extended warranty I had on it. (Remember if you trade it in you get a tax credit towards the purchase on the new vehicle, more $$ saved). Btw the delaer is asking $28k for it now

I was getting private offers from $19k-$23 for it but no one came through on buying it anyway after trying to sell it since this past March and posting on CL, Autotrader & Cars.com. It's now November and winter is coming which means your new buyer will not be able to drive regularly until spring. I say hold on to it until end of winter then put it up for sale. I would de-mod as much as you can and get as much money back on those parts to offset the price you might get on the vehicle. If you decide to sell good luck it's a great looking car. This was my experience this year and my car was modded similarly to yours. But hey, you might put it up and sell it for full asking price the first day! You never know until you try. Hope this helps.
NJIOMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:41 PM   #6
Cuco

Drives: Lincoln
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJIOMSS View Post
A lot of great advice so far, even if it is all opinion from us. Mods to the body are very specific and would need a specific buyer, including even the original color combo. Be prepared to get low 20's for it, especially this time of year. Remember it's now 5 years old and in a few months there will be a new body style out.

There's over 30 2010's on Autotrader right now in our area with under 45k miles. I traded in my car for $21,500 back in August and sold a bunch of stock parts to compensate as well as canceling the extended warranty I had on it. (Remember if you trade it in you get a tax credit towards the purchase on the new vehicle, more $$ saved). Btw the delaer is asking $28k for it now

I was getting private offers from $19k-$23 for it but no one came through on buying it anyway after trying to sell it since this past March and posting on CL, Autotrader & Cars.com. It's now November and winter is coming which means your new buyer will not be able to drive regularly until spring. I say hold on to it until end of winter then put it up for sale. I would de-mod as much as you can and get as much money back on those parts to offset the price you might get on the vehicle. If you decide to sell good luck it's a great looking car. This was my experience this year and my car was modded similarly to yours. But hey, you might put it up and sell it for full asking price the first day! You never know until you try. Hope this helps.
I couldn't have said it better myself. I am a buyer in the market for 2SS convertible. I want to do my set of mods so as long as the vehicle I purchase are in line with what I want to do, that will make the sale more attractive. But like you said, the mods are worth almost nothing when they are sold. Very little of what is done, mod wise, will garner any value. It just makes the vehicle more attractive when selling if the buyer wants that stuff.

Personally I am trying to decide, do I buy now, wait until middle of winter when prices should be lower or when the 2015's come out. Its all a matter of when I see that priced right vehicle I am looking for. Whenever that is its mine!
Cuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #7
One Sick Camaro
That Cam though...

Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS 02 T/A WS6 15 SSV
if you part it out those f14's may be apealing to me lol
Old 11-02-2014, 01:13 AM   #8
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Sick Camaro View Post
if you part it out those f14's may be apealing to me lol
LOL I'm sure. not sure i can part with them yet.. I'm still keeping the SS for now just seeing what people are gonna say. But in the future ill keep you in mind since your the town over haha.