Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-31-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Send Stuff to Naval Officer Candidates!

As I announced 6 weeks ago, I am presently attending Officer Candidate School and working toward a commission in the World's Finest Navy. Though this program, my shipmates and I have overcome challenges to our leadership and character and have succeeded. As a celebration of that challenge, we will get some goodies from families and friends in about 3 weeks. At that time, we will take on staff positions throughout the regiment. It is requested that these boxes be sent within the next 2 weeks.

I want to make sure that everyone here, whether they have family or not, gets something from someone, and I'm asking for that help to come from the world's best car enthusiast community, Camaro5. If you can spare the expense, please send a package with candy, beef jerky, chips, protein bars, or anything else you can imagine a galley-only diet would lack. Include a note to let us know who to thank. I have a family to send me goodies, so I'm asking for those of us who don't have the support that they deserve.

I don't want anyone to feel pressured to do this, so you don't have to reply to this discussion. I certainly don't want this to turn political since I won't be available to moderate anytime soon. Just think about the sacrifice some of these candidates have already made and that they don't even have anyone to support them.

If you're interested in sending a package, it doesn't have to be large. A Snickers bar in an envelope is generous enough!

For your package to arrive to my shipmates, please label as follows:

CANDIO BOX (CAMARO5)
C/O BUCKLEY
OFFICER CANDIDATE SCHOOL
CLASS 13-13H
OFFICER TRAINING COMMAND NEWPORT
1356 MEYERKORD AVENUE
NEWPORT, RI 02841-1641

Once again, this is not a challenge to your patriotism or an obligation to send. I appreciate every one of you just for being Camaro enthusiasts. This is just me looking out for my shipmates who don't have someone waiting for them at home. Make sure to let us know that your package came from Camaro5 so we can try to send a proper thanks!

I want to thank you for reading this and for giving us such a great country to defend. Without you, we wouldn't have the honor of doing what we do.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
As I announced 6 weeks ago, I am presently attending Officer Candidate School and working toward a commission in the World's Finest Navy. Though this program, my shipmates and I have overcome challenges to our leadership and character and have succeeded. As a celebration of that challenge, we will get some goodies from families and friends in about 3 weeks. At that time, we will take on staff positions throughout the regiment. It is requested that these boxes be sent within the next 2 weeks.

I want to make sure that everyone here, whether they have family or not, gets something from someone, and I'm asking for that help to come from the world's best car enthusiast community, Camaro5. If you can spare the expense, please send a package with candy, beef jerky, chips, protein bars, or anything else you can imagine a galley-only diet would lack. Include a note to let us know who to thank. I have a family to send me goodies, so I'm asking for those of us who don't have the support that they deserve.

I don't want anyone to feel pressured to do this, so you don't have to reply to this discussion. I certainly don't want this to turn political since I won't be available to moderate anytime soon. Just think about the sacrifice some of these candidates have already made and that they don't even have anyone to support them.

If you're interested in sending a package, it doesn't have to be large. A Snickers bar in an envelope is generous enough!

For your package to arrive to my shipmates, please label as follows:

CANDIO BOX (CAMARO5)
C/O BUCKLEY
OFFICER CANDIDATE SCHOOL
CLASS 13-13H
OFFICER TRAINING COMMAND NEWPORT
1356 MEYERKORD AVENUE
NEWPORT, RI 02841-1641

Once again, this is not a challenge to your patriotism or an obligation to send. I appreciate every one of you just for being Camaro enthusiasts. This is just me looking out for my shipmates who don't have someone waiting for them at home. Make sure to let us know that your package came from Camaro5 so we can try to send a proper thanks!

I want to thank you for reading this and for giving us such a great country to defend. Without you, we wouldn't have the honor of doing what we do.

I will keep bumping this for ya.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
ShnOmac

Old 06-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #4
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Bump...GOD BLESS! I will be doing this.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #5
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Slightly confused on what sending a package actually does for you?

Congrats on being commissioned, btw.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #6
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
He has ship mates who don't have a family to send them gifts, and he want them to have the excitement of opening stuff up as well.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #7
Mrs. Blur
1.8L of AWESOME!

Drives: 2012 Sonic LT
Here is the box I have put together for Jason. I hope he enjoys everything in it
Attached Images

Mrs. Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #8
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post

Congrats on being commissioned, btw.
Basically they have been living on bland nasty uncle sam issued food, Now they can receive packages with stuff that tastes good.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #9
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Blur View Post
Here is the box I have put together for Jason. I hope he enjoys everything in it
Looks good Mrs. Blur!
Old 06-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #10
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
He has ship mates who don't have a family to send them gifts, and he want them to have the excitement of opening stuff up as well.
Ok, makes sense! Was confused because the canidates at OCS here in VA don't receive packages like this. I guess that's the Marines for you, But I'll see what I can do!
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #11
malave7567

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
Blur, I wish you the best of luck! My friend passed through OCS a year or two ago, and passed through "Nuclear School" as well (he's a nuclear engineer, and is really close to being assigned to his first assignment on a sub). He tells me a lot of stories of his time in both, so I can imagine what you have been/will be going through.

Good luck to you sir.
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #12
ShnOmac