Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 12-11-2011, 06:55 AM   #29
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Update: Well Last night I was cruising with the ACE5 members (our Atlanta C5 club) and got a 1-2nd grind. May ask Tracy to look around for a nice stage 2 clutch. I will take the car to the dealer also just to have things looked at just in case. Also looking at upgrading my tranny and diff oils to Royal Purple. May have been my fault because I wasn't able to reproduce the grind again . Will keep dropping the hammer alot more often to see what happens and break the tranny now if I have to before the boost. FYI: I'm a excellent M6 shifter. But we all make mistakes.

And on another note I have had the car a year the 23rd. I swapped in the Vmax TB and RX Catch can / Breather. And some Sea Foaming was do in the manifold. It wasn't to bad, I sprayed it good in there and had hardly no smoke come out the pipes. Indicating there wasn't alot of build up in there. I just sprayed the manifold as the car is still new. And I thought the Sea Foam in the gas tank and in the engine was alil extreme right now. So remember no matter how many miles or new the car is CATCH CAN is an amazing engine saver.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:28 AM   #30
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Rich (rditten) told me he noticed a big improvement in shifting when he switch the tranny to Royal Purple...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:07 AM   #31
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Rich (rditten) told me he noticed a big improvement in shifting when he switch the tranny to Royal Purple...
Yea I have read the same on here. And have friends that us it on they cars. I think this is my best bet right now. But still going to give the tranny a few hard launch's just in case.

So how's your Taxi handling the extra stress and boost? Or do you only boost her high at times. I maybe boost happy at first but will have to try and keep her under boost and control myself till I get some DR's lol.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #32
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
C Me, this rocks! Congrats. I've got about 1/3 of the dough squirreled away right now. I have to mod on the sly unfortunately. Prolly go the SC route. (I love my LT/ARK combo too much though that TT option sounds pretty badd.)

I figure Tracy's SC will have a bit more power than IPF's and I'm guessing he'll be more able to customize it around my current mods. Plus I may add ported IM and insulator beforehand as well. Doubt i'll ever get heads ported or cams-just too much.

That said I am grateful that IPF is doing what they're doing. The more quality options, the better it is for the consumer.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:40 PM   #33
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Yea I have read the same on here. And have friends that us it on they cars. I think this is my best bet right now. But still going to give the tranny a few hard launch's just in case.

So how's your Taxi handling the extra stress and boost? Or do you only boost her high at times. I maybe boost happy at first but will have to try and keep her under boost and control myself till I get some DR's lol.
Brick is holding up great! I really only do a couple of extra PSI... main thing though is the boost comes on a bit earlier and it holds it a bit longer.. Makes for a night and day difference though...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:56 PM   #34
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
Cool...what you got planned for suspension and wheels/tires to put that power to use?
Old 12-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #35
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
C Me, this rocks! Congrats. I've got about 1/3 of the dough squirreled away right now. I have to mod on the sly unfortunately. Prolly go the SC route. (I love my LT/ARK combo too much though that TT option sounds pretty badd.)

I figure Tracy's SC will have a bit more power than IPF's and I'm guessing he'll be more able to customize it around my current mods. Plus I may add ported IM and insulator beforehand as well. Doubt i'll ever get heads ported or cams-just too much.

That said I am grateful that IPF is doing what they're doing. The more quality options, the better it is for the consumer.
I feel you on losing your parts by going TT. I'm glad I went the short header route now lol. I will be losing my VR intake and my N/A Catch Can. But I will be fine with that. I can't wait to see Tracy's SC kit when I go down there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
Cool...what you got planned for suspension and wheels/tires to put that power to use?
I have the FE3 (SS suspension) right now and plan to see how it holds up till the spring. I have not thought about the wheel and tire set up yet. All I know is I will be running DR's on the rear full time. I do have a set of the 18" OEM wheels also.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:43 PM   #36
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
You may want to try a GL-4 trans fluid like Amsoil gear and trans lube....

http://www.syntheticwarehouse.com/synthetic_gl4.htm

It works better at getting those crappy brass syncros to slow down for the next gear as you shift. Means the 1-2 grind should happen much less. This has been covered in the transmission section of the forums. I am putting this in my car tomorrow. Guys have used this and LOVE IT!

The nice thing about using this oil vs Royal Purple is this looks like oil thats in your trans already. So if you ever take it in for warranty work.. the dealer will be less likely to void your warranty because you are using royal purple.. aka a non OEM Oil.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:03 AM   #37
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
You may want to try a GL-4 trans fluid like Amsoil gear and trans lube....

http://www.syntheticwarehouse.com/synthetic_gl4.htm

It works better at getting those crappy brass syncros to slow down for the next gear as you shift. Means the 1-2 grind should happen much less. This has been covered in the transmission section of the forums. I am putting this in my car tomorrow. Guys have used this and LOVE IT!

The nice thing about using this oil vs Royal Purple is this looks like oil thats in your trans already. So if you ever take it in for warranty work.. the dealer will be less likely to void your warranty because you are using royal purple.. aka a non OEM Oil.
Thanks for the heads up. I am going to go out today and do some hard launch's to see if anything happens again. I still haven't been able to reproduce the grind from 1-2nd. But with the stress that's coming soon to the trans I think it's a very good idea to upgrade oils.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:41 AM   #38
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
subscribed.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #39
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
subscribed.
Hey JT I'm at Adams job looking at some options for your SS. Will text you some pictures.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:01 AM   #40
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

As of today if any updates, Tracy will update us on this thread about eveything.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #41
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Hey JT I'm at Adams job looking at some options for your SS. Will text you some pictures.
Good deal. I'm gonna go visit him Tues or Wednesday most likely.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:49 PM   #42
10RsCamaro
Slow v6

Drives: Automatic Automobile
Send a message via Skype™ to 10RsCamaro
Congrats!
10RsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote