Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
NiR

Drives: 2011 camaro 1LT with rs
My 2011 camaro just got JACKED.. (rims+ tires stolen)

sigh so sad.. i was headed home and this is what i see... felt so damn sad and mad at the same time. how could people do this. its not like i am rich. i worked hard to get this car and this happens...

anything i can do to prevent this in the future? i heard something about rim guards? but will it protect from them just stealing the whole tire and rim? They took all 4 of my rims/tires.

NiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
gjarzabek009

Drives: 1LT
Upload to photobucket and copy and past the IMG code in a post. Wheel lug locks would prevent this from happening.
-VMAX Ported TB
-Maces 25mm Insulator
-Ported Intake manifolds (soon)
gjarzabek009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #3
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
ouch sorry man. There's not much you can do apart from having a garage. You could buy wheel locks from apex chase or any other place, but in all honesty if someone really wants your wheels, they will find a way to get them.

I hope your insurance helps you out here. Hopefully you can get some even better wheels soon!

Also to post pics go to the "go advance" button. Then you will see a paperclip by the smiley, and if you click on that you can upload pics. No need to go to any image hosting site.
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
jesserayjames

Drives: Drives a 2012 IOM 2SS/RS 6M
I hope you are insured.............................
Old 02-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #5

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Could be a dry run...change up your parking/driving habits if you can. Get a Lo/Jack when you can...thats a real bummer, sorry. but at least it wasn't the whole car.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:27 PM   #6
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Wheel locks don't help
I know a few people who got rims stolen with locks on sadly
Sad man
I would kill someone
I don't give a shit about the wheels. They can take it. But dropping its on concrete blocks. That's just fn brutal. Pigs. Hope they get hit by a bus. Or someone breaks into their home and steals everything
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #7
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
If you catch em, I'll help you break one or both of their legs.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #8
DallasMaroLover

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM SS
So sorry this happend to you man!! People suck! I wish they would work hard and get there own shit versus stealing someone else's!! Something similar happend to me a few months ago. They stole some belongings inside of it but took a crow bar to the door and shattered my window. Keep your head up!
Old 02-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #9
NiR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
ouch sorry man. There's not much you can do apart from having a garage. You could buy wheel locks from apex chase or any other place, but in all honesty if someone really wants your wheels, they will find a way to get them.

I hope your insurance helps you out here. Hopefully you can get some even better wheels soon!

Also to post pics go to the "go advance" button. Then you will see a paperclip by the smiley, and if you click on that you can upload pics. No need to go to any image hosting site.

uploaded pics. how hard is it to steal the tires/rims even after the locks? will it really help or is it just something they can bypass easily. they actually had time to take all 4 of them so i am sure this was something they planned out. There aren't that many nice cars around where i live and i am sure i had the most expensive rims/tires around my area. I am afraid that when i replace them, they will just target my car again. I am actually going to only park it right by my house now on (had to park it a block away last time cause no parking spots). I will probably stay awake till 5am as well... i am paranoid that they might do this again.

for now my insurance will cover it. However if this happens again they wont. I think there is a 1 time per year type deal on things like this. I am not going to be able to afford a garage paying another 2-300 a month. I still searched for one but i couldn't find any around my area. I am just not sure what to do. I am hoping that the gorilla locks or whatever else locks will be enough to keep them away. Are they that reliable? how does those work?
Old 02-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #10
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
The rims can be replaced but what about the weight of the car on those cinder blocks
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #11
tr1gger
Built 4/23/09

Drives: 2010 Black 1LT
This blowwwwws. I have seen so many of these threads lately. Those rotors are pretty rust covered, must have rained a TON.

Blu808, Campbell, CA 408.376.0560
tr1gger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #12
joey0480

Drives: 2013 Evo X
Insane...sorry to hear.

SOLD:Team L99
ADM Race Intake and Scoop
Vmax Ported TB
Borla-S axlebacks
ARH 1 7/8 Long Tubes and Hi Flo Cats
160 Thermostat
Pfdat front and rear sways and endlinks
Gold Pearl Powdercoated calipers
Gloss black CFD strut covers
GM gill stripes
******** 12" Stealth Kicker Package
joey0480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #13
NiR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Wheel locks don't help
I know a few people who got rims stolen with locks on sadly
Sad man
I would kill someone
I don't give a shit about the wheels. They can take it. But dropping its on concrete blocks. That's just fn brutal. Pigs. Hope they get hit by a bus. Or someone breaks into their home and steals everything

yup... i was so angry and sad at the same time. i just couldn't believe that they just jacked it on some freaking cement block. I am sure there are more damages underneath. And if the locks doesnt help then i honestly dont no what to do. Whats the point of replacing everything if they will just steal it again.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #14
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
wheel locks wont help you any, they sell wheel lock removers at pep boys for under 20 bucks.
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote