Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 05-14-2013, 10:33 PM   #85
luckynuts

Drives: 10 ABM 1SS/00 Z28 Conv/14 SumWh 2LT
Son of a................I've been a Leaf fan too long. Even at 4-1 I was waiting for the hammer to drop. Was in a private suite at Legasse Stadium in the Palazzo with 10 Bruin fans from Boston I met on the way in when they saw me with my jersey on. Great guys, at the end even they didn't have the heart to rub it in. They picked up my tab and I spent the rest of the night drowning my sorrows, and did they get drowned Went golfing today like the Leafs and this is the way things went............
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2013, 11:18 PM   #86
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynuts View Post
Son of a................I've been a Leaf fan too long. Even at 4-1 I was waiting for the hammer to drop. Was in a private suite at Legasse Stadium in the Palazzo with 10 Bruin fans from Boston I met on the way in when they saw me with my jersey on. Great guys, at the end even they didn't have the heart to rub it in. They picked up my tab and I spent the rest of the night drowning my sorrows, and did they get drowned Went golfing today like the Leafs and this is the way things went............
Thats one PRICKY Ball you have there Dave
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:31 PM   #87
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
I don't even care about hockey, watched the last few minutes because I was bored, LAUGHED MY ASS OFF. Next day everyone in a shit mood. Seriously, it's just a game and people need to get over it. I hope they lose even more epically next year after the jack up the prices even more for all the sheep. Put your money and effort and passion into some more local stuff if you like hockey. How can people blindly sit by and dole out cash and their lives for a business and "Heroes" that don't deserve it. All in the name of canada's sport or whatever. I've been told I should leave canada because you can't dislike hockey living here, buy me the ticket, I'd go lol. How can people not see they're being used. Hilarious.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:56 AM   #88
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
The Leafs will always be just mediocre.
There is no need to win the stanley cup.
The Leafs are sold out every game, have a 20 year waiting list for season tickets, have the highest ticket prices in the league and they are the richest team in the league.
There is no other pressure than just to try to make the playoffs.

Until the sheeple, stop buying tickets and leaf souvenirs,nothing will change.

Case in point:does anyone remember the chicago blackhawks several years ago?
They were an awfully bad team...Building was empty (not selling tickets or mechandise).Pressure was on to put a good product on the ice and sell those tickets.
guess what? They have done that.
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:58 AM   #89
blkngldbabe
Barossa's handler

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by '11 cyber grey vert View Post
The Leafs will always be just mediocre.
There is no need to win the stanley cup.
The Leafs are sold out every game, have a 20 year waiting list for season tickets, have the highest ticket prices in the league and they are the richest team in the league.
There is no other pressure than just to try to make the playoffs.

Until the sheeple, stop buying tickets and leaf souvenirs,nothing will change.

Case in point:does anyone remember the chicago blackhawks several years ago?
They were an awfully bad team...Building was empty (not selling tickets or mechandise).Pressure was on to put a good product on the ice and sell those tickets.
guess what? They have done that.
Leafs are a business. They made 15 million extra, not including food sales and apparel for the first two games they had. It makes ZERO business sense to not want to get the extra revenue. WIth the new ownership of the Leafs being Rogers and Bell there will be a big push to go deep in the playoffs. Sportsnet and TSN and their radio stations will make a ton of money as well as the actual MLSE. This is found money. The players make a pittance(compared to their regular salary) to play and it's a huge cash cow.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #90
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
I fully agree with you on this quote,he is poison for the Leafs ,they have to get rid of him ,but please don't send him to Boston ,lol.

The only person I have NO use for is Dion Phaneuf, who I never liked since day one, and is NOT worthy of the "C" on his jersey.

Job well done by all the players and coaches.

Attachment 510252[/QUOTE]
Old 05-16-2013, 05:12 PM   #91
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkngldbabe View Post
Leafs are a business. They made 15 million extra, not including food sales and apparel for the first two games they had. It makes ZERO business sense to not want to get the extra revenue. WIth the new ownership of the Leafs being Rogers and Bell there will be a big push to go deep in the playoffs. Sportsnet and TSN and their radio stations will make a ton of money as well as the actual MLSE. This is found money. The players make a pittance(compared to their regular salary) to play and it's a huge cash cow.

Yes they are a business...my point is... they may be a playoff team but don't expect them to win the stanley cup...The management may want to go deep in the playoffs but with todays salary cap it is difficult to do..unless you build through the draft and get the odd exceptional player.think wayne gretzky or syndey crosby.

Therefore they will always be a mediocre team and still sold out every game...

I actually think they overachieved this year and played boston tough..although the meltdown was tough to stomach and typical of most leaf teams in the recent years.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:17 PM   #92
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINGER BEE View Post
I fully agree with you on this quote,he is poison for the Leafs ,they have to get rid of him ,but please don't send him to Boston ,lol.

The only person I have NO use for is Dion Phaneuf, who I never liked since day one, and is NOT worthy of the "C" on his jersey.

Job well done by all the players and coaches.

Attachment 510252
[/QUOTE]

Yes...definitely achieved alot this year...

Dion is just an average defensemen...I agree not worthy of the "C" and definitely not worthy of playing 28-29 minutes a game.He actually plays better when he has less ice time...If the leafs can't resign him at a reasonable cost..I'd say let him go or trade him....
If they do keep him...remove the "C" and then he should be relegated to defensemen #4 through 6...Not the 1st pairing for sure.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #93
blkngldbabe
Barossa's handler

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by '11 cyber grey vert View Post
Yes they are a business...my point is... they may be a playoff team but don't expect them to win the stanley cup...The management may want to go deep in the playoffs but with todays salary cap it is difficult to do..unless you build through the draft and get the odd exceptional player.think wayne gretzky or syndey crosby.

Therefore they will always be a mediocre team and still sold out every game...

I actually think they overachieved this year and played boston tough..although the meltdown was tough to stomach and typical of most leaf teams in the recent years.
THe organization has done very well in the past few years, building through the draft and making heady trades getting players like Lupul and Gardiner in return. Quietly built a nice solid core and stocked the AHL cupboard. In reality, there are 30 teams that all have the cap issues and trying to land that magical unicorn pick of a Crosby or Malkin. Teams that don't, still manage to win the cup sometimes. Great coaching and good player selections via trade, UFA and Drafting is the difference. Things have changed a good bit and while I don't think the Leafs are "contenders" for the cup...right now....I think they are a team built for the playoffs and with the experience will come more rewards. Either way, it's great hockey to watch.