Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-01-2014, 07:17 PM   #15
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS 426 V8 M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
I thought ww11 was over
Also didn't know Hitler called his guys super sports
LMFAO
yellowrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:19 PM   #16
MrStarhouse

Drives: Opel GT 2008 (Now Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by San2cci View Post
Front Grille Bracket: Here
Front Grille Emblem (red SS): Here
Rear Trunk Emblem: Here
One More question when reading this. As I understand the front mounting brackets are for 2010 - 2013 models. Are they compatible with the new 2014's?

BTW. I think the issue with the SS is really not a big deal here in Sweden. It's more so in Germany, and maybe the countries that was invaded. But I guess GM has to keep one European standard.

I'm just so glad I can even get an officially imported Camaro so I'm completely fine with getting this myself.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:46 PM   #17
Macina

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT AGM
Hello again fellow Swede!
I got my red SS emblem from ebay. GM original with bracket arrives today. Was pretty cheap compared to the quotes i got from other vendors here. Only 58 days until my car arrives!
Mods: OBX 1.7/8" LT headers, No cats, SW retro chambered cat back, CAI inc cai, JRE Scoop, roto-fab wb relo kit, RX catch can, Vmax ported TB, 1LE steering wheel, 1LE shift knob/boot, SCT tuner, Anthracite plasti dipped wheels, Apex/Pfadt 1.25" lowering springs.
Macina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:45 AM   #18
MrStarhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macina View Post
Hello again fellow Swede!
I got my red SS emblem from ebay. GM original with bracket arrives today. Was pretty cheap compared to the quotes i got from other vendors here. Only 58 days until my car arrives!
Yeah, Howdy,

58 days, meaning March I guess. Makes me jealous.

You got your badges from eBay. I thik I'll do the same. I got some good links above.

Did you also get the font grille one? In that case, is it the same for 2014 as earlier models? I mean, the front design have changed.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:46 AM   #19
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
yes...you guys could also probably get the pieces you need on this forum from members and such. If I could find mine I would send them (front red SS badge and grill clip) to you if you paid the shipping. You could have it for free. FedEx would be easy honestly. I haven't done overseas FedEx in a while, but I have send FedEx to Germany before and didn't have any issues. If you don't mind used and removed (400 miles on them tops), pm me here so I remember to do this. haha.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:47 AM   #20
Macina

I only got the one for the front grille. Yes they are the same. Someone in another thread mesured his on the 2014 and they are the same. The only thing i was unsure of was the mounting bracket but according to the sites that have the 2014 model emblems the brackets are the same for 2010-2014. Yes march! So i am one of the few that really want this winter to continue to be like it is. Not an inch of snow here in Gothenburg!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Mods: OBX 1.7/8" LT headers, No cats, SW retro chambered cat back, CAI inc cai, JRE Scoop, roto-fab wb relo kit, RX catch can, Vmax ported TB, 1LE steering wheel, 1LE shift knob/boot, SCT tuner, Anthracite plasti dipped wheels, Apex/Pfadt 1.25" lowering springs.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:37 AM   #21
MrStarhouse

Quote:
I only got the one for the front grille. Yes they are the same. Someone in another thread mesured his on the 2014 and they are the same. The only thing i was unsure of was the mounting bracket but according to the sites that have the 2014 model emblems the brackets are the same for 2010-2014. Yes march! So i am one of the few that really want this winter to continue to be like it is. Not an inch of snow here in Gothenburg!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
But I guess that is not a problem i Gothenburg, the only weather you have there is horizontal raining
Old 01-02-2014, 12:20 PM   #22
Macina

Hehe, thats almost true. Sometimes the weather gods gets confused and throws down a feet or two of snow.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:57 AM   #23
MrStarhouse

Now ordered from eBay, found a supplier who had a packaged with both front and rear emblems, including brackets for the grille.

Also ordered some carbon fibre mudflaps, the thin and discrete versions, lets se how those look.

The only thing missing now is the Camaro to install them on
Old 01-03-2014, 12:33 PM   #24
Macina

Got mine from the post office today! Looks great.
I got 6.2l badges for the hood also, bought from ebay.
I also got the mudflaps from ebay but only for the rear, front I bought from another member onezlowz2 8.
Funny thing is when I where and looked at the 2014 coupe that the chevy dealer have here in Gothenburg I thought I saw mudflaps/rockguards mounted in the rear!
Its hard to see in this pic but its there. Really discrete.

Skickat från min SM-N9005 via Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2014, 04:00 PM   #25
MrStarhouse

Quote:
Funny thing is when I where and looked at the 2014 coupe that the chevy dealer have here in Gothenburg I thought I saw mudflaps/rockguards mounted in the rear! Its hard to see in this pic but its there. Really discrete.
Interesting, I just checked the photos on the red one they have at Exclusive cars in Stockholm, and yes, you are correct. It actually has mudflaps.

Must be on the European ones, or maybe just the swedish ones, maybe due to our climate. Well well, maybe I can use the front ones I ordered at least

BTW, OT, when you checked out the one in Gothenburg. Did you get a chance to try the recaros? In that case, how where they?
Old 01-03-2014, 04:22 PM   #26
Macina

Hehe, in the same seat here but eventually im going with wider wheels (tsw nurburgrings) so I will need a little bigger mudflaps.
Yes I got to try the recaros and they are great, I was a little concerned about me beeing a wide/big guy (120kg) but I fit perfectly in them. My girlfriend is a regular small girlfriend size and she thought they where great too! So I think they fit most people. Only thing I didn't like with them is of course that their is no SS logo stitched in to the headrest... Looks so black and empty when your used to the American pictures of them with the nice SS logo.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:39 PM   #27
MrStarhouse

Quote:
Hehe, in the same seat here but eventually im going with wider wheels (tsw nurburgrings) so I will need a little bigger mudflaps.
Yes I got to try the recaros and they are great, I was a little concerned about me beeing a wide/big guy (120kg) but I fit perfectly in them. My girlfriend is a regular small girlfriend size and she thought they where great too! So I think they fit most people. Only thing I didn't like with them is of course that their is no SS logo stitched in to the headrest... Looks so black and empty when your used to the American pictures of them with the nice SS logo.
Wheels something like theese then? ,

Nice to hear about the Recaros, I was also a little bit worried they would be to small, but your info clears that out. Im a bit smaller, but not much, so it should be great.

But I do agree about the logo, that is really to bad. And it's a bit hard to fix. I seen somewhere that at least they have "Recaro" Embossed in them, Small comfort though. I wonder what could be done.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:50 PM   #28
Macina

Yes those wheels but darker i think. Matte gunmetal, may be that color, can't really tell on that pic.
I want to come down on the wheight on the wheels and these look good and doesn't cost a fortune. Saves almost 5 kg / wheel. Dont know what to do about the seats, if you get any ideas hit me a msg!
Either way, they look awesome with or without the logo! But still, that logo..