Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-23-2010, 01:01 PM   #183
Kenster

Drives: 2LT Cyber Gray
A lot of good suggestions.

Particularly the interior lighting, adjustable lower back support, and visibility around the rear view mirror.

How about a front tag mounting below the grille that doesn't plaster it dead center? Maybe angled underneath?

And the key fob. All too many times I get to my car and the trunk's open from the fob button being pressed in my pocket. Doors are probably unknowingly unlocked too, but aren't quite as obvious.

Other than that, the car's great!
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:02 PM   #184
Victory1

Drives: 2010 RJT, 2012 Sierra 4x4, 89 RJT
Absolutely love my Camaro, but there are a few minor annoyances that could be addressed:

1) Move the cup holders back - a pain rowing those gears with a drink in the holder.
2) Larger Trunk Opening - so its easier getting golf clubs in and out
3) Illuminated light for the garage door opener - a pain trying to find in the dark
4) Greater range on the garage door opener - almost have to be directly in front
of the garage door before it senses the opener

Couple other items:

5) Sunvisors need to be a little bigger -
6) Mailslot - get rid of this. Takes away from the great lines of an awesome car.
7) Hood - make a functional opening in the back as in 69.
Victory1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #185
qwikbarton

Drives: 2002 Toyota Tundra SR5
Talking Agree with ud_lose!

CTS-V interior/performance with Camaro body is my ultimate desire, but as close as you can get for under 45K.

A couple more endorsements of others' ideas:

10. Folding side mirrors
11. Some kind of blind spot assist system

Thanks again!
qwikbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:21 PM   #186
Autobot
More than meets the eye

Drives: 2SS RS M6 06 Jetta TDI 17 Civic EXL
I would like to see...

Some have already been covered but get enough of the same one they just maybe

stock all Camaro's not an option...

Heaver coat of paint (too thin)

Electro-mechanical steering (this sheds the power steering pump, belt, hoses, weight and power robbing)

Here is what I would have liked to have either as an option or standard in the 2lt-2SS or something like that or options period regardless the trim level.

Gear options would be nice

Height adjustable passenger seat even if manually operated

User control to turn on/off skip shift they could call it sport or econo but let the driver decide

Sunglasses holder in overhead console

Ability to select to digital tachometer on nav screen (like the speedometer can be done)

One touch express close sunroof with pinch protection

Ablility to close sunroof and windows or open all windows with key in door lock i.e. turn key to right and hold closes all windows including sunroof and lock car turn to key left and hold will unlock car and lower all windows (but will not open sunroof though)

A light package option to include...
glove box, under hood, vanity mirror, foot well lighting... maybe even a walk up lighting mounted into the underside of outside mirrors
Turn signal arrow on outside mirrors like the trucks and SUV's have.

HD Radio
Multi disc in-dash or remote CD changer located in the trunk.

Maybe some kind of cup holder cover (like a roll a desk) so my elbow does not fall in while I am shifting

Last edited by Autobot; 02-23-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:34 PM   #187
BB_Yellow2010

Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99 Rally Yellow
Things I would like to see!

Short term:
Interior: Push button start & HUD would be great! But, we also need interior upgrades, better materials, color matching trim, ei. stiching, trim panels, maybe even body color matching stripes on the seats? Whatever it takes to make the interior POP, its already nice, but its just...nice, it needs WOW.

Exterior: It's almost perfect as is, maybe if anything make the vents and "mailslot" functional. Change all current chrome trim black chrome, or have a package that would do that. Also, I know its a long shot... but, T-Tops would be so seriously awesome on a 5th-gen, it's not even funny, I would have paid about $10,000 more for a T-Top!

Performance: Give us a performance package for the serious track guys, lighten up the weight, brake upgrade, wider tires/wheels etc. Z28...

Long Term: I really would like to see a lighter car, same long hood, short rear profile, "American Muscle" style with big horsepower. Also, did I mention T-Tops? I would really love to see another T-Top made one day!

Last edited by BB_Yellow2010; 02-23-2010 at 02:06 PM.
BB_Yellow2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #188
jlauber588

Drives: 2010 camaro
Like to see an exterior finish option ie. Crome or black accent package. Kina like the after market add on like the bowtie color and light accents. Also zune player support would b nice without haveing to buy the 200 dollar cable. That was one of the reasons I got the convience and connect package only to find out I needed to buy an additional cable sucked. But great never the less.
jlauber588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #189
Dboy23
2G1FB1EV7A9100028

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Hemi
- Interior Materials
- Passenger Seat (doesn't raise up)
- Availability of Parts
Old 02-23-2010, 02:01 PM   #190
rays1417

Drives: Aqua Blue 2LT w/man tran
I like most of the suggestions. I do think that most of these should be options for those that want what they want. The only thing that I would suggest is that something be done with the seat belts. When they get out of the keeper they are hard to reach and even harder to twist the belt and refasten the hold down strap without opening the door. You almost have to get out of the car to it.
That being said this is my 4th camaro. I had a 68, 75, and a 79. By far my 10 is the most fun. GM hit a home run wth this one.
rays1417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #191
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
COST

ALOT of great suggestions, really! But PLEASE (I can't stress this enough) don't add/change anything that would require a price hike!!!

I'm in extreme save mode as it is- trying to make up for my less-than-perfect FICO score, and if I can't order my 2SS next year due to price increase, I promise you I will

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:15 PM   #192
marcajrfan

Drives: 2012 crt lt 1 rs,silver stripes
Great car i love it but i'd like to see less weight, up grade in interior materials, silver blue metallic paint and more dealers that are in tune with the performance aspects of this car and other Chevy's . i loved my dealer but a lot of times i knew more about the camaro than he did. dealers can make more money and a have more of a following if they offered more upgrades (dealer installed)
Old 02-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #193
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
These are features, options, and packages that I'd like to see as soon as possible:
  1. GMPP track package
  2. GMPP supercharger kit to compete with Ford Racing
  3. availability of Synergy Green on all Camaros, like Inferno Orange
  4. USB availability on all models
  5. HUD
  6. convertible
  7. Z28

These are quality concerns that I'd like to have completely resolved:
  1. proper alignment of wrapping dash (some reports of being off by up to an inch)
  2. backup sensors (reports of them not detecting objects behind vehicle appropriately)

My most important concern, however, is that I don't have a Camaro. GM should fix this by contacting me immediately to notify me that a free Camaro will be arriving promptly.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:26 PM   #194
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
I love this car and would like to see:
-Power passenger seat
-Auto lowering mirrors for backing up
-ss/rs fog light switch
-hud would be cool
-bigger paint pallete to choose from (Seriously)
-ENGINE CHOICES, ls3-l99-lsa-ls7-lsx would make for some great personalised rides and for a larger variety of models/priceranges.
-finish dash ABL
-Radio SCREEN sucks, scratches way to easially.
-Fix those DAMN hockey stripe design. They suck because of that giant gap between the fender.
-And next time do the brochure's car colours properly, its a shame so many missed the boat on ABM because the photoshop had a slight green tinge.
-FIX zune indexing, why does the car need to index that stuff, 2000 songs is weak when you have a 120gb device with 8000+. I should not have to buy stupid ipod crap that you dont even own if you bought it. GG steve jobs, facist pig.
-More GMPP parts, and this time make them available.

Reasons I would not buy a camaro:
Ugly backup sensors that your forced to have if you want the phone/bluetooth electronics.
A big ugly nav screen would definatly seal me not buying one. This is a drivers car, not a go places letting the car tell you where to go.
Wagon wheels and rubber bands.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:43 PM   #195
SSRSMAGNACONV

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
FWIW here is my opinion

I would like to see production of the Z- 28 in the form of a convertible, for I have been awaiting to put in my order for a convertible, also if at all possible I would love a chance to be able to go tour and watch my Camaro get built and personally take delivery as it rolls out of the plant, that would be a dream come true.

If @ all possible please contact me so I can make necessary arrangements.

Thank you
Old 02-23-2010, 04:04 PM   #196
besherman

Drives: 2008 GMC Denali
Please make a Z-28 CONVERTIBLE.

--Don't worry about competing with the Corvette. The target audiences for the two cars are distinct.

--Don't detune the LSA (as has been rumored). No CTS-V owner will care if the Z-28 makes as much power.

--Don't wimp out the suspension like Ford did on the Mustang GT500 convertible. If you must, add some additional bracing so that you can offer the most aggressive Z-28 suspension.

--Build as many as you can sell. Don't do the limited production/dealer gouging crap.

--Offer a track pack. The goal should not be just ultimate grip but, instead, ultimate FUN.
besherman is offline   Reply With Quote