Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
InfernoMan2011

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 1LT
Factory Rally Stripe Dimensions...definitive answer?

I am taking my car in to have factory style rally stripes painted on this Friday and told the shop that I could provide some basic dimensions for them to work off of. However, checking back here on Camaro5 I can't seem to find the thread I ran across before where a member actually measured the dimensions of the stripes. Every other thread I have run across searching has shown variation in measurements. Can anybody link me to a thread that has the actual dimensions of the factory rallys? Or can somebody please post these dimensions? I am only looking for the measurements on the factory style stripes (not tranformers style/concept style). Any help on this is extremely appreciated.

Measurements needed:

1.) Space between hood stripes ( I have been told it's 3", 1.5" each way off center line)

2.) Width of large stripes on hood & decklid (at cowl & rear glass).

3.) Width of pinstripe outline.

4.) Space between main stripe & pinstripe (I've been told it's 1/4')

Thanks in advance for any clarification on these measurements. I'm sure this question will be asked again many times on this forum until there is a good thread will all relevant measurements..........and then it will still be asked by those who choose not to use the search function!

-infernoman2011
InfernoMan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
well I'm at work right now.....but as soon as I get home I will physically go and measure them. so you will have exact deminsions. so if you don't get your answer by 6.....I caheck back when I get home.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
organgrinder

Drives: 55 nomad
seems like there were several suppliers to gm because the gm stripes aren't even all the same....but yes the center gap is 3", back of the hood is 16.5"(outside of pinstripe), the trunk lid narrows from back window 12 5/8 down to 12 3/8(outside of pinstripe), the pinstripe is 1/4" with 1/4" gap.....hope that helps.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoMan2011 View Post
I am taking my car in to have factory style rally stripes painted on this Friday and told the shop that I could provide some basic dimensions for them to work off of. However, checking back here on Camaro5 I can't seem to find the thread I ran across before where a member actually measured the dimensions of the stripes. Every other thread I have run across searching has shown variation in measurements. Can anybody link me to a thread that has the actual dimensions of the factory rallys? Or can somebody please post these dimensions? I am only looking for the measurements on the factory style stripes (not tranformers style/concept style). Any help on this is extremely appreciated.

Measurements needed:

1.) Space between hood stripes ( I have been told it's 3", 1.5" each way off center line)

2.) Width of large stripes on hood & decklid (at cowl & rear glass).

3.) Width of pinstripe outline.

4.) Space between main stripe & pinstripe (I've been told it's 1/4')

Thanks in advance for any clarification on these measurements. I'm sure this question will be asked again many times on this forum until there is a good thread will all relevant measurements..........and then it will still be asked by those who choose not to use the search function!

-infernoman2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by organgrinder View Post
seems like there were several suppliers to gm because the gm stripes aren't even all the same....but yes the center gap is 3", back of the hood is 16.5"(outside of pinstripe), the trunk lid narrows from back window 12 5/8 down to 12 3/8(outside of pinstripe), the pinstripe is 1/4" with 1/4" gap.....hope that helps.
well ya got your answer.....
Old 08-09-2011, 12:40 AM   #5
InfernoMan2011

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 1LT
Thank you.

Thanks very much for the response on this! Car is going in Friday morning. I ended up going with a variation on the white stripes. I'm going with Frost White Pearl (similar to White Diamond Pearl on the Caddy, but a bit less silvery and more white). I will post pics next week when I pick the car up.

-infernoman2011
InfernoMan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:01 AM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

COOL!! that will look GREAT. My car is IOM w/ white Rally Strips.....and I have a Caddy what is Diamond White and have always thought about doing that.