Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-02-2009, 03:12 PM   #15
camarokev
camaro #2449

Drives: 2010 iom 2ss/rs, 03 avalanche
yea i know, im just kinda pissed that there arent many orange and blues coming off the line, and we get no explination for it!!! there has to be some kinda problem. if there was thats fine if they tell us about it!
camarokev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #16
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarokev View Post
yea i know, im just kinda pissed that there arent many orange and blues coming off the line, and we get no explination for it!!! there has to be some kinda problem. if there was thats fine if they tell us about it!
You are right Kev...It's not a hard question to answer...but they won't for some reason.

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #17
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
You are right Kev...It's not a hard question to answer...but they won't for some reason.
Who is "they"? fbodfather? I would actually be surprised if he knew the answer without having to go find out himself. And frankly these sorts of things are part of the production ramp-up and shouldn't really be a surprise.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:51 PM   #18
camarokev
camaro #2449

Drives: 2010 iom 2ss/rs, 03 avalanche
but why are they making so many black yellow and red and silver? and hardly any orange and blue, we know why no cyber grey.
camarokev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #19
Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Who is "they"? fbodfather? I would actually be surprised if he knew the answer without having to go find out himself. And frankly these sorts of things are part of the production ramp-up and shouldn't really be a surprise.
Anyone in the "know" UCF..anyone in the "Know"..you can't tell me... right? Check out the "and the ordering saga goes on and on thread"

Old 04-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #20
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
My guess...they're saving the best for last!!
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:43 AM   #21
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarokev View Post
but why are they making so many black yellow and red and silver? and hardly any orange and blue, we know why no cyber grey.
Black and silver are more popular than orange and blue. Victor red is about the same as imperial blue (much more popular than aqua blue), and yellow is about the same as orange (and aqua blue). Also, orange and aqua blue were consistantly 'love it or hate it' while nobody objected to victory red. Imperial blue? No idea whats going on there. Rally yellow? Dealers want to have Bumble Bee sitting in their showroom ...
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:25 AM   #22
Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Black and silver are more popular than orange and blue. Victor red is about the same as imperial blue (much more popular than aqua blue), and yellow is about the same as orange (and aqua blue). Also, orange and aqua blue were consistantly 'love it or hate it' while nobody objected to victory red. Imperial blue? No idea whats going on there. Rally yellow? Dealers want to have Bumble Bee sitting in their showroom ...
So ,what your saying is..is that they are building cars according to color popularity...and not by order date and dealer allocation and consensus??

Old 04-03-2009, 10:28 AM   #23
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
So ,what your saying is..is that they are building cars according to color popularity...and not by order date and dealer allocation and consensus??
Definitely not by order date. Just ask all the CGM guys! The most important thing is the supply of parts required for the various orders. Also, 95% the dealer cars were either silver, red or yellow as GM had indicated in the last IDL.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:34 AM   #24
detroitboy
Pinholic

Drives: 11 Silverado, 08 Shelby GT500 Conv.
Previous polls on this site indicated IOM as the 2nd or 3rd most popular color. As far as yellow.....they are everywhere. Look at any picture of cars in the storage lot, on transports or on the line. Yellow, yellow and more yellow, and I have yet to hear of anyone who ordered yellow complaining that their car is not getting builit, that its been at 3000 for over a month, or at 3400 for over a week. So why are IOM owners getting stiffed when its been available since day one and was never on constraint? Now that CGM is being made are they going to take even more spots away from IOM to make those?

ordered 01/19/07
3000 - 2/27/09
3400 - 3/27/09
3800 - 4/17/09 (built and lost in the vortex)
ship date ??????? (I gave up and got a GT500)
5/11/09 - order cancelled
5/27/09 - vehicle arrived at dealership for whoever bought it after me
detroitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #25
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitboy View Post
Previous polls on this site indicated IOM as the 2nd or 3rd most popular color. As far as yellow.....they are everywhere. Look at any picture of cars in the storage lot, on transports or on the line. Yellow, yellow and more yellow, and I have yet to hear of anyone who ordered yellow complaining that their car is not getting builit, that its been at 3000 for over a month, or at 3400 for over a week. So why are IOM owners getting stiffed when its been available since day one and was never on constraint? Now that CGM is being made are they going to take even more spots away from IOM to make those?
We have two members here who have their IOM orders at 3800 so don't say they aren't getting built.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:41 AM   #26
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Production will always be a mix -IBM is more popular than Rally Yellow yet they are pretty rare compared to the yellows. Production was never going to be matched perfectly to ordering date, though it should be relatively close. Buut ... doesn't it make sense that the more popular colours ordered would be the ones more commonly built? I don't know how the late addition of IBM for SS's will affect their production order. And there are dealer cars mixed in with presales. These cars will certainly be colours that are almost universally liked.

But only 1 car can roll off the line at any given moment. It can't be all colours and options at the same time. Something has to be built now, and something else later.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:57 AM   #27
Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Definitely not by order date. Just ask all the CGM guys! The most important thing is the supply of parts required for the various orders. Also, 95% the dealer cars were either silver, red or yellow as GM had indicated in the last IDL.
I see...well I was originally one of those CGM guys...and "the most Important thing is the supply of parts"?...I have been trying to get an answer on here to find out if that is the reason we are seeing no Blue SS cars yet, and nobody is saying anything.

OK here goes..My sales manager calls me last week...He tells me he does not know whats going on with the build and why we are not moving...He says to me, that he is going to make a call to his last district sales manager..who, by the way,just happens to be the Head of Camaro Marketing (John Fitzpatrick)..He asks him what the deal with Blue is..and he was told that a supplier manufactures and Paints the Fascia's for the camaro and because Blue was not originally going to be on the SS...there was a slight delay with the Blue SS fascia...He told my guy it was worked out and all was well and to hang in there...I believe this to be true...it only makes sense as to why we have not seen a Blue SS yet..and why my TPW was pushed back a month...and you know why else I believe it..Because after telling my Sales manager this...He asked my sales manager to ask ME..not to hop on here, CAMARO5...and start another OMG thread...why would he ask me that?? and I was good up till today when I read that some CGM cars are being built! Again take it for what it's worth guys....I know Scott was asked about this the other night and he said that I was Categorically wrong....well am I wrong or did my guy not understand what Mr. Fitzpatrick told him?? ..So guys..this is why I am taking this Blue SS thing personally..I originally order CGM..only to be told that if I want my spot for a March build i have to change my color..so I went to my second choice ABM...Now my build date has come and gone and still no VIN...and NOW I am seeing CGM cars being built...Do I have a right to be pissed off and looking for answers??....F ing right I do! this is some major

Old 04-03-2009, 11:12 AM   #28
Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Production will always be a mix -IBM is more popular than Rally Yellow yet they are pretty rare compared to the yellows. Production was never going to be matched perfectly to ordering date, though it should be relatively close. Buut ... doesn't it make sense that the more popular colours ordered would be the ones more commonly built? I don't know how the late addition of IBM for SS's will affect their production order. And there are dealer cars mixed in with presales. These cars will certainly be colours that are almost universally liked.

But only 1 car can roll off the line at any given moment. It can't be all colours and options at the same time. Something has to be built now, and something else later.
well according to everybody at Oshawa .."this new super flex line can paint any of the colors at any given time on the line"...So why would popularity even matter?...Oh unless they have all the parts necessary for the build..that makes sense too....Just tell us why....I know they are making Blue cars...but they are V6's...not SS's..so when I see pictures or a VIN of a Blue SS that is when I will Drop this "Crusade"..LOL