Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-21-2017, 09:35 PM   #43
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
Will the convertible have the same PTM controls as the Coupe? In the 5th gen's the convertibles didn't offer the same PTM levels.

2012 ZL1 #213 M6 Black on Black
2013 ZL1 #2638 Convertible Auto
2010 Chevrolet Suburban
2011 GMC Seirra HD Denali
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:01 PM   #44
ScottMZ3

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10, 2019 BMW X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
Will the convertible have the same PTM controls as the Coupe? In the 5th gen's the convertibles didn't offer the same PTM levels.
My understanding is no it doesn't. Since the convertible doesn't have the eLSD, it then loses the additional PTM modes. You will still have Tour, Sport, Track, Snow/Ice like all Camaros.
ScottMZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:46 AM   #45
USe-car

Drives: 2016 Corvette, 2017 Volt
Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRARI View Post
Do not use automatic car washes
Why not? I was told the same thing when I purchased my Corvette. If the car has the necessary clearance, if the tires fit in the channel, if the car wash brushes are not too harsh, then why not? I've taken the Corvette through numerous automatic car washes and nothing has happened. The Expel has not pulled off. The paint still looks fantastic. Everything is good. So, why not?
USe-car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:07 AM   #46
Mr. Meh

Drives: Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by USe-car View Post
Why not? I was told the same thing when I purchased my Corvette. If the car has the necessary clearance, if the tires fit in the channel, if the car wash brushes are not too harsh, then why not? I've taken the Corvette through numerous automatic car washes and nothing has happened. The Expel has not pulled off. The paint still looks fantastic. Everything is good. So, why not?
There's a much higher chance you'll "curb" your wheels doing this. I did that on my 2010 Camaro SS with the front wheel and that was a puny little 245 on a 8" wheel. I ran my 2016 SS through a tractor fed auto one, once. and only once. I don't want to repeat that again.

Plus, if you're marginally close on the tracks/height, do you really want to risk hundreds to thousands in repairs if you're off by 0.5" and you shatter the front splitter or jack up your wheels?

Same with tractor fed ones.. I've been down some that were stop/go and jerky when doing it and one kept bouncing my tire between the two sides of the railing.

While it's possible to do, it's recommended not to. In fact, the 1LE/ZL1 manuals actually tell you not to.
Mr. Meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 12:42 PM   #47
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Meh View Post
While it's possible to do, it's recommended not to. In fact, the 1LE/ZL1 manuals actually tell you not to.

In that case, the wheels/clearance doesn't fit.

Figured that out by going down to a local auto wash and asking to test-fit on a slow day.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:11 PM   #48
Mr. Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

In that case, the wheels/clearance doesn't fit.

Figured that out by going down to a local auto wash and asking to test-fit on a slow day.
There's a stationary auto-wash near me with one of those mini ramps on the left side with the pressure pad.. That's my limit, personally, even with clearance.. I think this one is wide enough and low enough I can get the splitter over and wheels in it.. But, I'm going to do the same, and roll up on a slow day before paying to see what's what on that.

Otherwise, it's old-school spray stalls, bucket or hand wash for me.

I messed up the lower splitter on a Corvette I had and I don't want to do that again, either.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:14 PM   #49
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
There's a stationary auto-wash near me with one of those mini ramps on the left side with the pressure pad.. That's my limit, personally, even with clearance.. I think this one is wide enough and low enough I can get the splitter over and wheels in it.. But, I'm going to do the same, and roll up on a slow day before paying to see what's what on that.

I messed up the lower splitter on a Corvette I had and I don't want to do that again, either.
I've also used the "no-touch" auto washes...usually, only in the winter, because I wasn't about to get out the sponge.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:49 PM   #50
Mr. Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I've also used the "no-touch" auto washes...usually, only in the winter, because I wasn't about to get out the sponge.
Heh.. I feel ya.. There's days where we'd both be shooting instant snow from those wands.. (not a euphemism)
Old 05-04-2017, 02:37 PM   #51
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Both of our cars wheels / tires are too wide for the track car washes. Some offer "off track" washes. Worth checking into and you get "special" treatment for a few bucks more.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:43 PM   #52
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Heh.. I feel ya.. There's days where we'd both be shooting instant snow from those wands.. (not a euphemism)
Old 05-05-2017, 12:55 PM   #53
USe-car

Drives: 2016 Corvette, 2017 Volt
Ground Clearance

Does the owner's manual list a minimum ground clearance for the car?
USe-car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:05 PM   #54
Raymondh310

Drives: 2017 ZL1 6M ,2008 Z06, 2005 SSR 6M
ZL1 Clearance

Do not have a measurement on clearance. I will say that it is much better than my 2008 Z06 which I have to crab over anything larger than a pebble....Awaiting arrival on a Curb Alert front protection system from Corvette Mods. Cheap insurance because I do not want to know what the front lip of a ZL1 costs to replace.
Raymondh310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:29 PM   #55
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:

I have never used auto car wash. I do a better job by hand anyway and it is free and I won't pull off my antenna.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:44 AM   #56
Repman

Drives: 18 Black ZL1-1LE
This is great info , I have searched to no avail. Is there 2017 ZL1 production numbers available ? by color ? By 6sp vs A10 , ect?

Sorry if I missed it but tried the search functions and have not been able to get any results .

Thanks
Repman is offline   Reply With Quote