Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 05-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
HI-HO-Silver

Drives: 2012 V6 convertable
Convertible Seal damage

Hi all, I'm New to the forum. The wife and I bought a 2012 v6 convertible Jan 1 2013! I am finding little issues. ANy one have a damaged seal behind the rear driveside window. Mine curves and sticks out after putting the top back up. I have not found any posts about this.

I compared it to the other side. The passenger side aligns nice. The canvas lays close to the edge. I am taking it into the dealership for inspection and repair tomorrow.
HI-HO-Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
There is a thread on here with pics about it. I believe it was a red car. I'm guessing it was about 5 months ago.

There is a Lubricant the dealer or you can apply that solves the problem. On my current top it has to be redone every 4 months. The tech says the stuff is expensive.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by HI-HO-Silver View Post
Hi all, I'm New to the forum. The wife and I bought a 2012 v6 convertible Jan 1 2013! I am finding little issues. ANy one have a damaged seal behind the rear driveside window. Mine curves and sticks out after putting the top back up. I have not found any posts about this.

I compared it to the other side. The passenger side aligns nice. The canvas lays close to the edge. I am taking it into the dealership for inspection and repair tomorrow.
Greetings,

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the Camaro! I'm sorry to hear about the damaged seal. Would you like me to schedule a dealer visit for an official diagnosis? Feel free to send me a message regarding this concern. Here to help.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
HI-HO-Silver

I have have attached a picture of the driverside seal and passenger side seal. The seal attached to the convertible frame has ripped. the seal attached to the edge of the tops open no longer hugs the canvas like the passenger side.
Attached Images

Old 05-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
HI-HO-Silver

Thanks for the offer. I will see how things go tomorrow morning.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #6
69supersport396
Rick

Drives: 2012 IBM RS 'Vert
Mine did this. The seal was replaced under warranty and hasn't been an issue since.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #7
HI-HO-Silver

Thanks for the response. Thats comforting to know. I dropped the car off this morning.