Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-27-2017, 05:06 PM   #71
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Thanks for the post

The problem is I dont know what the capabilities are with filler considering the damage. Maybe my expectations are too high, which is why I am asking for anyone who has before and after pics, so that way I dont accept crappy work.

The panel is not getting replaced, that has already been established, so how sharp of a body line should I expect is the question.

The adjustor said he was shocked I was having an issue with their work, he has never heard of any complaints on this shops work, eventhough theyre not a “preferred” shop He has had a lot of cars repaired there. They do a lot of high end cars, Telsa/Benz/Porsche even Rolls Royce. So maybe the body line is the best it can be? Maybe I am being too picky? I dont know, thats what I am trying to get help with asking for pics
From all appearances you should not be able to tell it was hit if they know what they are doing.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:12 PM   #72
Marty McFlew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
I did not look into a diminished value claim. I'm guessing it would have been easier for something like that if there were 2 vehicles involved and I got the information of the other guy.
Here are pics of the panel after the repair. (car is dirty)
Looks as good as new from the pics.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:17 PM   #73
Marty McFlew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Well...

I went and looked at the car, and was not satisfied, the shop offered to redo it.

They reworked the panel and could not get the metal back to the necessary angle in order to create the crisp line with the filler. He said the metal is stretched, and if they attempted ti pull it out any further would rip. They tried and left it, gave me a call to come and look.

Went in today and saw the issue, we were finally able to get a hold of the Geico Supervisor and by luck he was gonna be in the area. He came out, shop owner showed him what was going on and explained to him why the panel could not be repaired to pre accident condition and he agreed.

So, Geico is adjusting the hours for the panel to be replaced, the owner of the shop is eating the cost of the 2nd attempt, and other associated costs from the first attempt.

I should have it back in 2.5 weeks with a new quarter.

Moral of the story, if anyone ever is in this situation and stumbles upon this thread GET THE REPLACEMENT! Push for it! It will save you a lot of time and headache!!

As a result I am going to cancel Geico and go with a more reputable insurance, the Supervisor had nothing to say when the owner called him out for not calling him back over the span of 2.5 weeks.

So the adjuster just cost Gieco more money. He should have done it right the first time.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:59 PM   #74
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
So the adjuster just cost Gieco more money. He should have done it right the first time.
Thats the thing, they take the chance the consumer isnt picky and will just roll with it, didnt work this time. Everyone lost on this deal except myself I guess, besides not having my car.

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 04:14 PM   #75
Orange ss

Drives: 19 camaro19mustang72 chevelle 67pon
I'm picky as Hell..this happened yesterday.I'm thinking full panel replacement?
Attached Images

Orange ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 04:28 PM   #76
activeSS

Drives: Radiant Red SS 1LE & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange ss View Post
I'm picky as Hell..this happened yesterday.I'm thinking full panel replacement?
Absolutely.

And do yourself a favor, unlike the OP, do not use a bodyshop that is associated with the insurance company. They don't work for you.
activeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 04:48 PM   #77
Orange ss

Drives: 19 camaro19mustang72 chevelle 67pon
Quote:
Originally Posted by activeSS View Post
Absolutely.

And do yourself a favor, unlike the OP, do not use a bodyshop that is associated with the insurance company. They don't work for you.
I have usaa they will let me use the body shop of my choice. They also go by the top-rated ones in my area .hopefully everything works out ..also have some mechanical issues the Traction control light came on and the car was driving horribly after the accident.
Orange ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 06:29 PM   #78
Nilly Welson

Drives: Camaro Super Sport, Six on the Stik
Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
What's up everyone? About 3 weeks ago I was driving back to California from Oklahoma and stopped for the night in Albuquerque, NM at a hotel. When I leave in the morning I noticed someone had backed up into the driver rear quarter panel and bumper. I put in a claim with my insurance and took it to a Geico preferred body shop.
The shop they picked does the body work for a Chevy dealer near their area, so I figured it would be alright. I dropped it off on the 5th, repair estimate was 10 days and they still have it.
I have been there twice already to "pick up" the car, but haven't been satisfied with the repairs. First time the rear diffuser was replaced with a diffuser for the quad tip exhaust (I have the single tip dual), there was waves around the edge of the rear quarter panel that meets up with the bumper, the bumper and the rear quarter panel weren't flush, there was a larger gap between the rear quarter panel and the trunk on the driver side, and the biggest issue was above the wheel on the rear quarter panel (they kind of rounded out the line vs it being a well defined crease).

I was pushing for replacing the parts from the beginning, but they were confident that they could repair the damage. The adjuster and body shop pushed for a repair and I told them that I thought replacing would probably look better and avoid problems with them trying to use a bunch of filler on the panels. I gave it more thought and didn't want to open up a can of worms with replacing everything and told them they could try to repair it, but I wouldn't accept anything less than perfect.

The insurance stopped covering the rental as of Tuesday and now the body shop has picked up the tab on the rental and I'm supposed to go back on Tuesday, for the 3rd time, to pick it up. The second time I went back the quarter panel looked pretty much the same and the gap was still there on the trunk. I honestly don't have much faith in these guys getting it right and I'm wondering what my game plan should be if they dick it up again.

Here are pictures of the damage:

Any body shop who would try to fix that with putty is a true dumbass in my opinion. Probably trying to cut corners to increase the profit. Make them just replace the part even though they have a lot of time in it. Maybe it will teach them a lesson to do it right the first time.
Nilly Welson is offline   Reply With Quote