Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-18-2009, 05:21 AM   #15
Sleestack

Drives: '07 SRT8 SuperBee, '09 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
How did you go about doing the paperwork? Using a fax? Was yours a order or did they have it on hand?
They had it already in inventory. Just overnighted the paperwork each way.... easy.
Sleestack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:51 AM   #16
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Quote:
So I know the order was not submitted. I talked to another dealer today who told me that there is no such thing as being able to change priority on the orders placed, once its placed, its in line, PERIOD. When they place orders they turn the computer around and show their customers when they click SUBMIT and you walk out of there with an order number. He said if the system was down for maintenance he would NOT have even been able to build the car. He said he got me.

Am I getting screwed here?
Yes, if you don't get an order number then you're not in the GM system. The second dealer is wrong; dealers can change the priority once the initial order is submitted. All orders can be #1 if the dealer wishes, it's when the monthly allocations from GM are awarded that the dealer (usually about a month prior to production) that the dealer chooses which of his allocations to move up into the #1 spot. If the dealer does not do this (leaves them all at #1 for example), then GM will pull by submission date as long as that order matches the dealer's allocation.

It *sounds* like your dealer has your deposit but is keeping you out of the system to see if he can load above-MRSP orders first. For each one he gets, he moves you down the list. If he runs out of allocations before he gets to your MSRP-only order then you're out of luck untill the next batch of allocations in post-September.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:53 AM   #17
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
Wait 90 days and see if your dealer feels differently. If he does not go ahead and let him push you around. Your life will go on if you don't have this car today. Life support won't run out. However, the dealer absolutely MUST sell this car today if not sooner. His life depends on it. I think you are in a stronger position than you think.
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:36 AM   #18
buddy4

Drives: 04 Acura TSX
Go back to the dealer and ask for the #, if he doesnt give u one, then demand ur deposit back, and find another dealer.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:47 AM   #19
Maddtim

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible SS
It sounds like your dealer is only willing to put the order in on your car if he doesn't have a better offer. So between now and when his allocation gets pulled, it 3 people come in to buy over MSRP, YOU are screwed. If they don't, you aren't. So, do ya fell lucky? Well, do ya punk?

Have 2012 2SS/RS LS3 Convertible 45th Anniversary Edition with Hurst shifter.
Maddtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:49 AM   #20
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
So if I get an order # does that mean I'm within his allocation?
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:52 AM   #21
Saving41

Drives: IBM 1SS
Have you tried Ed Cerepak at Putnam?
Saving41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:55 AM   #22
Maddtim

Quote:
So if I get an order # does that mean I'm within his allocation?
No, it just means he placed the order. If he finds 3 suckers to go in line ahead of you BEFORE your order gets pulled, you would then be OUT of his allocation. If 2 or less people show up, the you WOULD be in his allocation. Simple as that.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:56 AM   #23
Jeanius

Yea when I asked him his allocation he got all mad so I said screw him
Old 05-18-2009, 10:56 AM   #24
Richochet83

Drives: SIM 2LT Camaro RS
I would order from another dealer period and tell them jokers to kiss my ass. I honestly believe some dealers are having fun with this whole Camaro ordering thing. Knowing that the ball is in their court they can basically do what they want with these cars. Do dealer mark-ups, sell your car to some sucker who's willing to pay above MSRP, etc...
Richochet83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #25
Jeanius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddtim View Post
No, it just means he placed the order. If he finds 3 suckers to go in line ahead of you BEFORE your order gets pulled, you would then be OUT of his allocation. If 2 or less people show up, the you WOULD be in his allocation. Simple as that.
This process is so screwed up, might as well order from someone who'd I'd be next if they acquired another allocation then
Old 05-18-2009, 11:05 AM   #26
OrangeCruSSh

Drives: 2010 Camaro/2500HD Silverado
You are being played. Go get your deposit back and order from another dealer. The fact that he told you he would take another person's order over MSRP to bump you out of the way, should tell you how much of a scam artist he is.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:05 AM   #27
Maddtim

Quote:
This process is so screwed up, might as well order from someone who'd I'd be next if they acquired another allocation then
Good luck finding them, but if you do, congrats. It sounds like to the dealer you are TRYING to order from may have unused allocations to be pulled soon. But who knows if your order will survive its place in line. Look at it this way though, at least he was up front with you about how he was doing it. Some dealers would take your order, and then move you down in line without even telling you they did it, let alone that they might. He's a crook, but at least he's not trying to pretend he isn't one.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:00 PM   #28
Jeanius

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCruSSh View Post
You are being played. Go get your deposit back and order from another dealer. The fact that he told you he would take another person's order over MSRP to bump you out of the way, should tell you how much of a scam artist he is.
does anyone know exactly how he can do this? Is it through the order priorities or would he have to just cancel mine all together and re-enter it