Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #589
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED DEMON SS View Post
Ask and Ye Shall Receive!!

Attachment 463526
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED DEMON SS View Post
Ask and Ye Shall Receive!!

You go on witcha bad self Timmy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickasswelch69 View Post
But isnt competitive mode supposed to make you stick to the road anyways?
It's supposed to control wheel spin, so you lock up faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post

Thank you Kurt, I owe you a lot!

John,
Okay, if you insist....How about a ride in that Beast you call a Camaro?...

That should just about do the trick....

Kurt ABL99...
You got it Brotha!!

Got some boxes today A little for each whip. The Tahoe along with the Iron Bull front & rear bumpers(In Route to Antidote Performance) got some new lens on all the corners. HID 4300K Halos up front & Smoked LEDs for the rear, along with a 60" LED Red & White (Reverse) Bar, and for both whips the got new custom Black Powder Coated Aluminum Diamond Plate mats. These things are SICK!!! The quality is unbelievable with exposed metal on the raised bars. Here's some more eye candy.

Tahoe Halo HIDs

Tahoe LEDs Tail Lights

Now check out these new mats, Real Diamond Plate Aluminum .050" Thick, Super Strong, yet Super Light-Weight with Glossy lettering. They WILL NOT rip, peel, dent, crack, tear, fade or smell!!!

Here's the Hoe's new mats

And for the ZLX They even have the holes cut out like the stock mats to keep locked in place, these really are SICK! Plus they go perfectly with my Matte/Glossy Black theme

Even for the rears

If anyone would like info on the Diamond Plate mats just shoot me a PM, the maker/owner Dean, is an awesome guy and is considering becoming a forum sponsor.

So obviously I DID NOT get my car back from CMS or I'd be at the Cars & Carne Asada event at Antidote Perfomance. Not because of CMS, but thanks to CMS & Ryne, he caught a couple of things that were done wrong by the dealership when installing the blower (imagine that??) & the shop that did my header install(That doesn't surprise me, considering they F**KED UP Dizzy's install, sorry for recommending them bro). I will say that when notified of the issue from the dealership, I notified SLP and they contact CMS directly and told Ryne to "send them the bill", now that's what I call service!!! To refresh, I bought the 5year/100K warranty from SLP for the Supercharger, so it really is nice to see such immediate reaction by SLP on this, so I did make the right choice. Also because of this, Ryne and Cunningham Motorsports is now a SLP Approved Installer & Repair Center, so anyone in Southern Cali that's interested in adding a Supercharger to your car, and you're worried about where to purchase, install or repair, SLP & CMS make the perfect match!

I WILL have the car back early next week. There was a forum member, SD2011SS at CMS yesterday getting a tune, and he sent me a PM asking if it was ok to snap a few pics, when I replied of course it was fine, I asked could you take a video so I could hear the car with the new cam, but unfortunately he had already left when he got my response, but in his PM he said it sounded SICK!!! Man, I can wait to get her home!!!

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #590
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Those custom mats look awesome J I really dig the color too.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #591
SolomonAKOO

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Those look bad ass!! can't wait to hear your car. So what picks you got for tomorrow? After much thought I'm taking Baltimore and San Fran. It's gonna be the Harbaugh bowl!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #592
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
Those custom mats look awesome J I really dig the color too.
Thanks P, they're really sick, the pics do no justice and WhoTF has Diamond Plate Mats!!! The guy does awesome work and when I saw them, and started talking to him about the ZLX design he git really excited about taking on the project, and then I said about the Tahoe and for that I did have like plastic diamond plate look mats, for mud & sand so these will be perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolomonAKOO View Post
Those look bad ass!! can't wait to hear your car. So what picks you got for tomorrow? After much thought I'm taking Baltimore and San Fran. It's gonna be the Harbaugh bowl!
Thanks bro, yeah I can't wait to put them in, I'll snap some pics when I do along with some video of the car with the cam.....Sorry I didn't sign on yesterday, I was in full blown football mode, so it was studying all night & morning, but I did exactly what you mentioned. SF was -4 and I bought it down to 3....Cha Ching!!! And you know I was already on Ravens, so Cha Ching!!! Had Over in ATL game & Under in NE game so it was a perfect 4-0, went 5-1 in hockey and 6-0 in hoops, it was a good day!! So that just means more mods!!!

Old 01-22-2013, 12:52 AM   #593
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

looks like someone is gettin really lucky lately
Old 01-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #594
kickasswelch69
Future Underwater Welder

Drives: 1991 Mazda B2200
Holy hell dude!! Glad that problem was caught early!

Here are the mods id do!
Exterior Mods
Zl1 Front Fascia (Gary's Customs!)
Z Force Ram Air Hood
Camaro Heritage Grille
Comp series Gen 1 Dovetail (phastek)
Havoc Rear Diffuser
Tail light black out kit
ORACLE SMD Ghosted sidemarker lights
Afterburner Tail light kit
ORACLE Color Shift Halo headlights
20 "MRR® - GT7 Matte Black Wheels
ORACLE Concept mirrors
(Any others? Give me a hand her!)

Underbody Mods
Corsa Cat Back Exhaust (Hennessey)
Hotchkis track pack suspension
HPE Custom tuning
Predator Handheld tuner
6speed manual trans carbon fiber drive shaft

Interior
A Pillar guage pod
RealWheels Billet manual trans pedal covers
ORACLE interor lighting kit
Scosche Dash Kit w/ Touch Screen
Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH touch screen GPS/ Radio
Carbon Fiber Interior Trim Kit

Perfomance
Hennessey Performance HPE 650 install
Meth kit
more to come!

Quote:
It's supposed to control wheel spin, so you lock up faster.
Well that would explain a HELLUVA lot! Im sorry, my friends a dumbass! I thought it was something like that!
https://www.mychrometheme.com/t/30bl...dbcj9g5tzfutz7

and theres your google chrome theme!

and im just curious, what does the skip shift eliminator do anyway?

Last edited by kickasswelch69; 01-22-2013 at 01:53 PM.
kickasswelch69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:43 PM   #595
Kronix

Quote:
Holy hell dude!! Glad that problem was caught early!

Here are the mods id do!
Exterior Mods
Zl1 Front Fascia (Gary's Customs!)
Z Force Ram Air Hood
Camaro Heritage Grille
Comp series Gen 1 Dovetail (phastek)
Havoc Rear Diffuser
Tail light black out kit
ORACLE SMD Ghosted sidemarker lights
Afterburner Tail light kit
ORACLE Color Shift Halo headlights
20 "MRR® - GT7 Matte Black Wheels
ORACLE Concept mirrors
(Any others? Give me a hand her!)

Underbody Mods
Corsa Cat Back Exhaust (Hennessey)
Hotchkis track pack suspension
HPE Custom tuning
Predator Handheld tuner
6speed manual trans carbon fiber drive shaft

Interior
A Pillar guage pod
RealWheels Billet manual trans pedal covers
ORACLE interor lighting kit
Scosche Dash Kit w/ Touch Screen
Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH touch screen GPS/ Radio
Carbon Fiber Interior Trim Kit

Perfomance
Hennessey Performance HPE 650 install
Meth kit
more to come!

Well that would explain a HELLUVA lot! Im sorry, my friends a dumbass! I thought it was something like that!
https://www.mychrometheme.com/t/30bl...dbcj9g5tzfutz7

and theres your google chrome theme!

and im just curious, what does the skip shift eliminator do anyway?
Skip shift is a simple bolt on, but you just have to lift the car. To conserve fuel, GM put a feature (more like a hindrance) that when you're going under 20mph in first and go to shift it blocks 2 & 3 rd gear and takes you to fourth. It's a real pain in the ass, and one of the first things I did and for how cheap it is, the one of the best mods done. I like your list, but forget the Predator Handheld and just find a good tuner. You're going to need it, especially if you add Meth. A good tuner is a life saver, and an engine saver and can work miracles pulling out all the power of your engine in the safest way possible. Handhelds are very basic. I even had my Tahoe tuned and it's 440+ RWHP and flys and it has a 6" lift. That's the only thing I can see changing on your list.

Quote:
looks like someone is gettin really lucky lately
Yeah had a good weekend in sports, so mods are on the book

Old 01-24-2013, 12:31 AM   #596
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

i think i'm gonna start gambling soon
Old 01-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #597
kickasswelch69
Future Underwater Welder

Drives: 1991 Mazda B2200
Quote:
Skip shift is a simple bolt on, but you just have to lift the car. To conserve fuel, GM put a feature (more like a hindrance) that when you're going under 20mph in first and go to shift it blocks 2 & 3 rd gear and takes you to fourth. It's a real pain in the ass, and one of the first things I did and for how cheap it is, the one of the best mods done. I like your list, but forget the Predator Handheld and just find a good tuner. You're going to need it, especially if you add Meth. A good tuner is a life saver, and an engine saver and can work miracles pulling out all the power of your engine in the safest way possible. Handhelds are very basic. I even had my Tahoe tuned and it's 440+ RWHP and flys and it has a 6" lift. That's the only thing I can see changing on your list.
Ok! Sweet! I was thinking about the superchips VIVID tuner anyways. and the Aeromotive A1000 Fuel pump. looks like ill be the only one with the MRR Wheels. I noticed those are the EXACT same as the Giovanna Kilis. but dished! God i cant wait!!!!
kickasswelch69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #598
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

To J any updates of your ride?
Old 01-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #599
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Quote:
Ok! Sweet! I was thinking about the superchips VIVID tuner anyways. and the Aeromotive A1000 Fuel pump. looks like ill be the only one with the MRR Wheels. I noticed those are the EXACT same as the Giovanna Kilis. but dished! God i cant wait!!!!
Don't go with the Aeromotive pump. It's a big pile of shit. Chose a different system like ADM's twin pump system, or even the ZL1 pump WITH the ADM electronics controller along side it.

This will save you many headaches, lol .

Kronix, I can't for you to get your car back homeslice. Good luck. It seems like the guys at CMS are taking care of you, as any good shop would and should.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #600
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s
Quote:
Now check out these new mats, Real Diamond Plate Aluminum .050" Thick, Super Strong, yet Super Light-Weight with Glossy lettering. They WILL NOT rip, peel, dent, crack, tear, fade or smell!!!

Here's the Hoe's new mats

And for the ZLX They even have the holes cut out like the stock mats to keep locked in place, these really are SICK! Plus they go perfectly with my Matte/Glossy Black theme

Even for the rears

If anyone would like info on the Diamond Plate mats just shoot me a PM, the maker/owner Dean, is an awesome guy and is considering becoming a forum sponsor.
you took my great idea but made it better !!!!!!!! these look great brotha, great job always thinking like a true HT member
Old 01-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #601
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Car keeps looking better and better .
Old 01-25-2013, 05:18 AM   #602
Kronix

Quote:
Bro, just like what Tommy said below about the pump, forget that Aeromotive, too many negative things about them. Go with the ZL1 Fuel pump ($265) & the ADM Fuel Pressure Module (roughly $175) and you're good to beyond the ZL1 rated pump of 650 RWHP. That's the route I went with ID850cc Injectors and there's more than enough fuel throughout the powerband. One thing you don't skimp on is sending fuel to the engine or else you'll be fuel starved at certain RPMs. I checked the HPE 650 package, and it's basically the TVS2300 SC system and then they add bells & whistles. Have you priced it out? Because usually with stuff like that it's overpriced with all the mats, badging, headrest etc...Money that can be spent elsewhere to keep your firmly planted to the ground. So before you pull the trigger understand that it's probably a $20K upgrade if not more, and that has a lot to do with the Henny name, but it's a Maggie TVS SC which can be had for about $6K & change. Forget handheld tuners period, when you go with that power you're looking for and then add Meth, you need a tuner, a hand held will not get the most out of your car. You'll use it for clearing codes, trust me on this. I forget where you located since I can't see it from the reply screen, but I'm sure we can find you a great tuner to establish a good rep with. Kronix Kustomz does is no other way So when you're ready to pulled the trigger, let me know.

Quote:
To J any updates of your ride?
It should be done tomorrow (Friday) well actually later today. I spoke with Ryne today as he was driving his new 1LE back from San Fran, and as I told you and a few others on here can attest to, he's a perfectionist and you want that in a tuner/engine builder. It seems my JRE Super tensioner would throw the belt when on the dyno, when it would snap back only on certain situations. There's 2 other cars on the forum with similar mods and also CMS customers, and they're using the stock tensioner, but know I dropped $300+ on the JRE one he was determined to make it work, since he had several discussions with Ted during the time it's been there. He shimmed the pulled out about 2mm and problem solved! Or else I would've just gone 8 rib all around, so that saved me about $800. I can't emphasize enough why it's so critical to have a great tuner. So he's calling me in the morning, and I'll probably make arrangements to pick up Saturday or Monday. Keep in mind, the car had the dealership install the Maggie, Extreme Auto Works in Central Cali, and third shop here in Hermosa Beach do the OD Cog & headers, so I wanted CMS to go over the car piece by piece and correct any mistakes and just get to know the car, because they're are the only shop that will ever touch it again because of their reputation working on LS motors, and I emphasized from Day 1 no rush job please. I guess because it's not my DD, and I wanted to go all out with it, that's helped my patience level, especially after I added up all my receipts and saw I could've bought a new ZR1, not ZL1, but new ZR1 Vette. But it's paid off, because I'm 100% confident in Ryne's work and we've built a great friendship in the last month. The dyno numbers he told he achieved just blew me away, as you can tell I had to change my sig, and I'll post them up when I receive them, plus it's a 100% safe & warranted through SLP which is just huge to me, and CMS has now become an authorized SLP install & repair facility because of my car. When you're at that power level, every little thing makes a huge difference, so it really does pay to have someone that cares as much for my car as I do. But the wait is over & the Beast will be unleashed very soon, and I'll be sure to take videos of quite a few different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Don't go with the Aeromotive pump. It's a big pile of shit. Chose a different system like ADM's twin pump system, or even the ZL1 pump WITH the ADM electronics controller along side it.

This will save you many headaches, lol .

Kronix, I can't for you to get your car back homeslice. Good luck. It seems like the guys at CMS are taking care of you, as any good shop would and should.
Couldn't agree more Tommy with your comments on the fuel pump, it's one of the most over looked items on your car and as your HP increases sometimes you forget that you need to upgrade that & injectors, can you do it half-assed or do it right, I always choose the latter. Finding CMS, although I knew of his reputation, and driving the 85 miles to him has been the best choice I've made pertaining to the car, period. And that's why I emphasized with KickAssWelch the importance of a good tuner. Example, the Maggie is supposed to be torqued to a certain number and they found the dealership didn't do it correctly, it's little things like that, that impress me and make my confidence rise knowing I picked the right shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
you took my great idea but made it better !!!!!!!! these look great brotha, great job always thinking like a true HT member
I knew you'd dig the mats Leo, since you have something similar.The craftsmanship on these mats it simply top notch, Dean the owner is another perfectionist & very creative person, and he's actually looking into becoming a forum sponsor. So anybody who wants some kick ass, unique mats, Dean's your man! Aside from the skins for the seats, and I was playing on Katzakin's site last night, I believe I'm done, aside from a few Showstopper pieces I have waiting to be installed by me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frid View Post
Car keeps looking better and better .
Frid, thanks so much for the compliments! I tried to do it right the first time,as to not backtrack. That's why I emphasized with Pierre about doing his suspension at once, money permitting. Dropping suspension parts to add aftermarket parts, gives you access to other items you'll need or want to add in the future, so it just makes sense to do it.

It's always been my main goal in building a Camaro that stands out from the crowd, and I think that's been accomplished and I dedicated this car to my best friend of 35 years, Timmy Mitchell who passed away in his sleep on 7/26/12 at 45 years of age from High Blood Pressure & Coronary Artery Disease. Growing up I had my Chevy Z28, Iroc & Vette & he had a Screaming Eagle Trans Am, a sweet older Barracuda, and a Pontiac GTA. So we've always been car nuts & speed freaks, and I have a small urn with some of his remains that will always ride with me. I've learned that losing someone that close is extremely difficult, but he taught me to live everyday with a smile & that life is short so enjoy it. He'll always be my co-pilot

So on that note, I should have my car back and I intend to use my GoPro camera and do some nice videos, along with videos of the new cam & engine walk a bouts. The only thing I can see in the horizon is a local paint/customization shop has offered me a sponsorship as I'd like to get a custom paint job, so I have to bring the car over to them when I have it back, as well as contact the editor of 2 well know magazines about running a feature on the car, we'll see if they're serious. Thanks for all the support and motivation to keep making it the best, it's a tough crowd here and it's kept me on my toes, thanks again!!

And in case you forgot what SSYNSTR looked like, I'll leave you with these....
Attached Images

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx