Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-09-2010, 09:18 AM   #43
TinyToasta

Drives: way too fast....
Has anybody of the Maggie-fied Camaros out there experienced any issues around having an old OS ECM version and a TVS2300?

Here's the thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119099

Seems to me like a Whipple issue, and not necessarily applicable to TVS builds.... but it leaves me worried now, as mine seems to be one of the older "hags" around

can somebody chime in on this topic?
CTS-V Brake upgrade, Street: 22'' Vossen CV1, Strip: 18'' Forgestar F14 on MT Street Radials
TinyToasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:31 AM   #44
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyToasta View Post
Has anybody of the Maggie-fied Camaros out there experienced any issues around having an old OS ECM version and a TVS2300?

Here's the thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119099

Seems to me like a Whipple issue, and not necessarily applicable to TVS builds.... but it leaves me worried now, as mine seems to be one of the older "hags" around

can somebody chime in on this topic?

I've had the Maggie on the car for almost a year and a half so I'd bet I have the older OS system and my car has always been fine. Not sure if Ted is able to update mine, or has.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:58 AM   #45
TinyToasta

Long time, no hear

Hell, that was and still is a pita to get all of that stuff together, if your living across the great pond
But the support here is just amazing especially when it comes to some of the sponsors here around - you guys rule

Anyway, things have been moving, the set-up is complete and on it's way, if all goes well Maggie's gonna come onboard within the next 2 weeks, so it's all about the good old waiting game....

Thanks for all the great help I've found here!

Still being puzzled about where and how to install the MSD Booster, I'm pretty sure this is gonna be a breeze at the end and everything will be golden!

We'll see how this thing goes on a German Autobahn, I'm pretty darn optimistic it's gonna be awesome.

Keep you posted!
CTS-V Brake upgrade, Street: 22'' Vossen CV1, Strip: 18'' Forgestar F14 on MT Street Radials
Old 01-14-2011, 12:38 PM   #46
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
You may want to consider a Roto-fab intake for your Maggie. Many tuners have done their own testing and choose our intake for all of their S/C cars.

Hey! That engine bay looks awfully familiar!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #47
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Long time, no hear

Hell, that was and still is a pita to get all of that stuff together, if your living across the great pond
But the support here is just amazing especially when it comes to some of the sponsors here around - you guys rule

Anyway, things have been moving, the set-up is complete and on it's way, if all goes well Maggie's gonna come onboard within the next 2 weeks, so it's all about the good old waiting game....

Thanks for all the great help I've found here!

Still being puzzled about where and how to install the MSD Booster, I'm pretty sure this is gonna be a breeze at the end and everything will be golden!

We'll see how this thing goes on a German Autobahn, I'm pretty darn optimistic it's gonna be awesome.

Keep you posted!

The boost-a-pump fits nicely in the trunk behind one of the trunk panels and connects directly to the battery for power. You don't even know it's there once installed.

I have almost the exact set up you are talking about and I'm planning to add a cam this spring. I will let my tuner decide if I need a second fuel pump or not once the cam goes in.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #48
TinyToasta

Finally things have been progressing lately

Supercharger came on this week, another one got blown

Only the charger for now, but all the other mods are already in the pipeline and will be mounted shortly.

Still there are some things left to sort out, like how the ADM Gauges and the MSD BAP are supposed to share one vacuum line...

but for now: it's maiden voyage time!
Old 02-18-2011, 03:38 PM   #49
Jon@MagnaCharger

Drives: Anything Supercharged
Quote:
Still there are some things left to sort out, like how the ADM Gauges and the MSD BAP are supposed to share one vacuum line...
Not a big deal. Get yourself a vacuum "T" fitting from the local auto parts store.

Jon@MagnaCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #50
TinyToasta

I almost knew that it's that easy

Thanks for chiming in! Although the local store, is not as local as you might think, we're talking Germany here... but it looks like a pretty standard fitting, so no worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@MagnaCharger View Post
Not a big deal. Get yourself a vacuum "T" fitting from the local auto parts store.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #51
TinyToasta

alright then...

just fyi: maggie has passed the 350 miles Autobahn torture benchmark flawlessly.

Im speechless - awesome - simply awesome
Old 03-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #52
TinyToasta

Does anyone around here have some experience as to how the MSD Fuel Voltage Booster should be programmed/set-up first time to support the fuel delivery sufficiently? What kind of add. fuel pump voltage should be set in relation to boost?

Might again be a noob-ish question, but I was not able to find supporting documentation around here nor through the web at all

http://www.msdignition.com/product.a...816&terms=2351