Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Suspension / Chassis / Brakes

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:22 PM   #85
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-redfly View Post
Yea they should be good then. I just love how massive the ZL1 rotor is. I never imagined getting them until this post and I seen the amazon price. I'm gonna wait 2 weeks before I purchase the rotors. I ordered the 6 piston calipers, pins, and pads to get that out the way, now I gotta make a decision on rotors

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
I called them and they said they should fit, but they don't have any in stock whatsoever for any of their front rotor styles. Need to check around and see if another re seller has any since she told me the wait could be over a month.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:40 PM   #86
C-redfly

Drives: 2013 VR vert ZL1
[QUOTE=Powhusku;7548256]I called them and they said they should fit, but they don't have any in stock whatsoever for any of their front rotor styles. Need to check around and see if another re seller has any since she told me the wait could be over a month.[/QUOTE

Hopefully you can find similar ones around the same price

C-redfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:50 PM   #87
Powhusku

[QUOTE=C-redfly;7548317]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powhusku View Post
I called them and they said they should fit, but they don't have any in stock whatsoever for any of their front rotor styles. Need to check around and see if another re seller has any since she told me the wait could be over a month.[/QUOTE

Hopefully you can find similar ones around the same price

I couldnt find any other than some on rotorsonline.com and they didn't offer a warranty longer than 1 year so I'll just have to get the Brake Performance ones and hope they get some soon.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:56 PM   #88
Powhusku

Just got a call from Brake Performance. Apparently they do have the rotors. I think the woman I talked to was mixed up. The person I spoke to on the phone today said they just didn't have front brake pads for the CTS-V rotors (they come with a free set of brake pads), but did have the rotors so they're just going to ship me two sets of rear pads, I already have some hawk pads so I'll just sell them anyways.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:01 PM   #89
C-redfly

Ohhh that's great news. I can't wait to see some pics

Old 04-03-2014, 03:05 PM   #90
Powhusku

Quote:
Ohhh that's great news. I can't wait to see some pics

I'll definitely post some once I get them on. The woman on the phone said they were the same size as the cts-v 1-piece rotors, so now I need to double check and make sure that they'll fit. Don't want to be ready to put them on only to find they have a different hub fitment or something and spend $60 on shipping to return them.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #91
C-redfly

Quote:
I'll definitely post some once I get them on. The woman on the phone said they were the same size as the cts-v 1-piece rotors, so now I need to double check and make sure that they'll fit. Don't want to be ready to put them on only to find they have a different hub fitment or something and spend $60 on shipping to return them.
If it's oem cts v size then there shouldn't be any fitment issues

Old 04-03-2014, 04:43 PM   #92
Powhusku

Quote:
If it's oem cts v size then there shouldn't be any fitment issues

I hope you're right. Just a little anxious since I'm probably the first guy to do this with these rotors. I spent hours yesterday looking and found 3 companies that had rotors that weren't just factory replacements. I'm really surprised there aren't any companies making these yet for the ZL1 besides RacingBrake.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #93
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
There are other options look for zl1 and cts-v rotors on the web and you see R1 Concepts, Centric, DBA and others make rotors.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:39 PM   #94
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
What shipping did you guys get from Amazon. I left it with the free shipping option, since it's the same as standard. I hope it doesn't take forever. I ordered two days ago and they haven't at least shipped them out yet

Amazon Prime!

The one caliper in stock was at my house the next day.

OE Brembo pads and the stainless lines for me.

This is the best Camaro brake thread ever!!!

Wondering too how the cheaper pads will do.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:04 PM   #95
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Amazon Prime!

The one caliper in stock was at my house the next day.

OE Brembo pads and the stainless lines for me.

This is the best Camaro brake thread ever!!!

Wondering too how the cheaper pads will do.
I ordered the OEM pads and received them today.......The pictures do not do them justice as far as how different the material is betweern the OEM pads and the AC Delco pads

I have received data in regards to the factory pads temp ranges from testing at GM and will share what I can later....

Finally, I am using the Silver CTS-V rear calipers to match the front and they ARE NOT a direct bolt on. Both the GEN1 and GEN2 calipers require modifications to use. I KNOW "but everyone says they bolt on" They are all wrong as a modification is need to both to use.

I ordered both sets-to view/confirm the differences....I will post a separate thread about the calipers, differences and mods that need to be made to use them.

-Matt
Old 04-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #96
Powhusku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
I ordered the OEM pads and received them today.......The pictures do not do them justice as far as how different the material is betweern the OEM pads and the AC Delco pads

I have received data in regards to the factory pads temp ranges from testing at GM and will share what I can later....

Finally, I am using the Silver CTS-V rear calipers to match the front and they ARE NOT a direct bolt on. Both the GEN1 and GEN2 calipers require modifications to use. I KNOW "but everyone says they bolt on" They are all wrong as a modification is need to both to use.

I ordered both sets-to view/confirm the differences....I will post a separate thread about the calipers, differences and mods that need to be made to use them.

-Matt
You might do better to just return them for a refund. The rear ones are the same as the stock ones on any SS/1LE. Just take your stock ones and paint them to match the fronts. It'll save you money and you can do whatever color you want.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:53 PM   #97
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
You might do better to just return them for a refund. The rear ones are the same as the stock ones on any SS/1LE. Just take your stock ones and paint them to match the fronts. It'll save you money and you can do whatever color you want.
I already sold the stock ones so someone could have a matching set.....and I didn't want to paint a brand new caliper.. (yes I am particular).

Correct, the GEN2 V are the same caliper as the SS/1LE and ZL1, however the bleeders and crossover tubes must be swapped top to bottom so it is not a "direct" bolt on. GEN1 V caliper orientation is correct left to right....but they must be notch to clear the rear e-brake shield to work.

Matt

Last edited by Dropspeed; 04-07-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Dropspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:40 PM   #98
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Are you talking about the AC delco OEM pad or the AC Delco Durastop pads? Earlier you said you bought the durastop pads for $50 no the OEM pad for $175, I just want to clarify which pads you are talking about.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote