Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-18-2014, 07:28 AM   #1
rimhof

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Xpel

I am considering getting Xpel put on my bright red SS daily driver. It would be on the front bumper, headlights, mirrors, and partially on the hood. Would the line be noticeable on the hood and does anyone have pictures of what it looks like on theirs?
rimhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:10 PM   #2
rimhof

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Anyone? Also, how would Xpel work with the black satin stripes?
rimhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:01 PM   #3
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimhof View Post
Anyone? Also, how would Xpel work with the black satin stripes?
My pictures are not very clear, I have a black car. Mine looks fine, but no stripes. For a couple of seams you will notice, you cannot beat the protection. Best thing you can do for the car.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:23 PM   #4
Xii239

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Black Camaro
I have XPEL on the whole front of my car up to the doors and I have the extended rockers done too. Full hood (I did not like the line across the hood, I think it is very noticeable). After about 5 months of wear on it as my daily driver (put about 7000 miles on it since I put on the XPEL), the front is pretty beat up. It has rips and chips in it from driving on the highway everyday for my work commute. For how expensive it was I thought it would have better protection. Yes, there aren't any swirls marks and yes my rockers aren't peppered from rock chips, but it cost me about $1800 and I figured I would have gotten better protection out of it. If I knew now what I knew then, I probably wouldn't have gotten it. I know that I could have the front fascia repainted for about the same price that the XPEL was for JUST the front fascia.
Xii239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:00 PM   #5
ichriscamaro
BlueDiamond

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE RRM
I did my full front with XPEL for 600, hood is already protected with the 1LE wrap, I used the 3M clear paint defender (20 bucks 1 can) for the gills area, and bought some splash guards for all four corners for 60- dollars. That's my setup!
ichriscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 07:20 PM   #6
67RS2010SS

Drives: Maroon 67 rs and CRT 2012 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimhof View Post
I am considering getting Xpel put on my bright red SS daily driver. It would be on the front bumper, headlights, mirrors, and partially on the hood. Would the line be noticeable on the hood and does anyone have pictures of what it looks like on theirs?
The line would be noticeable on the hood. It will most likely make your satin stripes have a sheen. I had the front of my 2010 SS done and the cut the xpel around the stripe it was virtually invisible. I would highly recommend it, but I would do the entire hood to avoid the line. How it holds up is entirely dependent on how you maintain your car. And remember you get what you pay for, go to a reputable shop for installation.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:26 PM   #7
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
I have XPel on all front facing surfaces of my RRM 2014 1LE. Front facia, front part of fenders, mirrors, headlights, A-pillars, front 6 inches of the roof, rockers and Gils area. Lots covered! But love it! The main material is shiny, but they do make a satin finish Xpel material too. We tried that on my matte black 1LE hood, but I did not like it, so we did not apply it. The Xpel will really save the paint! One of my wisest mods! Even where I have seams on the fender tops and roof, I have to point them out or people would not notice them.
Attached Images

Kendall421 is offline   Reply With Quote