Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
oldag92

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS - SIM
Anyone have SIM with black cowl stripes?

My car goes to the stripe guy Monday, and I am waffling on which stripes to to put on it. I had originally told him to do the gloss black rally stripes, which I still love, but now that I've had the car a couple days, I am really appreciating how clean the SIM color is, and how the lines of this car really "pop" in that color. It is making me wonder if the full rally stripes might take away from the look a little bit, and if something a little more subtle like the cowl stripes would still add the nice black accent, but look better overall.

Opinions? Pics? I have searched for pics of the cowl stripes on a SIM car, but other than one overhead view, I can't find any.

Decisions, decisions...
oldag92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:21 AM   #2
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
I'm going with Cyber Gray Metallic rally stripes
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:08 PM   #3
DMAX

Drives: 01 silverado 2010 2SS/RS Sim
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldag92 View Post
My car goes to the stripe guy Monday, and I am waffling on which stripes to to put on it. I had originally told him to do the gloss black rally stripes, which I still love, but now that I've had the car a couple days, I am really appreciating how clean the SIM color is, and how the lines of this car really "pop" in that color. It is making me wonder if the full rally stripes might take away from the look a little bit, and if something a little more subtle like the cowl stripes would still add the nice black accent, but look better overall.

Opinions? Pics? I have searched for pics of the cowl stripes on a SIM car, but other than one overhead view, I can't find any.

Decisions, decisions...
I had my car for two weeks before the stripes went on and I was feeling the same as you I loved the look without stripes and almost did not have them put on , but I paid for them so I had them put on knowing I could pull them off if didn't like the look but I think they look awesome .
Attached Images

DMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:13 PM   #4
hb-rocks

Drives: Chevy
You say searched for SIM with black rally stripes and couldn't find any?
You might want to upgrade your version of the internet if it's that bad broke.
hb-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:15 PM   #5
oldag92

I said I searched the internet for an SIM car with cowl stripes and couldn't find anything but one overhead shot
Old 07-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #6
hb-rocks

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldag92 View Post
I said I searched the internet for an SIM car with cowl stripes and couldn't find anything but one overhead shot
I'm sorry but whenever I read a thread that starts with...
"I SEARCHED BUT FAILED"...
Just shouts the opposite probably happened.....
Sorry if I sounded crabby!

Here.....Did you look through this whole thread?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5216

hb-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:01 PM   #7
oldag92

Yes, I've searched that whole thread several times, and there isn't a single picture of a SIM w/cowl stripes...in black or any other color. Several with rally stripes, a couple with bumblebee style, and one with the hood/hockey stripe. But none with just the cowl stripes (also called hood spears by some companies)

So no...my "shipment of fail" has not arrived
Old 07-05-2009, 08:53 AM   #8
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
SIM with Hood Spears / Trunk Blackout in Dark Charcoal

Here's pics of my SIM with http://www.ridergraphix.com/ Dark Charcoal Metallic Hood Spears and Trunk Blackout (I didn't have the brake light pieces put on - didn't look that great to me), along with the defenderworx brushed aluminum fuel door http://www.defenderworx.com/index.ph...d=28&Itemid=22 and purchased from Tim @ http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Addicted-Auto-Accessories.

I went with the Dark Charcoal Metallic as I thought they'd compliment the SIM a bit better than just black - a matter of choice...

Brian at RiderGraphix spoke live to my installer to help ensure the hood spears and trunk blackout were installed properly - I appreciate his customer service and his products look great in-person - I don't think the pictures do the stripes justice...

I still need to put on the "RS" trunk emblem on the hood spears - they're on order - and the '67 Camaro V-flags below the "Camaro" on the fender. Will post when those are done.
Attached Images

#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:10 AM   #9
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Cool..wondering how that would look on that car(same model ordered..)
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote