Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #141
YouseeSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 SIM
I have caught a little flack from people thinking I am trying to cash in on this. All I want is an extended warranty but GM said it's not going to happen. Extended warranty makes sense considering who knows how the car was driven all those miles. What's worse is when fixing the chipped paint under the spoiler issue, they got over spay on my previously painted stripes. The stripes had no clear coat on them becuase they sanded them to clear the whole deck lid when finished with the spoiler area. Needless to say, they cleared right over the over sray and the stripes were ruined. Another dealers painter re did the stripes and as you can see did a terrible job. These were just a few areas i got pix of. I plan on taking it back but I may be pushing my luck. UHGGGGG!
Attached Images

Old 05-07-2011, 01:49 PM   #142
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
In Texas we can have guns in our car, try that lol, NOT LOADED of course but how funny would it be for a tech to get in your ride, realize something is in the seat or side of it then find out it's a 44 magnum. . . . hmm wonder how many miles they'd put on your car then lol. (DISCLAIMER: I'm joking of course!)
Old 05-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #143
Camaro in Europe

Drives: 2011 1SS RS
if they dont make it right with you, call GM and complain, They will start jumping through hoops. My dealship didnt want to fix a problem with my car until I called GM and started raising hell, Then they were kissing my butt and making me feel like I was the only person who mattered.
Camaro in Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #144
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro in Europe View Post
if they dont make it right with you, call GM and complain, They will start jumping through hoops. My dealship didnt want to fix a problem with my car until I called GM and started raising hell, Then they were kissing my butt and making me feel like I was the only person who mattered.

He did call GM and they told him to fight it out with the dealer.
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #145
Cristoff

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS in Red Jewel
GM cannot just "extend" your warranty, nor should they.

GM had nothing to do with the independently owned dealership's actions and can't be held responsible for them.

The issue you have is with the dealer and needs to be handled through the General Manager or Owner.

If one of my service techs or advisors did that without consulting the owner, I would cough up 3 oil services and probably send a nice bottle of wine or a gift basket as an apology.

If you are unreasonable about your expectations on this or go in simply demanding stuff like some posters have suggested, expect a whole lot of nothing from the dealership.

Just my 2 cents from a General Sales Manager of a dealership that cares about his clients.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:06 AM   #146
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
What you need to do is this. Contact the dealer manager/ownr or whoever is in charge of the dealer, screw the service manager go above him. Once you make contact request a formal sitdown meeting with him, the service manager and the employee who put the miles on your car. Once all together you can begin asking what, when, where and why. Chances are the dealer manager has no idea what is even going on. And yes the guy who put the miles on your car has to be at that meeting.
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:53 PM   #147
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
YouseeSS, could you send me your case number so I can take a look at it and possibly forward it to one of my higher ups? Thank you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:56 PM   #148
YouseeSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
YouseeSS, could you send me your case number so I can take a look at it and possibly forward it to one of my higher ups? Thank you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Yes, I will get it to you later today when I get home.
Thank you.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:03 PM   #149
scottyvegas
X SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRSM6 1988 Sportside
I was a service consultant for Chevrolet for many years.......Someone (lot boy) was defiantly driving your ride.......I would be pissed too!!!
MODS: PEDDERS XA COIL OVERS, STAGE 3 CAM, McLEOD CLUTCH, SKIP SHIFT, , HURST SHORT THROW, CAI INTAKE, SCOOP, WASHER RELO KIT, KOOKS HEADERS, KOOKS HI FLOW CATS, CUSTOM TUNE, QTP CUT OUTS, PAINTED STRIPES, PAINTED SS EMBLEMS, PAINTED FIN, PAINTED REAR TAIL LAMP BEZELS, HERITAGE GRILLE, DUCTS, AAC STUFF, BAER ROTORS, HAWK PADS, FUZZY DICE, LASER BEAMS, DISCO BALL, SYBIAN & 3 CHROME VALVE STEM CAPS................
scottyvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:11 PM   #150
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
It takes me 20-30 min to get to work each day and it takes me about 4 days to put 60 miles on my car. I'd be pissed. Keep us posted.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:19 PM   #151
blizzpat
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS
This could be some good publicity for GM if they handle it right.........
blizzpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #152
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
This is why I always rest my trip1 when taking leaving the car for an oil change, service, etc.

UT-Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote