Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 09-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Washinton road building

I would like to know what is wrong with Washindton. They rebuild 112 to 4 lanes with a left/right turn lane. They go as far as 17th st sw. and stop. At 14th st pi sw it is 4 lane with a left/right turn lane. Now there is bottle neck for about 1200ft. They should have did that section also while they was doing the other section.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Welcome to Washington Caddy! Where road planning doesn't exist and construction never ends!
Old 09-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
Caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
Welcome to Washington Caddy! Where road planning doesn't exist and construction never ends!
I been here for 6 years now. I am Originally from Mich. Here they take good care of the roads and some cases to good. They repaved 224 and in my opinion it did not need repaving. In Mich not so much in repairs. Roads are rough. In Mich you will have the freeze unfreeze cycles which is not good for roads.
They took almost 6 months to to add a left hand tun lane. In Mich that would taken about 4 to 6 weeks.

Last edited by Caddyroger; 09-21-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Caddyroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #4
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
I been here for 6 years now. I am Originally form Mich. Here they take good care of the roads and some cases to good. They repaved 224 and in my opinion it did not need repaving. In Mich not so much in repairs. Roads are rough. In Mich you will have the freeze unfreeze cycles which is not good for roads.
They took almost 6 months to to add a left hand tun lane. In Mich that would taken about 4 to 6 weeks.
My hubby, With Envy, is from Mich also! We have had this conversation many times! We'll go back for a visit and he'll go wasn't there a farm house here where this freeway is now?
We can grow houses every time it rains here, but roads???? I still haven't figured it out and we have been here for 21 years!
We sooooo feel your frustration!

Old 09-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #5
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I'm convinced that all the road and city planners around here are jacked up on some good stuff, and they aren't sharing!
Old 09-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #6
M3NTA7

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Transformer Edition
We are always seeing roads that don't need re-paving being re-paved. Seems like a huge waste of our money.
M3NTA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:07 PM   #7
Caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3NTA7 View Post
We are always seeing roads that don't need re-paving being re-paved. Seems like a huge waste of our money.
In Mich it the opposite. There was one road that patches on patch none of the original was left. It was a main county road.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #8
Prime Time

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT
I was out there in bremerton a couple of days ago and got off of hw 16 i think to get to kit sap fire rescue. I had to go through a construction site and freaking it caught me by surprise that the road was unpaved, rocky, gravel, bumps. I was doing off roading in my camaro for 5 mins. People looking at me like "wtf, i would not have my camaro in that situation"
Prime Time is offline   Reply With Quote