Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #16
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
lol, amen brother
Old 08-12-2010, 12:18 AM   #17
harmonicator
Super Lead Plexi

Drives: "Elvira" 2010 Blk Camaro 3SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMARU View Post
No rain here in Cali.
Not unless it's me...then it rains bees..lol

OP, I know your frustration all too well.

hang in there, enjoy the car regardless
Old 08-12-2010, 12:29 AM   #18
Kycamaross
RED JEWEL inthe BLUEGRASS

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 01 S-10 Xtreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonicator View Post
Not unless it's me...then it rains bees..lol

OP, I know your frustration all too well.

hang in there, enjoy the car regardless

Yeah, speaking of that, did you ever get all the Bee guts off???
Old 08-12-2010, 01:00 AM   #19
InvaderMoose

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
So, a few weeks ago I payed $140 for a complete interior, exterior detail. Literally the second they finish buffing it. BAM THUNDER. Pours all the way home.

Engine/Appearance: 530 RWHP
Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs
InvaderMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:08 AM   #20
JHart
I haz camaro again :)

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
exactly why my next 5th gen will more than likely not be black even though imo it's the sexiest color EVAR. i could spend all day, doing everything possible to make it clean, then go store it in my garage, go to back it out the next evening to have a night out with the gf, and bamm nukka. dust all over that once shiny hood :(

2010 silverado z71 ccsb(sold, old dd)
2010 camaro1ss(sold, missed, will have another someday)
JHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:21 AM   #21
98_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Yep, it's a terrible feeling.
One time, I spent nearly two hours washing my car absolutely meticulously, to take it to school that afternoon and have it rained on.
It was just enough water to mess up all my hard work...
2016 Summit White 2SS Coupe M6, NPP, & MRC
Now Driving:
2016 Torch Red Corvette 2LT, NPP, MRC
98_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:38 AM   #22
harmonicator
Super Lead Plexi

Drives: "Elvira" 2010 Blk Camaro 3SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kycamaross View Post
Yeah, speaking of that, did you ever get all the Bee guts off???
yeah, I wiped most all of it off with quik-detailer right after it happened. still a lil bit left, but I'll catch the rest when I wash it again in a day or two.

I tell ya...black is futile. You may as well give up trying to have it perfect. Black is NOT for anyone with even a hint of OCD tendencies. I will never own a black car again. Damn thing is giving me tennis elbow. Plus, it's a minimum of 3 hours every time I wash her. Just like a hot girl...demands time, attention, money...
Old 08-12-2010, 01:50 AM   #23
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
Tuesday I washed my car and pulled it into the garage to get it ready for a meet that night. I had it all detailed and ready to go. I was working on my bike so I backed it back into the driveway. It was 100* and sunny. I went inside to take a break and a few minutes later I hear a crack of thunder. I go back outside to see it pouring down rain. Back into the garage it went for another wipe down lol.

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:59 AM   #24
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
As we left the house it was nice and sunny about 5 miles away rounded the corner to see the doom and gloom. I said "oh f#@k. Damn maybe we should go back home" well we headed down anyway the closer we got the uglier it got. Finally my wife sensed my frustration and said let's hit a drive through and go home. It was in the drive through that they for some reason were having issues making food while I was having my own outside. Here comes the monster winds ahead of the storm. Now its raining pine needles all over my car then thubder and complete downpour...... lol.... god said he didn't want me to have a spotless camaro. She is all clean again and maybe this weekend we can have fun
Old 08-12-2010, 06:55 AM   #25
TwoEcho
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-Imperial Blue
I feel your pain. We hadn't had rain here in SC for 15 days. I woke up to another beautiful sunny (albeit hot) day, and thought it would be a good day for a full detail. Spent 4 hours with my Camaro and had it looking awesome. No kidding, 15 minutes after I finished, I was on my way to a friend's house and the sky turned black and dumped 2 inches of rain on me...

TwoEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:03 AM   #26
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Works that way for me too -- everytime I wash the car -- rain....if I don't wash her and I suffer through having a dirty car -- no rain....then, wash...instant rain....

and it's always just that little drizzle that leaves horrendous water spots or some kind of dirt rain that leaves spots of ick all over....like I tossed a bucket of mud on her -- ew!
Old 08-12-2010, 10:48 AM   #27
LoneCynic

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
Mine is Imperial Blue, which is not quite, but almost as bad as black. At least some of you have garages to keep yours in. I do not, so I'm am always at the mercy of mother nature. Friday is generally my day off from work, so I just put up with it during the work days, and take her to the laser car wash every Friday morning. If my luck holds out, she at least looks good for Friday nights and Saturday mornings.
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:52 AM   #28
3min3m2

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SIM L-99
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneCynic View Post
Mine is Imperial Blue, which is not quite, but almost as bad as black. At least some of you have garages to keep yours in. I do not, so I'm am always at the mercy of mother nature. Friday is generally my day off from work, so I just put up with it during the work days, and take her to the laser car wash every Friday morning. If my luck holds out, she at least looks good for Friday nights and Saturday mornings.

Borla S type, Volant CAI.
3min3m2 is offline   Reply With Quote