Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-19-2007, 03:03 PM   #1
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Question What do you guys think of the Grand Prix GTP Supercharged?

I recently sold my daily driver a high mileage dodge stratus. I am looking at a 97-02 GTP grand prix coupe preferably with the supercharged 3800 engine. has anybody here on the forums owned this car or one with that same drivetrain (monte ss supercharged, regal supercharged, etc)? if so did you guys have any problems with it? I plan on driving mine year round, i live in south west NY so i will most likely be putting snow tires on it. have any of you guys driven one of these cars in the winter?

this is what i am looking at style wise.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:15 PM   #2
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
There's a couple guys on the forum I am on for Virginia, and I know at least one adores his. Makes very decent numbers, too. Concistant low-13s. I can't speak for it's reliability and issues though.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:17 PM   #3
1bad67camaro
SKREW SALEEN

Drives: 1967 CAMARO
I hade a 2000 monte ss with a 3800 engine, Me and my freinds pulled a super charger out of a grand prix in a junk ward. and instled it i drove that car for 73,000 miles with no problems i miss that car.Sold it for my 67 camaro. MY MONTE RAN 11.9S with small tuneing
Old 06-20-2007, 01:23 AM   #4
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
My wife had a '03 GT(non supercharged 3800) before she traded it in on the mustang. The only things we had wrong with it were the passenger side window motor went out, and some electronic module behind the dash for the AC went out so it didn't have AC on the driver's side. It was something to do with the dual zone climate control. I think a GTP would make an outstanding daily driver. Especially if you get them optioned out. They are a good looking car, and you can get them cheap because GPs in general do not hold value at all. You can mod them quite a bit too. I was at Richmond Dragway one night that a club of late model GM FWD cars (GPs, Monte Carlos) were doing a test and tune. There were a couple of them running 11s, and one even getting like 10.8 or 10.9. I was pretty impressed.
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:32 AM   #5
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
I have a '99 GP GT, I wish I had the supercharged though. GP's have great engines and transmissions, I can't say enough about them. No problems even with 157,000.
The only problems I have had are with the HUD, daytime running lamps and my DS window switch gave out.

Oh yeah, I did drive mine in the winter up in Ohio. They are very good in the snow and they come with traction control. I used to have an Aurora and they came with seat warmers. Felt like you were peeing yourself. lol

Last edited by Eisenhower; 06-20-2007 at 09:37 AM. Reason: forgot comment
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:52 AM   #6
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
I was going to upgrade my GP with a few pewformance parts from this site but decided to put the money to use on the new camaro.
Check out the performance vids here
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote