Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 07-16-2013, 06:28 AM   #169
Zeus95

Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
Just checked the weather is suppose to be 88 partly sunny, slight chance of a thunderstorm in afternoon. Accuweather.
I also talked to one of the guys at Gingerman, and there gas prices are $5.50 for 93 octane. $8.75 per gallon for 100 & 110 octane. FYI
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:53 AM   #170
marticus24

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Whoohoo!! Can't wait!
marticus24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #171
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Another reminder, most HPDE's require you to wear long pants and long sleeve shirt while on track. While it is going to be super hot they may/may not change this requirement so plan accordingly. Personally I plan on having a set of shorts and tshirt to change into once I come off track so I do not melt in the pits.

IF you are new to this here are a few other things you will want to bring;
Cooler with water/Gatorade/etc.
Tire gauge
Torque wrench
Toolbox with just the necessities (just the few wrenches and sockets/etc. to do the basics, you aren't going to pull an engine but if you need to check a plug, bleed brakes, change pads, etc. you can)
Jack
Gloves (Brakes and wheels get HOT)
Extra oil
Extra brake fluid
A couple of large thick trash bags(if it rains you can put all of your stuff in them to keep them dry)
Tarp (see above)

Again these are just some of the basics. I will have all of this and more, kinda like a mini F1 pit, with me if you either forgot something or do not have room. Feel free to find me if you need to borrow something, just make sure you bring it back . If I have forgotten to mention something I am sure others will.

As mentioned above, Fuel is expensive at the track. There is a Shell and BP right near the Hotels and a Murphy just across the highway. So fill up before you go in the morning and if you need fuel during the day these are all just a mileish down the road from the track.

Remember, HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE!!!

See y'all Friday, FRIday FRIDAY!!!!!!!

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #172
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Thanks for the tips T.! See you there!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #173
Halo Super Cars

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
For anyone coming in on Thursday, there is a car show in St. Joseph on the bluff over looking Lake Michigan from 4pm on. We'll be down there with 2 Camaro's and some other cars if anyone plans on coming let us know, and we'll save you a spot.

Due to the car show, we won't be open Thursday night, but will be open till 8pm on Friday for anyone that wants to stop by, hang out, or get some work done.
Halo Super Cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #174
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
man I hope it is a cloudy day, partially to somewhat sunny but without rain! The pavement is a bit new so with rain you never know how that surface is going to be with all the sealer, tire gumbo floatin' on there.

I am really excited by the way, especially knowing driver meeting is at 9 and not 7 like with some clubs. 4 hour drive means I can leave around 4-5am not the usual 2-3am runs.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #175
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
man I hope it is a cloudy day, partially to somewhat sunny but without rain! The pavement is a bit new so with rain you never know how that surface is going to be with all the sealer, tire gumbo floatin' on there.

I am really excited by the way, especially knowing driver meeting is at 9 and not 7 like with some clubs. 4 hour drive means I can leave around 4-5am not the usual 2-3am runs.
Are you bringing Scott's 'loaner' Z/28 with you?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #176
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I held out as long as I could, but there is just no way I can make this. Wish I could You guys have fun
Old 07-16-2013, 07:10 PM   #177
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Are you bringing Scott's 'loaner' Z/28 with you?
I wish that one day God (or Scott) blesses me with the opportunity to drive a Z/28 at the track.

I am, however, very thankful to be able to take my 1LE there and test my 3" cooling ducts.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #178
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Cooling ducts are good at Gingerman.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #179
Zeus95

Thanks for the tips T Bone!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:34 AM   #180
Aimless

Drives: TANNHÄUSER
Hey everyone I'll be driving a good 12 hours to get up to MI. Not that it really matters, just throwing it out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
I wish that one day God (or Scott) blesses me with the opportunity to drive a Z/28 at the track.

I am, however, very thankful to be able to take my 1LE there and test my 3" cooling ducts.

How did you route your ducts? I've heard others have had trouble with the 3" size. I've installed 2"ers on my car (in overt orange no less).
Aimless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:37 AM   #181
Zeus95

Drive safe !! Aimless.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:02 AM   #182
Aimless

Drives: TANNHÄUSER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus95 View Post
Drive safe !! Aimless.

Thanks for the well wishes but I drive aimlessly. Hence the screen name.

I'm actually more concerned about my rear diff taking a dump on the way back, or my valvetrain fliping me the bird before it decides to quit.

Nah, I'll be fine. been over the car with a fine tooth comb. If anything does happen I'll take it as an opportunity to upgrade some more.
Aimless is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aimless cant drive.., road course action in mi, ssmike can't get enough