Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-17-2009, 08:08 AM   #1
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Storage

I just reserved two spots in a climate controlled limestone mine for our cars. $60 per month per car. I can't imagine how hard it's going to be to park it and walk away.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:17 AM   #2
ebsmith123

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS, 2000 Regal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
I just reserved two spots in a climate controlled limestone mine for our cars. $60 per month per car. I can't imagine how hard it's going to be to park it and walk away.
I park mine downstairs in the parking garage and put a cover on top of it and make sure i check on my baby before I leave in my other car....cant wait til saturday to pull her back out!!! I definitely wont be driving her to work!!!

How cool is that!!!
ebsmith123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:23 AM   #3
chrisinlittlerock

Drives: 2010 Camaro/08 Tundra
I am fortunate to live in a cliamate that lets you drive year round with 99% snow and muck free. I know it must be hard to see your baby just sitting there during the winter month's. We pray for snow down here but I have a 4x4 Tundra to play in stuff like that also its hard to get a Deer in the trunk of a Camaro although I saw a T-top Corvette with a dead deer in the passenger seat once. The legs sticking out the top. Now thats red neck.
chrisinlittlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:30 AM   #4
chevyss
SS/RS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM w/blk stripes A6
Just a test. I have a nice storage for the winter, and yes it will be really hard to walk away from it. I'll start counting the days until I can get it back out.
Attached Images

chevyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:33 AM   #5
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
My garage is heated so I used to have to look at my gto just sitting under her cover all winter long. Then I have to look at my sleds sitting all summer long...... I just can't win....
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:33 AM   #6
camarotoofast
VIN #586 is Home

Drives: 00 Z28 Camaro 69 camaro 81 cam
Send a message via Yahoo to camarotoofast
It is hard to park it and walk away but its great to get back in it a week later.I just have too worry about fire,flood and storm damage I have had all of these things happen too me at a storge. 1st i make sure you CAN'T work on anything there that's how fire's start, 2nd alway's have my cars on ramps,and 3rd if you have more then 2 cars its best to have 2 diffrent storge rm. location's if there's a fire you dont lose all your toy's. I had a fire at 1 of my storge rm. burnt up 12million in RV and 40 ft. from my stall,Then a year ago last week IKE tore the place apart -scary times-
Old 09-17-2009, 09:07 AM   #7
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Well we have the Camaro, a Sky, silverado and a grand Cherokee. We decided we are parking the jeep and truck indoors for the winter so we will be leaving our toys stored for the long winter until the spring rains get the salt washed away. From my understanding it's a couple hundred feet under ground and pitch black. Everyone is required to disconnect their batteries so there should be no chance for fires or anyone working on their cars. Going to drive up with a couple guys with old caddies that do this every year and ride back with them. Neighbor is selling their house I wish I could afford it just for the extra garage space!!
Old 09-17-2009, 11:02 AM   #8
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
Well we have the Camaro, a Sky, silverado and a grand Cherokee. We decided we are parking the jeep and truck indoors for the winter so we will be leaving our toys stored for the long winter until the spring rains get the salt washed away. From my understanding it's a couple hundred feet under ground and pitch black. Everyone is required to disconnect their batteries so there should be no chance for fires or anyone working on their cars. Going to drive up with a couple guys with old caddies that do this every year and ride back with them. Neighbor is selling their house I wish I could afford it just for the extra garage space!!
Call a contractor and add on. Maybe even dig out under your garage and put an elevator in.... LOL.

Ya I have a 4 car at the place here. I don't know if its better to have them here, or to keep them somewhere else where I don't have to see them.

Last edited by Scrappy Doo; 09-17-2009 at 01:25 PM. Reason: spelling
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:31 AM   #9
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7

Hi Jamie!!!..

I cannot even imagine how much you are gonna miss Rosie over the winter...:(

My car is the daily driver and my husband already bought the snow tires and rims for winter...hopefully, our NY winter will not be too bad this yr...the last few were ok...

I would have to visit my car EVERY DAY if I had it stored away until spring...it would probably feel like it did when we were all waiting on our cars in the first place...only worse, because we already have the cars and have been driving them for months...

Good luck with the storage...
Old 09-17-2009, 09:07 PM   #10
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
Call a contractor and add on. Maybe even dig out under your garage and put an elevator in.... LOL.

Ya I have a 4 car at the place here. I don't know if its better to have them here, or to keep them somewhere else where I don't have to see them.

Didn't you see my thread on the last contractor we hired? If I could add a garage I would but it's impossible with my yard and property lines