Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-09-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
67rs/ss

Drives: 67
Dealership sold my Camaro to manager's son-AVOID FALLS AUTO GROUP IN CORBIN,KY

This is insane. I pre-ordered a Victory Red 2SS/RS Camaro on the first day customers were able to back in October. I went to my local dealer and was #1 on their order list. They agreed to sell the car to me at the window sticker price. I had talked with the salesman before and thought he was honest. For the past few weeks he has been calling me with order updates.

I called him this week and he tells me that my order was canceled and that they were only going to get one SS Camaro between now and October. They were going to sell it at 10k above sticker. He had told me back in October that they had 6 allocations. I knew something was fishy, so I called the GM customer service line yesterday and the rep. tells me that the car has been produced and it will arrive at the dealership in a couple of days. I called him back today and he tells me that the car has been delivered to the dealership.

So I go to the dealership today and see a salesman that doesn't know me. I asked him if the dealership had a 2SS Camaro. He says, "Yeah, but it's already gone. The manager's son has it." So, I go inside and talk to the salesman that I was working with. He wouldn't admit that they had the car I ordered on the lot. He just repeated, "I haven't seen the invoice."

They ended up hijacking my order so an employee's family member could be the first on the block to get a Camaro. They lied to me and thought I wouldn't figure out what happened. What a terrible experience. I hope the dealership folds.

I called GM and they said they couldn't do anything.

If anyone knows where I can get a Victory Red 2SS/RS Camaro in KY or the surrounding area at sticker please let me know.
67rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:44 PM   #2
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
There has got to be some recourse you can take. No, it won't get you that car, but dammit, people cannot get away with this crap. Whose got some ideas?
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
HuJass

Drives: GM
I would call a lawyer. There may be nothing you can do but I would want to check with an expert first before I wrote the experience off.

And PM Fbodfather. Probably nothing he can do, but he will probably relay it to the higher ups. I'm sure they don't want to hear about this crap.
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #4
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White

I hope this gets handled properly.

That is just so cold.

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:48 PM   #5
HuJass

Drives: GM
Call the media and explain what happened. Maybe they would do a piece on it.
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #6
GMtothecore
"That Guy"

Drives: Camaro SS...........what else?
Location: OOOOOOOklahoma where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains.
Wow, dealers are just burning bridges left and right over this car!!
Old 05-09-2009, 08:53 PM   #7
trudawg660

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
Call the media and explain what happened. Maybe they would do a piece on it.
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:02 PM   #8
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
I would call or write to the better business bureau in your state, call your state consumer fraud hotline AND

CALL THE LOCAL NEWS!!!! You should first threaten them with the NEWS. DO you have a Local news that does investigations on stuff like this?? In NY We have Arnold Diaz who does a segment called :"Shame on You" and they go after landlords and local business's that screw people.....IT WORKS!!

I would stand outside the dealer, on public land....in the street with a HUGE SIGN that says........"Do NOT do business with this dealer, stop and ask me my story". It is not only legal, but will get you action..........DO NOT TAKE IT LYING DOWN!!
Old 05-09-2009, 09:07 PM   #9
Hillbilly
Rider of the short BUS

Drives: Ukon/F350(work)/Intruder800
I doubt that that is the truth guys. I know most of the guys at this dealership.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:09 PM   #10
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
I doubt that that is the truth guys. I know most of the guys at this dealership.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:10 PM   #11
67rs/ss

Drives: 67
Quote:
It's true. I have my workbench order and welcome packet as proof of my order. I was in the dealership on Oct 13 to order. They are low down SOBs.
67rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:11 PM   #12
keepontrukkin

Drives: 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
If you have your deal in writing, get as much other documentation as you can. Lurk around the parking lot until you get pictures of the car, with VIN. Get GM to email you the information they provided so you have it in writing. Then call the local news organizations. They live for this crap.
keepontrukkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:12 PM   #13
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
So??

This is about the 4th story Ive heard about a car being "cancelled" and then the EXACT same car that was cancelled shows up at the dealership for sale at 4-10k over MSRP.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #14
keepontrukkin

Drives: 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Sue everybody.
keepontrukkin is offline   Reply With Quote