Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
Harry.S

Drives: 2011 2lt black Camaro
More problems...

Been having a ton of problems with my car ever since I bought it

The dealerships been running an oil consumption test since it's burning an absurd amount of oil.
After the first 5000 mile test they told me it was a leaking pcv valve and then after that when the problem wasn't fixed they started another 5000 mile test and when i took it back with almost a dry dipstick they told me the test wasn't run right. The other service guy didn't mark the dipstick correctly. So i started another 4000 mile consumption test.

Yesterday 3500 into the consumption test I took the car out to get some gas. It was running great but right after stopping and going on the first stop light i tried to shift into second and the whole shifter got jammed or something. I stopped the car and tried to move the shifter and it woudln't shift into any gears jammed completely. Finally got it into first and tried to slowly drive back home (3-4 blocks) and it started shifting fine again.

It seems like it cut power too and I went home and checked the dipstick is almost dry. I checked the oil the night before and it was still in the normal range?

Are there any bulletins about this?
Car is a stock 2011 2lt rs
Harry.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #2
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
The v6 engine has oil consumption issues. There are a number of others here on this site who are experiencing the same issue that you have.

I have not seen a TSB on burning oil on the v6.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
Harry.S

Drives: 2011 2lt black Camaro
thanks I just had it towed today

but main problem is I've never had the stick get stuck like that in a manual before
Harry.S is offline   Reply With Quote