Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

View Poll Results: TWP 3/17. What did you order?
ZL1 7 12.73%
2SS 1LE 17 30.91%
1SS 1LE 5 9.09%
1SS, 2SS.....V8 14 25.45%
1LS, 2LS, 1LT, 2LT......V6 12 21.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2014, 03:57 PM   #197
RazorLED

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ1LE View Post
Hey everyone, been reading this site since before I ordered my car on 2and tell him you want him to log in and give you a status update/6 but just now signed up.. My car also had a production date of 3/17 and the wait is killing me here in Indy.. Hubler Chevy hasn't been very helpful in finding out info on my car and what's the hold up.. I've gotten more info from you all! I hope my 1LE is on the same rail car as IndyDriver, my dealer won't tell me event codes, rail cars or location.. Not Happy.. But like many of you I have piled up $1000 or so in bolt ons and accessories to endure the wait. At least we won't have to endure much longer!!
If you want your dealer to respond go in on a Saturday which just so happens to be tomorrow
and tell him that you want a status update right now. it'll be busy as the weather is warming up you hate to make a stink in front of all those potential customers for the bad service after the sale...;-) wink
RazorLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:00 PM   #198
Shiftgreen

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE AGM
You can talk to gm customer service on there site. Ive been doing that every day since monday. I just finished talking to one of them and it's still bayed :(
Shiftgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:30 PM   #199
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ1LE View Post
Hey everyone, been reading this site since before I ordered my car on 2/6 but just now signed up.. My car also had a production date of 3/17 and the wait is killing me here in Indy.. Hubler Chevy hasn't been very helpful in finding out info on my car and what's the hold up.. I've gotten more info from you all! I hope my 1LE is on the same rail car as IndyDriver, my dealer won't tell me event codes, rail cars or location.. Not Happy.. But like many of you I have piled up $1000 or so in bolt ons and accessories to endure the wait. At least we won't have to endure much longer!!
Welcome to C5! Another Indy member, fantastic. Are you in the south side? I corresponded with Hubler but they're just to far from me and they didn't give me a good reason to come down for a FTF. I've been super happy with Hare in Noblesville but that's probably a long way from you. Hare even gives every Camaro buyer a complimentary membership to Indynextgen, the local Camaro fan club. Nice touch. Anyway, you found the best place in the world to get info about your new Camaro. Ill bet your car is on that same train, in which case youll get that most wanted call next week. Dont forget to post pics! See you around some time.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:52 PM   #200
FZ1LE
Camaro SS 1LE

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!! I know, I'm about t start something at the dealership, but might try the Gm chat first.. Yea, there is infinite knowledge here that I have just barely scraped the surface. It's awesome!
FZ1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:23 PM   #201
terptitan

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Strangest thing. I'm told on Tuesday night that my ZL1 was to arrive at the Annapolis Junction, MD VDC on Wednesday. I check the Chevrolet tracking site on Wed and it tells me it arrived at the dealership. I call my dealer and he says it's not there. I contact Becky on this forum and she says from her info, it's at the dealer as well. But, it's now off her radar. I then get told by my rep that the vehicle is enroute...but I contact a rep via the online tracking tool and he tells me it is still at the VDC. What? I then get told today that they expect delivery on either Saturday...but no later than Monday. And, he's had all the time in the world to order and have the upgraded audio hardware but only has one thing as the other parts will arrive "soon". So, I'll still have to wait even if it arrives on Saturday.

So, quite the process, right? Yet, my dealer wanted me to be there last weekend so he can get the sale and get his March incentive. I can't wait to get my car and drive it. But, while my dealer is a good guy, he really didn't do SQUAT for me as I used this forum to get all of my answers and yet he needed me to drive an hour so he can get his precious bonus while he lied and didn't tell me the truth or simply didn't check.

I know I won't regret the purchase as this is one hell of a car. But, I'm pretty pissed right now. I just want my car.
terptitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:30 PM   #202
Shiftgreen

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terptitan View Post
Strangest thing. I'm told on Tuesday night that my ZL1 was to arrive at the Annapolis Junction, MD VDC on Wednesday. I check the Chevrolet tracking site on Wed and it tells me it arrived at the dealership. I call my dealer and he says it's not there. I contact Becky on this forum and she says from her info, it's at the dealer as well. But, it's now off her radar. I then get told by my rep that the vehicle is enroute...but I contact a rep via the online tracking tool and he tells me it is still at the VDC. What? I then get told today that they expect delivery on either Saturday...but no later than Monday. And, he's had all the time in the world to order and have the upgraded audio hardware but only has one thing as the other parts will arrive "soon". So, I'll still have to wait even if it arrives on Saturday.

So, quite the process, right? Yet, my dealer wanted me to be there last weekend so he can get the sale and get his March incentive. I can't wait to get my car and drive it. But, while my dealer is a good guy, he really didn't do SQUAT for me as I used this forum to get all of my answers and yet he needed me to drive an hour so he can get his precious bonus while he lied and didn't tell me the truth or simply didn't check.

I know I won't regret the purchase as this is one hell of a car. But, I'm pretty pissed right now. I just want my car.
I know what you mean. If you want to know what is going on then I would talk to GM customer service on the GM website. They will ask for your full name, number and order number.
I find out much quicker through them then constantly hassling my sales guy which takes about 3 hrs to respond.
Hopefully we will have the same train maybe since Im right below you.
Shiftgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:19 PM   #203
FZ1LE
Camaro SS 1LE

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
Welcome to C5! Another Indy member, fantastic. Are you in the south side? I corresponded with Hubler but they're just to far from me and they didn't give me a good reason to come down for a FTF. I've been super happy with Hare in Noblesville but that's probably a long way from you. Hare even gives every Camaro buyer a complimentary membership to Indynextgen, the local Camaro fan club. Nice touch. Anyway, you found the best place in the world to get info about your new Camaro. Ill bet your car is on that same train, in which case youll get that most wanted call next week. Dont forget to post pics! See you around some time.
Yea, I'm on the south side.. Hubler is one of the better rated Chevy dealers down here so I figured why not.. Just so happens I got a rookie salesman who kinda seemed to lose interest when I didn't want the 1LE they had on lot.. Kinda lazy too, it's like pulling teeth just to get him to check something real quick. I just go over his head and deal with the sales and inventory manager. They are still not as helpful as I'd prefer.. They said I can't start the financing and paperwork till they have the car which is bs, I've got the VIN#.. I'm def not gonna feel bad about dropping the GM employee discount plus the $1000 customer cash on them when it comes to the deal.. Anyone know of any more incentives I can get??
FZ1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:58 PM   #204
terptitan

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Good news...my dealer sent me pics today. She has arrived! Now just hope the parts for the audio upgrade are in on Monday.
terptitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #205
Indydriver

Quote:
Good news...my dealer sent me pics today. She has arrived! Now just hope the parts for the audio upgrade are in on Monday.
That is Great news. I am expecting the same on Monday. What is your audio upgrade?
Old 04-05-2014, 07:54 PM   #206
RazorLED

Quote:
I hate you..
Old 04-06-2014, 03:54 AM   #207
Indydriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorLED View Post
I hate you..
This is starting to get comical...mine was reported to be at the truck depot Thursday morning, two hours away, a "hot" delivery, and nothing since. I spent the whole day underneath other cars and in the yard working yesterday and kind of forgot about it for a while. [Note to self: Get caught up on other chores so that when it does finally arrive...]

I'm sure my friendly salesman just wants to surprise me next week with the message that my car is ready to be picked up! We might even have a top down day next week!

Razor, I just realized your thread is now 9 pages of angst!!! That'll scare off any future factory orderers!
Old 04-06-2014, 11:33 AM   #208
RazorLED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
This is starting to get comical...mine was reported to be at the truck depot Thursday morning, two hours away, a "hot" delivery, and nothing since. I spent the whole day underneath other cars and in the yard working yesterday and kind of forgot about it for a while. [Note to self: Get caught up on other chores so that when it does finally arrive...]

I'm sure my friendly salesman just wants to surprise me next week with the message that my car is ready to be picked up! We might even have a top down day next week!

Razor, I just realized your thread is now 9 pages of angst!!! That'll scare off any future factory orderers!
Hahaha... actually it's kind of funny. The last time I factory ordered a car was in 07, a mini cooper s. It took 2 months to arrive but for some reason this wait feels so much longer.

Today would have actually been the first day weather would have permitted me driving it. The thing is, once I get it, I'll forget about how long and painful the wait was and then order a car later just remembered again.

The only thing that concerns me now is my car didn't make the train because of some quality issue and I don't know what that is?? I'm glad that someone caught it and is taking care of it but it just prolongs the delivery.... gotta take the good with the bad I guess
Old 04-07-2014, 10:38 AM   #209
Indydriver

Well, this morning's update contains new and different information. NOW, my car arrived at the Cincinnati depot at 3:30 this morning. No ETA to the dealer...

I asked my salesman today if they would disable skip shift and hill assist as part of the dealer prep. Bet they've never heard that one before! I am increasing my lead as the biggest PITA they've ever dealt with.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:22 AM   #210
RazorLED

Well I just got some more BAD NEWS!

Called Chevy CS to get an update on my car. It still has not shipped. I was told it was pulled last week due to a quality issue by my dealer, however the CS rep did not have that information. She also could not give me an ETA, said to call back next week and maybe they would have an update.

The car took 18hrs to build and has been sitting for 17 days waiting to ship! (retarded!).

I understand the rail car situation and all, but I'm starting to think the car was damaged on the lot or while trying to load it on a rail car and that is the "Quality Issue". Either way they should have this figured out

Glad to here that you guys will be getting your cars soon and don't have to put up with this