Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #29
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I wish I lived close to you. I would pay $1,000 in a second to get that kind of job. I love the look of a car after a detail like that, but I'm not a fan of all the hard work it takes to make it happen.
You sir are a master for sure.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #30
Quackster

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS & 1968 Camaro
Not sure why anyone feels the need to criticize the Junkman for making money and providing an excellent service. It's the car owners money and they can spent it however they want. I've always enjoyed watching Junkman's videos and have learned a ton by watching...usually have to watch them more than once
Quackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #31
Jeffm
ICANHAZ

Drives: 2013 CRT 1SS/RS
Jealousy
Jeffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #32
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
looks fantastic, I don't know much about detailing a car. I just wash mine and use a lot of meguiars Wax's.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #33
Envy
Bully Proof

Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
Those who guessed no wax at all obviously don't know much about the Junkman...lol...because he would never call the job done without waxing it too!!!
Old 07-10-2013, 10:45 PM   #34
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Those who guessed no wax at all obviously don't know much about the Junkman...lol...because he would never call the job done without waxing it too!!!
No wax. If he's asking what wax made the car look this way it's easy and I quote "I don't get all caught up in all the choices because I don't use a wax or sealant make my paint LOOK a specific way. All of my paint's appearance comes from the polishing process. Thus, I never fall for the gimmick's that manufacturers claim about their waxes and sealants. Since the ONLY reason I use a wax or sealant is for protection"
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #35
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al C. View Post
I should of clarified, didnt agree with the bashing just with the results. Great job Junkman. Im sure the hrs spent justified the cost, however much it was.
I didn't consider your post bashing at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I wish I lived close to you. I would pay $1,000 in a second to get that kind of job. I love the look of a car after a detail like that, but I'm not a fan of all the hard work it takes to make it happen.
You sir are a master for sure.
The work involved.... THAT'S why I don't do this for a living. That's a LOT of work to earn a lousy 1K and add to that, I get all anal about the work and do way more than I planned. At my age, sitting in a air conditioned office with a plush leather chair is definitely more desirable than sweating over a car. That's why I went back to college and got my degree after the Marine Corps. This man figured it out early in life and now I own the IT firm that I work for. Add to that, I love my boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackster View Post
Not sure why anyone feels the need to criticize the Junkman for making money and providing an excellent service. It's the car owners money and they can spent it however they want. I've always enjoyed watching Junkman's videos and have learned a ton by watching...usually have to watch them more than once
More people should follow your lead and watch those video twice. More people would know the answer to my riddle. :thumbs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
First, let me apologize for using the word 'boner'! I didn't realize that you were a woman! Now I'm all embarrassed!

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:13 AM   #36
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Okay boys and girls, here is your winner!

Old 07-17-2013, 08:33 AM   #37
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

I forgot to post the after pics...